Premier Sponsor:

kantkatchme

Jan 26, 2007, 5:49 AM
Post #1 of 12 (444 views)
Shortcut

monkey arms?
Report this Post
Can't Post

i figured since climbers tend to have longer arms...or at least are more aware of thier arm lenght. i would ask the question: does any one else have an impossible time buying jackets that have long enough arms?

i fit into a small...except then the arms stop half way to my elbows...so i end up getting a large to compinsate..and then the rest is just huge. anyone else have this problem?

and while im on the subject of jackets. if you could get one with at removble liner and a snow skirt or ust a snow skirt or just a liner. whih would you choose and why?

its bloody cold here and i need a new ski jacket ( i know, wrong sport) but i though i would ask anyways..
-K

Partner brent_e

Jan 26, 2007, 5:52 AM
Post #2 of 12 (440 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kantkatchme] monkey arms? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I hear beyondfleece.com will have hardshells next season. You could get one of their softshells custom made for you, though.

good luck

Brent (ape index ~+2)

kantkatchme

Jan 26, 2007, 5:59 AM
Post #3 of 12 (434 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brent_e] monkey arms? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ok...im not that "special"Cool

i dont thin k i need a custom jacket..lol
but thanks for the idea

-K

fancyclaps

Jan 26, 2007, 6:03 AM
Post #4 of 12 (433 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:

but thanks for the idea

-K

Actually the base price for their softshell is only $169.00, which is comparable to most decent softshells out there. Unless you add a ton of features that is a pretty good price IMHO.

Michael

Partner brent_e

Jan 26, 2007, 6:11 AM
Post #5 of 12 (428 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fancyclaps] monkey arms? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

fancyclaps wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

but thanks for the idea

-K

Actually the base price for their softshell is only $169.00, which is comparable to most decent softshells out there. Unless you add a ton of features that is a pretty good price IMHO.

Michael

exactly. it's comparable if not LESS than a lot of softshells, which i think is ridiculous.

try their side, fancy.

here it is

(This post was edited by brent_e on Jan 26, 2007, 6:11 AM)

kantkatchme

Jan 26, 2007, 6:13 AM
Post #6 of 12 (425 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fancyclaps] monkey arms? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ah 169....
i forgot to add one important detail.., i happen to work at a store that carries north face and sierra designs, canada goose (unfortunatly thats it) well columbia but it doesnt count. (the point is that i get a staff discount)
and i find that sierra designs makes everythign with short arms. tnf medium is ok..but im not a fan of them them...

oh...jsut to add ape index-= 3.5 ( is the .5 allowed)
-k

thomasribiere

Jan 26, 2007, 10:37 AM
Post #7 of 12 (411 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have the opposite problem with some fashion stuff designed in Spain. i don't know how spaniards are built, but the pullovers have always too long arms...

granite_grrl

Jan 26, 2007, 1:09 PM
Post #8 of 12 (401 views)
Shortcut

Re: monkey arms? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I forget what my ape index is (+3 at least, I think) but I do know that at 5'8" my arms are almost as long as my 6'0" climbing husband.

Buying long sleve shirts are the bane of my exsistance. I'm a big fan of the 3/4 length sleve look (because its already screwed up). As for jackets, I think I'm stuck with buying them a little large most of the time unless I luck out. I ended up bying a men's Marmot precip jacket because the women's was a total no go on me. But with men's jackets it can be really tight on my hips and in general they don't fit as well.

Stupid long arms. I like summer when I wear nothing but tanktops.

carabiner96

Jan 26, 2007, 3:16 PM
Post #9 of 12 (387 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brent_e] monkey arms? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

brent_e wrote:
fancyclaps wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

but thanks for the idea

-K

Michael

exactly. it's comparable if not LESS than a lot of softshells, which i think is ridiculous.

try their side, fancy.

here it is

Just checked out the site. Can't say that I'm overly impressed...but I usually don't have that hard of a time fitting anyway.

Just their site layout sucks and everything looks very 80's. But i guess thats cool... ;)

coastal_climber

Jan 26, 2007, 4:24 PM
Post #10 of 12 (369 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:
i figured since climbers tend to have longer arms...or at least are more aware of thier arm lenght. i would ask the question: does any one else have an impossible time buying jackets that have long enough arms?

i fit into a small...except then the arms stop half way to my elbows...so i end up getting a large to compinsate..and then the rest is just huge. anyone else have this problem?

and while im on the subject of jackets. if you could get one with at removble liner and a snow skirt or ust a snow skirt or just a liner. whih would you choose and why?

its bloody cold here and i need a new ski jacket ( i know, wrong sport) but i though i would ask anyways..
-K

Always. Just like other garmets, they are made for short stocky ppl.

Partner brent_e

Jan 26, 2007, 4:35 PM
Post #11 of 12 (366 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] monkey arms? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
brent_e wrote:
fancyclaps wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

but thanks for the idea

-K

Michael

try their side, fancy.

here it is

Just checked out the site. Can't say that I'm overly impressed...but I usually don't have that hard of a time fitting anyway.

Just their site layout sucks and everything looks very 80's. But i guess thats cool... ;)

very 80's???? lol their clothes are black!!! 80's would be fuscia, hot pink, and chartreuse!

I will contest the layout, as well. I find it to be pretty good.

And yes, i'm defending them! lol

Partner angry

Jan 26, 2007, 4:46 PM
Post #12 of 12 (358 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:
ah 169....
i forgot to add one important detail.., i happen to work at a store that carries north face and sierra designs, canada goose (unfortunatly thats it) well columbia but it doesnt count. (the point is that i get a staff discount)

Are you sure?

Most retail operations can get a whole hell of a lot more than you see on the floor. I would talk to your buyer to see who they have relations with and order a single piece. Many companies will allow you to order from them but won't let you be a "dealer" unless you have a certain amount of inventory on the sales floor.

Moonstone has long arms.

In many cases, even if you don't have an account with the company, they will sometimes allow you to buy from them as an employee once a year.

Talk to your boss and your buyer, I'd wager that there's a lot more than those brands available to you.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook