Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Tattoo Wall & best way to approach??
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

jedasmith

Apr 23, 2007, 2:49 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1825 views)
Shortcut

Tattoo Wall & best way to approach??  (North_America: United_States: West_Virginia)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello,

I am heading to NRG soon, and from what I understand, there are at least two ways to get to Tattoo Wall. Could some kind soul(s) please let me know what is the preferred/easiest way to hike in?
Thanks,
Jen

johnathon78

Apr 23, 2007, 3:19 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1813 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jedasmith] Tattoo Wall & best way to approach?? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The best possible way would be to get lowered in via a helicopter....or ride upon the back of a mountain goat. But, if those arent an option, I always go this way:

Park at second Bubba City pullout ( the one with all the pipes-n-shit), walk approx. 1 mile to a trail head on left going slightly uphill passing a few piles of trash that include a toilet and a car seat with a cow print cover ( no joke...thats for real!). Cross over fallen tree and wide clearing picking trail backup at other side of clearing. Follow trail through woods going down hill, across a dired up creek bed until you see big rocks. At which point you will go towards those big rocks! Warning : very downhill on the approach, VERY uphill on the way out!

jman

Apr 23, 2007, 3:29 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1801 views)
Shortcut

Re: [johnathon78] Tattoo Wall & best way to approach?? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree with johnathon78's reply. You may want to pick up the Horst guide to Bubba City that has good trail maps, if you do not already have.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook