Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

bodytag

May 3, 2007, 2:32 PM
Post #26 of 36 (2381 views)
Shortcut

Re: [socalbolter] Cinco de Homestead 2007 ? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

RIDES?? Need one? Don't let the 4x4 keep you away from Cinco. If anyone needs for us to shuttle you in there is a 2x2 camp spot through the first gate abit and some more parking outside the first gate, get there and we can get you in. So, shot me a PM or reply here and we can set-up a time. I would be willing to make an early Sat. run as well.

socalbolter

May 3, 2007, 10:24 PM
Post #27 of 36 (2375 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bodytag] Cinco de Homestead 2007 ? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There is no reason not to come check the place out if you are at all close. The latest forecast shows cooler temps and the climbing is great.

I also can run people in if need be.

Come join us - you won't regret it.

bodytag

May 4, 2007, 3:23 PM
Post #28 of 36 (2362 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Badumpbump Tss...

Wink

outsi

May 4, 2007, 8:02 PM
Post #29 of 36 (2355 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

edit for work sucking balls, cant go now :(

(This post was edited by outsi on May 4, 2007, 8:17 PM)

bodytag

May 7, 2007, 3:49 PM
Post #30 of 36 (2321 views)
Shortcut

Re: [outsi] Cinco de Homestead 2007 ? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Best Cinco ever! Pic's soon.

socalbolter

May 7, 2007, 10:38 PM
Post #31 of 36 (2308 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

OK Ron, I'll get the photos up soon.

How about you write the trip report?

Thanks for the good times. And thanks to Sally for the 1800.

bodytag

May 10, 2007, 6:25 PM
Post #32 of 36 (2271 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Alright Socal..I'm pretty lame at writing but here ya go!!

Ok, Cinco was a blast! That pretty much sum’s up the whole weekend. Roadstead came down before folks got out there and graciously set up some real nice new routes on Mouse Wall. You’ve got to love showing up to FA’s. Socalbolter and his crew of Matt showed up for the kill. Covington and the world famous JBone were in attendance as well as Sonso45, Melinda, Sally, Joe, myself and the “Verm”. Actually, a bunch of folks from Phoenix showed up as well on Sunday and gave Bonetown a good once over. I heard they were a crew from Climbmax but didn’t know any of them.

Saturday greeted us with great weather, good enough to go straight to Marley Wall which, at this time of year should have been hotter than a micro-wave dish. Socal and Matt had some business up there and convinced us mortals to try the Cali12 warm-up routine…It’s like if you can climb some 9’s, 10,’s, 11’s, and flail on 12’s…flip it…start on 12’s then go to 11’s…and pretty much stay there for the day. It was a severe beating, but we were actually so stoked to be at Marley in the sun and not melting that we didn’t even notice the fact we couldn’t make fists to shake at them…Looking back I’d have it no other way. Beatings make you strong like bull.

After Marley we hit Tufa City for more action. Everyone got their fill on Ground Effects and Fred’s Route. Sonso45 took a nice unexpected fall at the anchors that had us all cheering him on….gettin a little cocky there Sonso….funny how login airtime will sharpen your focus. But hey, the tunes were flowing the breeze was blowing…we were stoked.

We closed out the day with a trip down Mouse Wall and Slate. Socal had already gotten one of the FA’s on Speedy Gonzales and we left the next one to Sally. Speedy was initially given a rating of 10b…after all of us got it handed to us we decided it to be around 10b-11d….so that became a the joke all weekend...”Hey Socal, what’s that rated….ahhI’d say about 10bish…” ..kind of like the saying “it’s all v4”. Silly strong Cali climbers….10b..sheesh…Sonso ended up grabbing hold for the silver ascent and Roadstead worked his readpoint attempt. I just got worked all over after the Cali12 warm-up.

Slow Poke put Sally to the test. After taking flight with a chunk of churt in her hand and digging deep for the finish she had the rope at the top. That was to date one of her hardest leads. We are calling it 11a all the way. Who actually got the first on that anyhow? I couldn’t get off the ground by this time. I was getting excited about the gargantuan bottle 1800 Sally brought waiting for us back at camp.

Sonso and Melinda spent the rest of the afternoon hangin at the Terrace and we all soon were back at camp feeling worked. Saturday night brought the arrival of Jbone, Covington and the “Verm”. Trouble soon followed..just kidding. OH and we can’t forget Flash, Gastone, and Rubix our canine climbers who were glad to be out in the nature.

Deadbolt rocked the campfire and soon after folks got some grub in them. Then the beers and Margarita’s started flowing. Not to wild…talk of Tamo and where the hell Garrette and Dave were at filled the air…bastigiz...hangin at Priest Draw instead if Cinco…whatever. Sally snook off to bed first, then JBone was head-down in his chair…then Sonso..head-down….it was a nice night. We did actually finish the bottle of Teq., that is, after Socal with a marg in one hand and an arrogant bastard in the other made us all do shots. Roadstead and I ended up closing the place down after midnight. Everyone was asleep within minuets and snoring.

Sunday morning came early as Socal and Matt wanted to get back to Marley Wall so Matt could send Ganja. We all got a good laugh at the dogs trying to eat the cows then packed up for Mouse Wall. I still was crippled from Saturdays feast of steep so didn’t really get on anything serious. We all tried Speedy again and Slow Poke as well the other Mouse classics. Funny, the wall is only 4 months old and it feels like the routes have always been there. Jbone, Covington and Da’Verm headed up top for the hard routes with Socal and Matt. We flailed around for abit then hit the Slate. After folks took a handful of burns we all packed it up and headed to the car…ahh I mean the beer.

We spent the rest of the afternoon packin, chillin, lookin at pictures of Shermans new hottie and his enormous Tamo guide book. For those that think it might not be a good deal ( (the whole trade deal) (I probably shouldn’t be stirring the pot..but)) you should really go check the place out and see all the potential…BUT I DIRGESS…. The weekend felt like it was March up to late in the day Sunday when the breeze stopped and the nats went to town. The road is still gnarly, my jackhammer comment was fully validated. Everyone had big smiles and sore arms. We left Roadstead and the Verm to close Cinco down as we pulled out before sundown. We all got some good booty thanks to Socal. Nice new Homestead and Riverside Quarry guides. I stole Covington’s Climbmax tee off his back and the dogs got their fill of Cholla thorns. Again, Cinco was a blast!

socalbolter

May 10, 2007, 8:28 PM
Post #33 of 36 (2257 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Very nice. Thanks for writing that up Ron.

For all of you that didn't make it out - you missed out on a good time.

I didn't know any of these guys before Cinco and yet we all clicked instantly and had a great time together.

Good routes, good people, mild weather, warm campfires and a little firewater. What more could you ask for.

Special thanks to Dave (Roadstead) for bolting some new routes for us all to enjoy and to Sally for the big bottle of 1800 that she left behind for the boys when she went to bed.

Can't wait for next year's Cinco.

CMAX1

May 12, 2007, 9:41 PM
Post #34 of 36 (2217 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It is refreshing to read about positive AZ vibes. Socalbolter is discovering what many of us have known for years. Off the beaten path lies an abundance of good vibes and even better climbs.

roadstead

May 14, 2007, 3:28 PM
Post #35 of 36 (2200 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

12 days, 4 climbing areas and 3200 miles. I have got to say this might have been the best unplaned road trip I have ever done!! Makeing new friends and seeing old (new) friends was worth every gal. of gas it took. Thanks all!!

CMAX1

May 16, 2007, 2:44 PM
Post #36 of 36 (2184 views)
Shortcut

Re: [roadstead] Cinco de Homestead 2007 ? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dave, was a pleasure meeting you. Glad to here you made it home OK. Next time out (probably next season) I'll try your routes. Cheers!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook