RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

madclimberboy

Jan 23, 2007, 2:02 AM
Post #1 of 6 (691 views)
Shortcut

ATL partner needed
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey all,

My name is Matt Peters and I am looking to find someone to climb with in/around Atlanta both inside and outside. I'm currently a freshman at Georgia Tech and I have a car and would be willing to drive if necessary (especially when going outdoors). I'm from up North (Massachusetts) and have been climbing for about 6 years and can climb solid 5.12 (looking to break into 5.13), although I haven't climbed in a while and will need to do some training to get back to that level. I'd be especially interested in climbing at Atlanta Rocks or Adrenaline Climbing inside -- but it really doesn't matter; as for outdoors, the only places I've been in the SE are the Red and Little River Canyon, but I'd love to go anywhere. Feel free to respond to this post, PM me, or email me at peters@gatech.edu. Thanks!

Matt Peters

sthcrag510

Jan 24, 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #2 of 6 (669 views)
Shortcut

Re: [madclimberboy] ATL partner needed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey man im from atlanta but i go to school in auburn so i know that doesn't really help you out that much. A buddy of mine goes to tech who boulders alot his name is greg. I forget which gym he goes to but he'd probably be willing to climb with you.

jpartridge78

Jan 26, 2007, 3:06 AM
Post #3 of 6 (650 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sthcrag510] ATL partner needed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, I don't go to Auburn but I do go to Troy. I hear there's some decent climbing around Auburn.

What do you think about the areas around you? What's good, whats to be avoided? How good is the roped climbing?

I usually just suck it up and make the drive up to HP40, but something a little closer would be cool too.

(This post was edited by jpartridge78 on Jan 26, 2007, 3:07 AM)

drunkenhighball

Jan 26, 2007, 4:43 AM
Post #4 of 6 (646 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't know if you're into bouldering, but Boat Rock is a cool little boulder field. It is probably within 25 minutes of Tech unless you hit traffic. I'll be down there this weekend sometime if you wanna hook up. Later.

sthcrag510

Jan 26, 2007, 5:06 AM
Post #5 of 6 (643 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jpartridge78] ATL partner needed [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

well there is cherokee rock bluffs which is near lake martin which is good. I climb there alot. if your looking for sport climbing this would be the place to go. There is a boulder a little ways off campus but it isn't worth the drive. Cherokee has about 15 routes and there is a good camping area right next to the river. It'd be worth checkin out if you have the time. If you ever head out there and need a guide just holler at me.

adrenaline_climber

Mar 20, 2007, 12:20 AM
Post #6 of 6 (538 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hey man my name is Kurt Shepherd i actually work at Adrenaline Climbing im pretty new to climbing but i love it and climb about 6 days a week. Hit me up if you interested im climbing about a 10c or 10d indoors right now but id like to get a partner my cell is 770-402-2008

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook