RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

phase_nine

Mar 3, 2007, 5:11 AM
Post #1 of 2 (272 views)
Shortcut

Where should I go?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm going to be down south in the end of April. I will be in Atlanta on business, and then am going to HP40 for four days. I have 4 other days to kill down south and was hoping ya'll could throw some suggestions out about where to go. I'm down for pretty much any kind of climbing, but I wlll be alone. So, if it is an area requiring ropes, I need a place that I could find partners easily. And I'm willing to drive about 1/2 a day from the HP40 area. I don't climb super hard, and need to camp or stay in my car wherever I am. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Tristen

drunkenhighball

Mar 3, 2007, 6:00 PM
Post #2 of 2 (259 views)
Shortcut

Re: [phase_nine] Where should I go? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

if you'rre going to be in atlanta (like near downtown) then you will be really close to Boat Rock. There is no camping, but a lot of great bouldering and it is within about 20 minutes of down town (to the west).

I think sandrock is relatively close to hp40 and it has all kinds of climbing from what i hear (never been myself).

check out the southeastern climbers coalition website. you should be able to find out all you need there; access issues, directions, etc.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook