Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Michigan
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

chuckster

Mar 2, 2007, 12:35 PM
Post #1 of 3 (5034 views)
Shortcut

Michigan  (North_America: United_States: Michigan)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm going to be in Michigan for the summer. I'll be based out of Lewiston. Looking for a partner or someone to shoot some info my way about the rock around the area. Anything out there that isn't on rc.com? Looking for trad, sport, or bouldering... no gym. ANY help at all will be greatly appreciated!

bmapple

Mar 2, 2007, 1:41 PM
Post #2 of 3 (5021 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chuckster] Michigan [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry, but I don't think there is any rock around the area. If you're willing to drive for 4-8 hours then you have some possibilities. Grand Ledge is mediocre and I'm not sure its open anymore.
I grew up a little south of there and made many trips to the UP and down to the red (7 hour drive give or take) to get my real rock kicks. Sorry, but there's a reason why Michigan has so many indoor climbing gyms.

One place I haven't made it to in the summer is the area just north of the sault. My wife and I have been in that neck of the woods to climb ice and remember seeing lots of rock and even some bolts here and there for summer rock routes. I'm sure someone else could give you better beta. Good Luck!

chuckster

Mar 3, 2007, 12:46 AM
Post #3 of 3 (5012 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bmapple] Michigan [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thank you very much. It at least gives me an idea. I'll just see what else turns up!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook