RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

aclimbinfool

Apr 25, 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #1 of 9 (831 views)
Shortcut

the rock stole my red cam...
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

dam Julia was a great climb but she took my red cam. if you know where julia is then the cam is yours. here is a hint she's in NC .
On another note any cool climbers looking for a place to live on month to month basis. I have a room available in Charlottesville 2hrs from seneca, 3hrs from NRG.$500 covers everything and $550 gets you another room. 25mins north of the concrete jungle, on a 100 acre farm. this is a great place for climbers. (I will be building a cave in a few months...thats a plus.)

jakedatc

Apr 25, 2007, 11:40 PM
Post #2 of 9 (828 views)
Shortcut

Re: [aclimbinfool] the rock stole my red cam... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude.. stop spamming your apt listing all over the site.. one post was quite enough thanks

aclimbinfool

Apr 27, 2007, 11:59 PM
Post #3 of 9 (789 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] the rock stole my red cam... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

well i guess i can do what ever i want...right?....what works for you works for you. just trying to fill a vacacy. no worries though .....u have the choice of reading or not reading what u want...later bro

jakedatc

Apr 28, 2007, 4:13 AM
Post #4 of 9 (781 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Actually.. you broke 2 TOS rules

1. Advertising is forbidden in all forums except where noted. An ad is defined as “a service or product being offered for trade or sale”

2. Do not cross post to multiple forums. Upon cross posting all duplicates including the original post may be removed.

(This post was edited by jakedatc on Apr 28, 2007, 4:14 AM)

jaboyd510

May 1, 2007, 1:16 PM
Post #5 of 9 (725 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Is that a red BD or a red metolious? If you left it recently (this weekend?) then maybe you could have heeded the "area closed" signs and not lost your precious. I'll clean it up for you soon though.

Edit to add: Just noticed the timing of your post. Perhaps you were up there before it was closed. I;ll still help you out and clean dear Julia up. Cheers!

(This post was edited by jaboyd510 on May 1, 2007, 1:19 PM)

aclimbinfool

May 2, 2007, 9:37 PM
Post #6 of 9 (704 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jaboyd510] the rock stole my red cam... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

red bd. it was not closed when we were up there. but it's been a couple of weeks.i didnt think the falcons were that far up the rock. there was a sign posted telling of climbs south of constuctionjob being off limits but not the main areas. good luck on getting my cam out. i actually wasn't the one who got it stuck it was my partner ( he's more of the passive type) . one of the trigger wires is almost cut. maybe a couple of nut tools might help??? let me know if you get it.

jaboyd510

May 3, 2007, 1:04 PM
Post #7 of 9 (695 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was actually refering to the Fire up there...The whole area WAS closed although they seem to have modified the closure. And you are right, Juila is NOT in the Falcon closure area. Killer route eh?

aclimbinfool

May 3, 2007, 3:54 PM
Post #8 of 9 (691 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jaboyd510] the rock stole my red cam... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hell yea its a cool route!!!! so was straight and narrow!!!!!!! is it just me or are the grades their featherbagged a little. i think NC over all is right on with the old school ratings. just like seneca and the gunks. but me and my partner both thought the grades were soft. not to down grade anothers take on something like a hard ass rockclimb being done for the first time...
a lot of stuff is growing back from the fire, but i think the main concern is future fires due to all the dead trees from all the hurricanes a couple years back. me and my buddy were there for four days over the some of the worst winds I had ever experienced. it was scarier then anything else i've experienced in a while. almost had several trees fall on our tents and us o n the hike up and around the cliff...again good luck with the red bd

(This post was edited by aclimbinfool on May 3, 2007, 8:52 PM)

jaboyd510

May 4, 2007, 12:55 PM
Post #9 of 9 (676 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't know about feather bagged. I have never heard them described that way. I guess it depends on where you are coming from. Check out some more routes in the area (Tilted World?) and that will give you a better idea of the grades. Cheers.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook