First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

kantkatchme

Feb 24, 2007, 3:22 AM
Post #1 of 27 (1231 views)
Shortcut

how to break up when you arnt finished?
Report this Post
Can't Post

so, as some of you may remember, i got a big tat about a month ago. http://www.rockclimbing.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

well today i went to get it finished up, and i thought i was clear that i just wanted to add more bars to the wings and more circles to the facial discs...
well, one wing (thats all i ended up getting done) is now entirley shaded in, with large amounts of very dark shading, but not really any more bars to the feathers. its just wayyyyy darker. i am not one to cry, and i lasted through the first sitting with out a tear, and today i lasted untill i saw the wing (once he had finished it) and i wouldnt say i was balling, but i def had tears running down my face. when he started to work on the face. after about 5 min i decided that i couldnt do this being so mad about the wing and sit there for another 4 hrs while he finished the rest. but at least when your mad you dont think about the needle
and i have to admit, it wasnt all that painfull, he spent 2 hrs working on my ribs before i started to cry. (thank god im not a guy and im allowd to admit that i was cryingLaugh)

...i lost my train of thought.

ok, now i know that it wont be as dark when it heals, but its not even what i asked for. i am sooooo mad/upset.
this is going to be there forever, and i think it looked better before i went to get it finished.
so, i am a 3rd of the way through a back piece, and i dont want to go back, because he (in my opinion, the only one that matters) fucked up my tattoo.

what do i do? my next appt isnt till april cause thats ths only time that our schedules match up.
for those of you out there with ink, is it possible to salvage this? im gonna go and ask my friends artist who is highly recommended by many people, if he thinks there is anything i can do.
the problem is, is that i know its impossible to make things lighter.
BAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

ill try and get a picture up soon of the new wing.

dr_feelgood

Feb 24, 2007, 3:44 AM
Post #2 of 27 (1222 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kantkatchme] how to break up when you arnt finished? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm mofizuckin out...
seeya
-jmb

kantkatchme

Feb 24, 2007, 3:47 AM
Post #3 of 27 (1219 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] how to break up when you arnt finished? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lol...i spose eh.
nothin like getting straight to tha point

jgloporto

Feb 24, 2007, 4:00 AM
Post #4 of 27 (1214 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I know a guy by me who has fixed some pretty wretched god awful retarded drunk-and-don't-know-where-I-am tattoos and they actually have some before and after shots on their website. (I'll send you the link if you are interested. Scotty at Shotsies if anyone in the area is curious). I am sure your work isn't that bad but if you want it to look right, my advice is find another artist.

Oh, and I wasn't sure based on your post, but if the shading is anything other than black, it fades real fast.

Partner tattooed_climber

Feb 24, 2007, 4:29 AM
Post #5 of 27 (1202 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jgloporto] how to break up when you arnt finished? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mine buddy said he cried when he got his balls tattooed....

me, i'm still searching for an new artist

...for the last 2 years...

need ink.......

though, i think i'v made my mind on my next tat(s)....though....i gotta finish the idea for the chest......though.... i may not like it..(i'll look too 'top heavy'....)...so stomach/ribs first then chest...

ahhh fuck it.......i'll just get more ink on the legs (simpler)....or first chest, i want to cover up some scars, i wanta erase any proof that i was once a welder....

pffft, like a chick trying on clothes

jgloporto

Feb 24, 2007, 4:59 AM
Post #6 of 27 (1193 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tattooed_climber] how to break up when you arnt finished? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I know NJ is probably a bit of a haul from BC but if you find yourself down this way, check out Shotsies. http://www.shotsiestattoo.com/MotionSite.swf

People do come from all over the place to get work done there. They are a bit pricey, but Scotty could probably do the Sistine Chapel on your buddies ballsack. The portfolio they have on the web for him doesn't even come close.

hangerlessbolt

Feb 24, 2007, 5:16 AM
Post #7 of 27 (1189 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.tattoomonster.com/...lleryentryfinal.html

jgloporto

Feb 24, 2007, 5:30 AM
Post #8 of 27 (1180 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hangerlessbolt] how to break up when you arnt finished? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Okay. If we are going to play that game: Vinny Stigma of NY Hardcore Tattoos. http://www.hardcorenyc.com/nyhctattoos/home.html

One of the greatest tattoo artists and one of the greatest hardcore guitarists (former lead for Agnostic Front). Also a little pricey but well worth it if you are a fan of the only music worth listening to.

maculated

Feb 24, 2007, 6:47 AM
Post #9 of 27 (1170 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kids, this is why we don't do drugs.

Partner climbinginchico

Feb 24, 2007, 7:08 AM
Post #10 of 27 (1165 views)
Shortcut

Re: [maculated] how to break up when you arnt finished? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

maculated wrote:

Seriously. This is why I discuss exactly what is going to be done before I get a new tattoo.

Find another artist. Sit down and discuss, very clearly, what you want done. If possible, get them to sketch it on you, or have them trace your tatt, and then draw in their alterations.

Be absolutely positive about the artist's vision of your tattoo. And for your own good, make damn sure it lines up with yours.

dr_feelgood

Feb 24, 2007, 1:25 PM
Post #11 of 27 (1152 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
i'm mofizuckin out...
seeya
-jmb
Should not drink and post.

Partner wideguy

Feb 24, 2007, 1:33 PM
Post #12 of 27 (1150 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's impossible to say if it can be "Salvaged". First, we'd need to see the tat as it is now.

That said, I've seen some AMAZING cover-up stuff hide some pretty big, pretty dark stuff.

Worst case, if you're that upset, start saving your pennies and get laser on the parts you hate. A good laser center will be able to lighten only the new shading you're unhappy with and leave your base image intact for better completion later. Won't be cheap, but this is the rest of your life, right?

lagr01

Feb 24, 2007, 5:31 PM
Post #13 of 27 (1130 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tatoos????? this thread is about fucking tatoos????

(This post was edited by lagr01 on Feb 24, 2007, 5:31 PM)

kantkatchme

Feb 25, 2007, 3:40 AM
Post #14 of 27 (1072 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
i'm mofizuckin out...
seeya
-jmb

hahahaha....
maybe you should just stop drinking alone...

kantkatchme

Feb 25, 2007, 3:45 AM
Post #15 of 27 (1071 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tattooed_climber] how to break up when you arnt finished? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

phil,
am i sposed to feel better knowing that your buddy cried? you are a bit like a girl....jeez. make up your god damn mind!!!!!
Wink

what are you gettin next? or i guess you dont know yet.

yea, i think im gonna go talk to someone else on monday, and see what can be done.

i will try and get a picture up in the next day, im haveing some difficulties finding my camra...Unsure i might just ask someone else...
and yes, it is black...in my opinion very black.

dr_feelgood

Feb 25, 2007, 11:39 PM
Post #16 of 27 (1025 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
i'm mofizuckin out...
seeya
-jmb

hahahaha....
maybe you should just stop drinking alone...

Never!

Partner macherry

Feb 26, 2007, 12:29 AM
Post #17 of 27 (1015 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

maculated wrote:

heh heh a mac drive by.

obviously there was a failure to communicate..thanks cool hand luke. when you've got a good tat artist, they know you and what you want

drumcorpsguy04

Feb 26, 2007, 1:20 AM
Post #18 of 27 (1010 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:
so, as some of you may remember, i got a big tat about a month ago. http://www.rockclimbing.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

well today i went to get it finished up, and i thought i was clear that i just wanted to add more bars to the wings and more circles to the facial discs...
well, one wing (thats all i ended up getting done) is now entirley shaded in, with large amounts of very dark shading, but not really any more bars to the feathers. its just wayyyyy darker. i am not one to cry, and i lasted through the first sitting with out a tear, and today i lasted untill i saw the wing (once he had finished it) and i wouldnt say i was balling, but i def had tears running down my face. when he started to work on the face. after about 5 min i decided that i couldnt do this being so mad about the wing and sit there for another 4 hrs while he finished the rest. but at least when your mad you dont think about the needle
and i have to admit, it wasnt all that painfull, he spent 2 hrs working on my ribs before i started to cry. (thank god im not a guy and im allowd to admit that i was cryingLaugh)

...i lost my train of thought.

ok, now i know that it wont be as dark when it heals, but its not even what i asked for. i am sooooo mad/upset.
this is going to be there forever, and i think it looked better before i went to get it finished.
so, i am a 3rd of the way through a back piece, and i dont want to go back, because he (in my opinion, the only one that matters) fucked up my tattoo.

what do i do? my next appt isnt till april cause thats ths only time that our schedules match up.
for those of you out there with ink, is it possible to salvage this? im gonna go and ask my friends artist who is highly recommended by many people, if he thinks there is anything i can do.
the problem is, is that i know its impossible to make things lighter.
BAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

ill try and get a picture up soon of the new wing.

yeah it will be salvagable, it will take quite a bit of work though to get it fixed to what you want since they might have to cover some things up.

What needs to happen next time is you need to be very upfront with the artist as to what you want. A good artist should be happy to do whatever it is that you request, after all it's going to be on YOUR body for the rest of the life and not their body. You are paying them to do the work you comissioned therefore they should be happy changing things to just the way you want them. Just be more assertive about what you want next time.

kantkatchme

Feb 26, 2007, 5:03 AM
Post #19 of 27 (981 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drumcorpsguy04] how to break up when you arnt finished? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drumcorpsguy04 wrote:

yeah it will be salvagable, it will take quite a bit of work though to get it fixed to what you want since they might have to cover some things up.

What needs to happen next time is you need to be very upfront with the artist as to what you want. A good artist should be happy to do whatever it is that you request, after all it's going to be on YOUR body for the rest of the life and not their body. You are paying them to do the work you comissioned therefore they should be happy changing things to just the way you want them. Just be more assertive about what you want next time.

how do you salvage/ cover something up if it is too dark already?
im really hoping that somethong can be done about it, but ......how...i dont know..i guess thats we go to professionals for....
bah.....im so....angry? (maybe) I SAID NOT TOOO DARK...and its practically black...well .....parts of it...i dont bloody care if he thaught it would look better if it was darker....thats not what i asked for!!!!!!!
although i will admit that i dont hate it quite as much as i first did, but that might just be because i know that hating it wont make it any nicer..
maybe if he had at least done a nice job...but its not..its shit...ok..i really need to work on finding a camra so that everyone will agree that he did a shit job...

(sorry for the rant...i went out..and my friends left early..so i left early..but im still drunk..I WAS NOT DRINKING ALONE)Laugh

Partner climbinginchico

Feb 26, 2007, 8:58 AM
Post #20 of 27 (963 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:
drumcorpsguy04 wrote:

how do you salvage/ cover something up if it is too dark already?
im really hoping that somethong can be done about it, but ......how...i dont know..i guess thats we go to professionals for....
bah.....im so....angry? (maybe) I SAID NOT TOOO DARK...and its practically black...well .....parts of it...i dont bloody care if he thaught it would look better if it was darker....thats not what i asked for!!!!!!!
although i will admit that i dont hate it quite as much as i first did, but that might just be because i know that hating it wont make it any nicer..
maybe if he had at least done a nice job...but its not..its shit...ok..i really need to work on finding a camra so that everyone will agree that he did a shit job...

(sorry for the rant...i went out..and my friends left early..so i left early..but im still drunk..I WAS NOT DRINKING ALONE)Laugh

There's this little thing called white ink. It works well for lightening things up. You can even mix it to make grays...

wjca

Feb 26, 2007, 3:16 PM
Post #21 of 27 (942 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbinginchico] how to break up when you arnt finished? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Buyer's remorse for a tat? That's funny. Not for the OP, I'm sure. But funny nonetheless.

kantkatchme

Feb 26, 2007, 8:46 PM
Post #22 of 27 (881 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wjca] how to break up when you arnt finished? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

not really...i still like most of it...
just not one wing....but i went to see my buddies artist....and he said that he should beable to fix it for me....Laugh

Partner j_ung

Feb 27, 2007, 1:50 AM
Post #23 of 27 (846 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

maculated wrote:

Auuugh! Where did you come from!? SmileSmile

maculated

Feb 27, 2007, 2:08 AM
Post #24 of 27 (840 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] how to break up when you arnt finished? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The Clausti/Camhead visit made me come back.

It reminds me how good RC.com is for meeting good people. :)

Partner j_ung

Feb 27, 2007, 1:48 PM
Post #25 of 27 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

maculated wrote:
The Clausti/Camhead visit made me come back.

It reminds me how good RC.com is for meeting good people. :)

Well, it's great to see you... err... your words anyway. How'd the job hunting turn out?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook