Premier Sponsor:

kantkatchme

Feb 27, 2007, 5:13 AM
Post #1 of 16 (549 views)
Shortcut

something so tragic
Report this Post
Can't Post

so this evening i got home from a movie, to get a message from my mum that my 17yr old cusin has HIV. shes been a dancer since she was 15, a drug runner and obviusly much more, as well at being "friends" with people that i would probably cross the street to avoid (not really, but you get the idea)

and now this, i used to want somthing to happen to her so that she would get knocked out of the buble she was living in. but im not sure this is what i was thinking of. i dotn even know if it will change very much for her. i called and she was at work.

i know this is scummunity, but i thought well, mostly all my friends are studying and i just needed to get it off my chest.

i know she brought it on herself, but i dont think anyone ever diservs this. especially not her family, her mom just got got through a bought of cancer, her dad has been diagnosed with diabeties and her little brother is stuck at the intelectual level of a ...6?yr old. shes turning 18 in 13 days, lucky her.

i guess i was one of those people that knew it was out there, but was oblivious really. gotta love how life knocks you over when you arnt looking.

dr_feelgood

Feb 27, 2007, 5:49 AM
Post #2 of 16 (540 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kantkatchme] something so tragic [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:
so this evening i got home from a movie, to get a message from my mum that my 17yr old cusin has HIV. shes been a dancer since she was 15, a drug runner and obviusly much more, as well at being "friends" with people that i would probably cross the street to avoid (not really, but you get the idea)

and now this, i used to want somthing to happen to her so that she would get knocked out of the buble she was living in. but im not sure this is what i was thinking of. i dotn even know if it will change very much for her. i called and she was at work.

i know this is scummunity, but i thought well, mostly all my friends are studying and i just needed to get it off my chest.

i know she brought it on herself, but i dont think anyone ever diservs this. especially not her family, her mom just got got through a bought of cancer, her dad has been diagnosed with diabeties and her little brother is stuck at the intelectual level of a ...6?yr old. shes turning 18 in 13 days, lucky her.

i guess i was one of those people that knew it was out there, but was oblivious really. gotta love how life knocks you over when you arnt looking.

I'm terribly sorry to hear this. Can't really verbalize the grief that finding out family members being sick causes...
You and your family have my condolences for what they are worth...

overlord

Feb 27, 2007, 7:35 AM
Post #3 of 16 (529 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wow, that IS tragic. i really do hope i will never have to live through an ordeal like that.

you have my warm thoughts.

anthonycuskelly

Feb 27, 2007, 10:06 AM
Post #4 of 16 (521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Crap dude, nobody (well, almost nobody) brings crap like that on herself. Dunno what to say, it always sucks when things like that happen.

thomasribiere

Feb 27, 2007, 11:51 AM
Post #5 of 16 (513 views)
Shortcut

Re: [anthonycuskelly] something so tragic [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That's of course some bad news. BEtter news is that if treated correctly, it looks like you can have a pretty "normal" life, and even have HIV-free babies. Which is a good news.
I won't ask how she got it, but there was probably a lack of viligance. And I don't say that to accuse her of anything or increase her burden, but knowing that, it must be even worse for her : both her body and her mind will suffer of this condition.
That sucks hard. Be supportive to her.

Partner tattooed_climber

Feb 27, 2007, 2:34 PM
Post #6 of 16 (492 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thomasribiere] something so tragic [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kendra, i cant remember if i ever told you aboot my brother...sad story, my parents adopted him when he was 6weeks old and addicted to heroin...now hes 30 somthing (i dont care enough to know his actuall age)...done soo much speed and meth that hes schizophrenic, has an 18 page wrap sheet, in and out of prison/ half-way houses...always getting kicked out of good halfway houses that wanta help...diseased, and fucked in general

no sympathy....maybe it was the fact that he use to beat the living shit out of my since i was 5 or the number of guns he pulled on me and threatened to kill me....i fucking hate all people who deal drugs, do hard drugs, steal, do crime, etc...

fuck em.....my day isnt worth worrying about some asshole....and after 30 years, my parents have taken the same way of dealing with him

course, thats me and not you....i cant tell you how to deal..and don't think youre looking for advice (just venting prehaps)

granite_grrl

Feb 27, 2007, 2:39 PM
Post #7 of 16 (489 views)
Shortcut

Re: something so tragic [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My little sister lives a lifestyle that I don't agree with. Sometimes I wish that something would happen to bring to knock her out of her bubble too (though generally more finacially than anything).

Guess I should wish ill on anyone, because in the end it just hurts ones you love.

Wish her the best.

snoangel

Feb 27, 2007, 6:03 PM
Post #8 of 16 (457 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] something so tragic [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So sad. Sending good vibes to you & your family.

jgloporto

Feb 27, 2007, 8:55 PM
Post #9 of 16 (413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hate to say this, but I'd be a little concerned about her sharing her problems with others (literally, of course). I had a lot of friends that got all f&cked up along the way. The problem with drug addicts is that they tend to drag a lot of people down with them. I had a friend who found out he was HIV positive as a result of his heroin addiction. He kept right on doing what he was doing and as far as I know is still alive today probably in a dumpster somewhere. I can only guess that he has spread the disease to countless others and there were a lot of times that I'd think it would have been better if he would have od'd at 18.

People live totally normal lives with HIV these days provided they take care of themselves. But people tend to give up on people like your cousin and they in turn give up on themselves . So my advice is, don't. People like your cousin can either take this as an eyeopener and chance to straighten themselves out or they can choose go down in flames and drag lots of people with them.

My 6 year old nephew was recently diagnosed with leukemia, that's tragic.

When I was 14, one of my best friends was caught in the cross fire of corner store robbery, that was tragic.

Your cousin's condition isn't tragic, its the logical conclusion to a bad lifestyle decision. If I were you, I'd focus on getting her to straighten out.

My 2 bits.

kantkatchme

Feb 28, 2007, 12:11 AM
Post #10 of 16 (375 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tattooed_climber] something so tragic [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tattooed_climber wrote:
kendra, i cant remember if i ever told you aboot my brother...sad story, my parents adopted him when he was 6weeks old and addicted to heroin...now hes 30 somthing (i dont care enough to know his actuall age)...done soo much speed and meth that hes schizophrenic, has an 18 page wrap sheet, in and out of prison/ half-way houses...always getting kicked out of good halfway houses that wanta help...diseased, and fucked in general

no sympathy....maybe it was the fact that he use to beat the living shit out of my since i was 5 or the number of guns he pulled on me and threatened to kill me....i fucking hate all people who deal drugs, do hard drugs, steal, do crime, etc...

fuck em.....my day isnt worth worrying about some asshole....and after 30 years, my parents have taken the same way of dealing with him

course, thats me and not you....i cant tell you how to deal..and don't think youre looking for advice (just venting prehaps)

yea, really i have k no idea what im going to do. i want to support her, but at the same time i want to shake her till her teeth rattle (this is why i will never ever have childen) my personal view is that people cant be helped unless they want it. its just knowing when she is serious and really does want out, then i will do my best. assuming that she isnt gone already....

kantkatchme

Feb 28, 2007, 12:13 AM
Post #11 of 16 (374 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jgloporto] something so tragic [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jgloporto wrote:

When I was 14, one of my best friends was caught in the cross fire of corner store robbery, that was tragic.

You'r cousin's condition isn't tragic, its the logical conclusion to a bad lifestyle decision.
My 2 bits.

your right. the choices she has made landed her here. and i guess when brought on by ones self the end result isnt quite so tragic as when something beyond our control takes a life.

pinktricam

Feb 28, 2007, 1:41 AM
Post #12 of 16 (364 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:
jgloporto wrote:

You'r cousin's condition isn't tragic, its the logical conclusion to a bad lifestyle decision.
My 2 bits.

your right. the choices she has made landed her here. and i guess when brought on by ones self the end result isnt quite so tragic as when something beyond our control takes a life.

Don't let jg's comment lessen the tragic nature of your cousin's diagnosis. In 1991, my own cousin, a beautiful and noble man, died tragically as a consequence of his own poor lifestyle choices (he was a homosexual). To this day, I think of him all the time. Thankfully, as has been pointed out, your cousin may still enjoy a relatively normal life.

carabiner96

Feb 28, 2007, 2:02 AM
Post #13 of 16 (356 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pinktricam] something so tragic [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pinktricam wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:
jgloporto wrote:

My 2 bits.

Don't let jg's comment lessen the tragic nature of your cousin's diagnosis. In 1991, my own cousin, a beautiful and noble man, died tragically as a consequence of his own poor lifestyle choices (he was a homosexual). To this day, I think of him all the time. Thankfully, as has been pointed out, your cousin may still enjoy a relatively normal life.

Ok, so thread drift....wtf does being a homosexual have to do with it? It's called "unprotected sex" and it happens to both homo and hetero sexuals....yes, even you, PTC.

Sorry to hear about everyone's losses; it's a tough call being on the outside. I'm lucky, everyone in my family either dies suddenly or unexpectedly, and the only scandal is when people get knocked up.

dynosore

Feb 28, 2007, 4:33 PM
Post #14 of 16 (330 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm truly sorry to hear of this.

Have some sympathy, people! How many of us were responsible at 17?!?! I know I shouldn't have survived my teen years, but by the grace of God I did. What this girl needs is love and support, she didn't turn to drugs and sex because she feels good about herself, if it were me I'd recommend some counseling in a loving way, what a thing to have to deal with at that age.

I hope if one of us dies climbing, everyone doesn't stand around and say "they brought it on themself".

squamistress

Feb 28, 2007, 5:39 PM
Post #15 of 16 (316 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dynosore] something so tragic [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's not that hard to be responsible at 17. I had graduated high school, had my own apartment, was attending college and was working to support myself at that age. My Mom & Dad weren't paying my bills.

But I agree that this is a tragedy for your cousin and for you and your family. It's a rotten card to be dealt, regardless of whoever did the dealing...

-Anna V

dynosore

Feb 28, 2007, 7:50 PM
Post #16 of 16 (303 views)
Shortcut

Re: [squamistress] something so tragic [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not saying she bears no responsibility, but this is a tough card to be dealt, especially at such a young age. If every teen who had unprotected encounters was dealt this card, not too many of us would be around. This girl acted out in various ways, and I guarantee there was a reason.

Point is, she's a troubled girl, and she needs love and support at this point, not criticism and judgment.

I grew up in a crappy home and put myself and my wife through school, you don't need to preach personal responsibility to me...take care.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook