RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

herbaltee

Feb 13, 2007, 6:42 PM
Post #1 of 3 (680 views)
Shortcut

Smith Rock Northern Point
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This is probably one of my favorite pictures, anything you think I can do to make it better in post-production? Maybe sharper and lighten up the colors?

Paul_Y

Feb 16, 2007, 2:11 AM
Post #2 of 3 (648 views)
Shortcut

Re: [herbaltee] Smith Rock Northern Point [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I think the pose is a good one. Also where you placed the silhouette of the cliff in the frame is good (using the rule of thirds). Unfortunately the climber isn't in full silhouette and he/she gets lost in the shadow of the cliff. You can help see the climber better by using a photoediting software like photoshop or photoshop elements to bring up the shadow detail of the cliff and climber while keeping the sky nice and blue.

Regards,
Paul

krillen

Feb 21, 2007, 3:31 PM
Post #3 of 3 (603 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Paul_Y] Smith Rock Northern Point [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sillouettes are nice, but you need to have the subjects body in it. Just the legs leave you searching for more. Where's his head/face/torso?

To combat this, fill flash (if you were close enough) would light up your climberand the climb without reducing the great colour from the skies.

Also the ropes at the bottom of the climb are very distracting to me. If you are doing a full sillouette, pull them in the rock so they are hidden. If you fill flash, use them accordingly, or pull them if you don't need them.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook