RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

jerseyclimber

Mar 10, 2007, 4:45 PM
Post #1 of 2 (705 views)
Shortcut

Womb With a View
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey all,

Planning on doing the Nose this summer and have a quick question. The word seems to be to leave the ledge in the car and the thought of lugging it up 30 pitches leaves me to think it's proboly the best idea. However, what is the general opinion of taking one (or possibly even two) of those "Womb With a Views" up? Seems like a good idea to keep some options open on some of the more cramped bivy ledges (Camp IV.) Are they worth the extra money, or should I just plan to suffer a little more? Thanks in advance!

lambone

Mar 14, 2007, 2:12 AM
Post #2 of 2 (626 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jerseyclimber] Womb With a View [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

there are varrying schools of thought on "Should I bring a ledge on the Nose?" question.

Some say go old school, become one with the stone, go light and sleep on the ledges.

Just remember a few things:
1. the ledges are slopey, bumpy and covered in piss. Will you sleep good?
2. The Nose is crowded and there is a good chance your bivi ledge may be taken. Parties join the Nose from Tripple Direct remember.
3. No portaledge + fly = no shelter = your fucked in a storm, be prepared to do many rappels or die as the Jappanese did two years ago.

Personally I'd rather tote a little extra weight (if you're hauling anyway), have the option to bivi anywhere, including above parties stuck on the ledges, have a safe shelter, and a comfy bed so I get good nights sleep.

but that's just me.

I have no idea what a womb with a view is, if it is some type of hammock, no thanks.

(This post was edited by lambone on Mar 14, 2007, 2:13 AM)

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook