RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

i.am.charlie

Mar 10, 2007, 8:41 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1033 views)
Shortcut

photoshoppies... help a brotha out
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hey guys... im looking to just put a label on my photos that says "CWI fotografia" so that noone can steal my shots when they're on the web and what not without me getting credit for them...

i have fotoshop and am learning the basics, the normal tools and such and just want to know the easiest/best way to put a see-through style label of my name on them just like everyone else does

do i need to draw it up on illustrator first or what program should i use to do that? freeware available online? and then i need to know the commands to save them on the fotos using photoshop

thanks guys to anyone who helps me out

here's some examples of my shots... let me know what you think

In reply to:

zuegma

Mar 10, 2007, 8:59 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1022 views)
Shortcut

Re: [i.am.charlie] photoshoppies... help a brotha out [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Your shots look good. the easiet way that i can think of doing it is to create a new layer for the text then type whater you want. then just lower the opacity and fill of that layer until it is where you like it. I am sure there is another way that is better but that is the first one that comes to mind

altelis

Mar 10, 2007, 9:19 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1017 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zuegma] photoshoppies... help a brotha out [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i pretty much do exactly what zuegma suggests, execpt that i save this series of actions as a script and then run the script at the end of my workup for the photo. with 2 caveats:
1) don't include the merge visible command in your script for two addtional reason
a--if you merge visible layers then you cant take the "watermark" out so make sure you have two copies saved, one marked the other not.
b---if you merge the visible layers in the script you can't move the text box to where it is most visible/useful/"aesthetic" in this particular photo
2)i don't include an opacity change of the layer in my script because the actuall numerical change is dependent on the background color, opacity, foreground, predominant colors, how full my tummy is, have i pooped yet today, etc....

i.am.charlie

Mar 11, 2007, 12:03 AM
Post #4 of 6 (978 views)
Shortcut

Re: [altelis] photoshoppies... help a brotha out [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey thanks alot guys... that is really easy to do

but i dont understand this "script" thing... saving it as a script is kinda like saving my "signature" as a file and then i can always just layer this "script" into every foto that i want to have it and each foto will have the same signature?

how do i save just that layer as a script?

sorry... new to the digital foto game and my experience with fotoshop is less than technical... just tinkering

altelis

Mar 11, 2007, 7:28 AM
Post #5 of 6 (950 views)
Shortcut

Re: [i.am.charlie] photoshoppies... help a brotha out [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

you basically save a mini program that saves every step of a multi-step process that you do exactly the same but many times over and over again either for the same or different photos. i don't have ps in front of me right now, but when i do i'll give you a play by play on how to create one (at least in cs2)

apoorva

Mar 11, 2007, 9:24 AM
Post #6 of 6 (940 views)
Shortcut

Re: [altelis] photoshoppies... help a brotha out [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Go to the Actions window (tabbed with "History"). Hit "Record", (it'll ask you to save a new name for the action, probably). THen perform your actions, like creating a new layer, adding the text for your watermark, changing the opacity of the layer, etc.. Hit Stop. They'll all be icons, like a vcr.

Then, whenever you want to use that action, you hit the "Play" button and it does it all automatically.

I'm actually trying to use Gallery2 for my website, which has an auto watermark function. Don't know how good it is yet!

Does anyone here know anything about Digimarc?

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook