First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

lagr01

Apr 4, 2007, 2:46 PM
Post #51 of 97 (810 views)
Shortcut

Re: [brent_e] What are you currently listening to? [Music] [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

With so many Canadian RC.commers, I'm surprised people haven't mentioned Death From Above 1979, We Are Wolves, Chromeo or Tiga. Don't you guys like them, I think they are pretty good.

(This post was edited by lagr01 on Apr 4, 2007, 2:47 PM)

carabiner96

Apr 4, 2007, 2:57 PM
Post #52 of 97 (805 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] What are you currently listening to? [Music] [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My roomie's shitty hippie music...it's seriously the same three songs over and over...Bob Marley can suck my cock, his music is lame.

maww

Apr 4, 2007, 3:12 PM
Post #53 of 97 (799 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] What are you currently listening to? [Music] [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
My roomie's shitty hippie music...it's seriously the same three songs over and over...Bob Marley can suck my cock, his music is lame.

'Biner!!! That is blasphemy darling..however I think Bob would let it pass since even he would grow tired of listening to 3 of his songs on repeat for hours on end. Bob was cool like that.

Sorry. How many more days with the hippie??

carabiner96

Apr 4, 2007, 3:14 PM
Post #54 of 97 (798 views)
Shortcut

Re: [maww] What are you currently listening to? [Music] [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

maww wrote:
carabiner96 wrote:

'Biner!!! That is blasphemy darling..however I think Bob would let it pass since even he would grow tired of listening to 3 of his songs on repeat for hours on end. Bob was cool like that.

Sorry. How many more days with the hippie??

Yeah. a Bob song now and then is ok...but the same three with a random dead song thrown in? No cool.

lets see...not that I've been counting...but 35 days, 6 hours and 45 minutes.

Partner brent_e

Apr 4, 2007, 5:15 PM
Post #55 of 97 (793 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] What are you currently listening to? [Music] [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
brent_e wrote:
go soak your head, Jay.

I don't think I've heard of them. TongueLaugh

lol

(postal service is on now)

Jay, you know where that is from, seriously???

bizarrodrinker

Apr 4, 2007, 6:23 PM
Post #56 of 97 (786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

brent_e wrote:
bizarrodrinker wrote:
All That Remains, Chimaira, Pantera, KsE, RATM, Anything with Les Claypool.

I think you and i have talked about him before.

he's a bass playing god.

i would have his babies.......

if i was a chick.......and like guys that wore helmets all the time with odd facial hair.

I think we have and yes he is. Forgot about the monkey mask too. If i was a chick I'd grab my ankles for him. If he gave me bass lessons

mowz

Apr 4, 2007, 7:17 PM
Post #57 of 97 (780 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bizarrodrinker] What are you currently listening to? [Music] [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Right now, I'm listening to the sweet tunes of my supervisor tutoring a lady on the subject of remedial math. It really is tutoring, no innuendos.

Is it lunch time yet?

Partner brent_e

Apr 4, 2007, 7:52 PM
Post #58 of 97 (772 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bizarrodrinker wrote:
brent_e wrote:
bizarrodrinker wrote:

he's a bass playing god.

if i was a chick.......and like guys that wore helmets all the time with odd facial hair.

I think we have and yes he is. Forgot about the monkey mask too. If i was a chick I'd grab my ankles for him. If he gave me bass lessons

what lesson could the man give you, though??? He is so good and has been for so long that it seems absurd. some of his stuff is easy to play, but others......
have you tried???

bizarrodrinker

Apr 4, 2007, 8:02 PM
Post #59 of 97 (768 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

brent_e wrote:
bizarrodrinker wrote:
brent_e wrote:
bizarrodrinker wrote:

he's a bass playing god.

what lesson could the man give you, though??? He is so good and has been for so long that it seems absurd. some of his stuff is easy to play, but others......
have you tried???

I can play some of his stuff, but the vast majority is FAR above and beyond my ability.

A lot of the riffs aren't that bad, but he does so many crazy fills and variations that it is impossible to mimick unless you are really good at improve.

Partner brent_e

Apr 4, 2007, 8:53 PM
Post #60 of 97 (766 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bizarrodrinker wrote:

I can play some of his stuff, but the vast majority is FAR above and beyond my ability.

A lot of the riffs aren't that bad, but he does so many crazy fills and variations that it is impossible to mimick unless you are really good at improve.

same here. you're right about the frills, though. they seem to change a lot if it's live, so it's probably all on the spot.

song that i can play...ish....

fisticuffs is pretty easy, too many puppies, mud, pressman, krinkle, air is getting slippery, coddingtown, frizzle fry.... but i've been trying to get "to defy the laws of tradition" FOREVER..... and the start is easy, but the main slapped part is too fast for me not to muddle it all up.

something to aspire to, i guess.

bizarrodrinker

Apr 4, 2007, 8:56 PM
Post #61 of 97 (760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

brent_e wrote:
bizarrodrinker wrote:

same here. you're right about the frills, though. they seem to change a lot if it's live, so it's probably all on the spot.

fisticuffs is pretty easy, too many puppies, mud, pressman, krinkle, air is getting slippery, coddingtown, frizzle fry.... but i've been trying to get "to defy the laws of tradition" FOREVER..... and the start is easy, but the main slapped part is too fast for me not to muddle it all up.

I got most of One better from Whales and Woe I just need to get part of the chorus down and Welcome to this World. Those are all I everr really tried cause when I listen to it I am just blown away.

Partner brent_e

Apr 4, 2007, 11:58 PM
Post #62 of 97 (749 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bizarrodrinker wrote:
brent_e wrote:
bizarrodrinker wrote:

I got most of One better from Whales and Woe I just need to get part of the chorus down and Welcome to this World. Those are all I everr really tried cause when I listen to it I am just blown away.

frog brigade? I don't have much of that.

welcome to this world! nice!!!

try the ones listed above! they aren't too bad.
http://members.aol.com/soundsfan/ultimate.html

that might help. and bassmasta.net

bizarrodrinker

Apr 5, 2007, 2:04 PM
Post #63 of 97 (737 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

brent_e wrote:
bizarrodrinker wrote:
brent_e wrote:
bizarrodrinker wrote:

frog brigade? I don't have much of that.

welcome to this world! nice!!!

try the ones listed above! they aren't too bad.
http://members.aol.com/soundsfan/ultimate.html

that might help. and bassmasta.net

Whales and Woe is just "Les Calypool" I don't think its the entire frog brigade. The album kicks ass though I highly recommend it. Also "Purple Onion" which is the frog brigade is awesome too.

Partner brent_e

Apr 5, 2007, 3:38 PM
Post #64 of 97 (731 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bizarrodrinker wrote:

Whales and Woe is just "Les Calypool" I don't think its the entire frog brigade. The album kicks ass though I highly recommend it. Also "Purple Onion" which is the frog brigade is awesome too.

I'll look for whales. I have heard of purple onion. Frog brigade has such a different sound then primus. I like it.

bizarrodrinker

Apr 5, 2007, 4:09 PM
Post #65 of 97 (726 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

brent_e wrote:
Frog brigade has such a different sound then primus. I like it.

Totally. I like it a lot too.

dripdry

Apr 5, 2007, 4:36 PM
Post #66 of 97 (724 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

We Want The Funk - George Clinton and the P-Funk

give it up for T.A.P.O.A.F.O.M.S. !!!!!

uhoh

Apr 6, 2007, 8:31 PM
Post #67 of 97 (717 views)
Shortcut

Re: [uhoh] What are you currently listening to? [Music] [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals - With My Own Two Hands

snoangel

Apr 6, 2007, 9:06 PM
Post #68 of 97 (713 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Check this out...they played John Denver this morning on my favorite radio station. Whoa! Crazy

uhoh

Apr 6, 2007, 9:07 PM
Post #69 of 97 (711 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoangel] What are you currently listening to? [Music] [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Who?

Edit: I am now listening to Bullet in the Head by Rage Against the Machine on http://www.musicovery.com.

I'm somewhat glad they're getting back together but I no longer feel compelled to see them live.

(This post was edited by uhoh on Apr 6, 2007, 9:10 PM)

snoangel

Apr 6, 2007, 9:13 PM
Post #70 of 97 (706 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

uhoh wrote:
Who?

Edit: I am now listening to Bullet in the Head by Rage Against the Machine on http://www.musicovery.com.

I'm somewhat glad they're getting back together but I no longer feel compelled to see them live.

No, not The Who. John Denver. You know, the guy who sang Thank God I'm a Country Boy and used to make guest appearances on the Muppet Show.

Oh, maybe you don't know and you're just too damn young...or...or...say it isn't so...I'm getting old. AARRRGH!!

Yeah, RATM is playing at Coachella Music Fest by me in a couple of weeks and I just don't have it in me to sit in the desert heat. Meh.

uhoh

Apr 6, 2007, 9:32 PM
Post #71 of 97 (702 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoangel wrote:
uhoh wrote:
Who?

No, not The Who. John Denver. You know, the guy who sang Thank God I'm a Country Boy and used to make guest appearances on the Muppet Show.

Oh, maybe you don't know and you're just too damn young...or...or...say it isn't so...I'm getting old. AARRRGH!!

Yeah, RATM is playing at Coachella Music Fest by me in a couple of weeks and I just don't have it in me to sit in the desert heat. Meh.

The what show? What the hell is a muppet? Is that something you made up in a crochety fit of alzheimer's?

Tongue

Actually, I have seen that show on reruns and I do know who John Denver is, or was. The Muppets remains one of my favorite acting/puppet/whatever troupes but John Denver is definitely not my style. Give me some Smashing Pumpkins or Sonic Youth. Some Tool or Nine Inch Nails. Or something with some good vibes like Umphrey's McGee or Bela Fleck or moe., not this new age emo/screamo/scene horse shit (not that I'm implying JD fits into one of those - I know better than that).

What the fuck happened to the classic music of a bygone era? Where are the Dead Kennedys of today, or the Sex Pistols or the Clash? Fuck the Ramones - they weren't shit. Where did those guys go and where did all this "His Infernal Majesty" or "As the Blood Runs Black" or "I'm so angsty and the only way to deal with my frustration is to cut, cut, cut" shit come from? Gawdy buckles on studded belts are not fashionable, they are not cool or attractive. So why are they becoming so popular? Why do whiney, angst ridden teenagers geta 10% discount at Hot Topic?

The Grateful Dead died before I discovered music and was old enough to ride the acid wave. Today, there are no more waves - only that sXe crap which espouses being able to have fun without drugs or alcohol. That's a flat out lie.

I'd wager that I'm younger than you and even I'm starting to feel old.

snoangel

Apr 6, 2007, 9:43 PM
Post #72 of 97 (700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude, trust me, John Denver is not my style either. He just reminds me of my youth and I thought it was really weird that my radio station (which is really progressive) played him.

And I'm on board with your anti-emo ranting. My teen angst music was The Sex Pistols and Dead Kennedys. I had a poster of Sid Vicious on my bedroom wall. Yeah!!

Edited: because I can't spell

(This post was edited by snoangel on Apr 6, 2007, 11:53 PM)

lagr01

Apr 6, 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #73 of 97 (692 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

BTW, you can listen to the whole new Reznor's CD at NIN's website.

bizarrodrinker

Apr 8, 2007, 2:53 AM
Post #74 of 97 (677 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

snoangel wrote:
Dude, trust me, John Denver is not my style either. He just reminds me of my youth and I thought it was really weird that my radio station (which is really progressive) played him.

And I'm on board with your anti-emo ranting. My teen angst music was The Sex Pistols and Dead Kennedys. I had a poster of Sid Vicious on my bedroom wall. Yeah!!

Edited: because I can't spell

Those are rad bands though. Did you ever read "Rotten: No blacks, No dogs, No Irish."

Pretty crazy book by JR. I haven't read that since the 8th grade. Fuggin a that was a long time ago.

Partner tattooed_climber

Apr 8, 2007, 7:48 PM
Post #75 of 97 (668 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

listening to bon jovi right now...

did aboot 15 hours of driving in search for ice....got 2 ice routes in....a mixed, and about 3 cracks...

listened to ALOT of the Hip....

i pulled out some power metal along the way (dream evil, metal church, iced earth, etc)....

also about 4 hours of motorhead straight

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook