RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

bizarrodrinker

Mar 23, 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #1 of 2 (212 views)
Shortcut

Rocktown in Late April, Early may
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey all, I will be down here for a friends boot camp graduation at Fort Benning for the week surrounding May 4th.

How is the climbing at Rocktown and surrounding areas at that time of year? I am not too concerned about heat so much as humidity.

Also if anyone wants to climb/show me around I would appreciate it. Hit me up if interested.

drunkenhighball

Mar 23, 2007, 2:43 PM
Post #2 of 2 (205 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bizarrodrinker] Rocktown in Late April, Early may [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Yeah, the humidity is a bitch, but it shouldn't be so bad in early may (but it is already reaching the 80s here in Atl Frown). The temps at rocktown should be better though.

Rocktown is cool becuase the Lost (aka chossed) Wall is like 2 minutes (literally) down the mountain. I don't know how the climbing is there. Never climbed there but I have a guide book for it. All trad and top rope i believe.

According to RC.com there is also another pocket of boulders around the corner from rocktown. I just discivered it on RC.com and haven't had the opportunity to check them out yet.

There is also some caving within 10 min of rocktown if you're in to that kind of thing.

I can't exactly show you around but I'm familiar with the layout of SOME of the boulders. I have soooo much to still discover up thereSmile, I've only been there a half dozen times or so.

I'm a newb. I can boulder up to v4 and will try anything without a nasty sit-start, lol (im still working on strength). Send me a PM if you want to hook-up (anyone send a PM if you wanna show a newb around WinkWink).

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook