RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

crazyfingers

Sep 26, 2002, 12:16 AM
Post #1 of 6 (3142 views)
Shortcut

Mission Cliffs Membership
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My wife and I are considering joining Mission Cliffs and I wanted to get some feed back before spending the $$$. I've climbed there about 5 times and had a blast. How often do they switch up the routes? How are the people (customers/staff)? Any discounts for multiple memberships in the same family?

Thanks for any info.

dsafanda

Sep 26, 2002, 12:51 AM
Post #2 of 6 (3142 views)
Shortcut

Mission Cliffs Membership [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

MissionCliffs is one of the better gyms in the entire country. It does get crowded and is a bit of a scene. It all depends on how much you think you'll go. Just do the math.

A membership at MC lets you climb at all of the Touchstone gymns(IronWorks, Class5, PipeWorks and Touchstone Concord). It's a nice perk. I've heard rumors of a second Touchstone gym on the way in SF. Who knows.

Yes you can get a discount for a married couple but you should ask MC rather than us about that.

[ This Message was edited by: dsafanda on 2002-09-25 17:57 ]

likethegoddess

Oct 1, 2002, 12:34 AM
Post #3 of 6 (3142 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

They change some part of the gym every monday. I only boulder there, so I can only say that bouldering gets a complete change about every month. They stagger the change into two sections a couple weeks apart, so there's always some newer problems and some more familiar. The staff has been really friendly and helpful and so are most of the peeps that climb there.

Partner tim

Oct 1, 2002, 1:59 AM
Post #4 of 6 (3142 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dawn patrol -- if you really want to climb, go there in the mornings before work (they open at something like 5am). Routes change every other week, at least when I lived nearby.

Best gym I've ever used, period. I heard it got more expensive, but, who cares. The only thing they don't have is a swimming pool.

Compare the staff to something like Sportrock here in DC and you'll lose your lunch. Not in the same league, hell, not even the same sport. The Touchstone gyms (MC, Class 5, Ironworks, and I hear Sac Pipeworks now) are all terrific places to train.

MC was a meat market at night, though. Pure social hour. Dunno if it's still so bad. I hear there are still pesky yuppies in SF. Maybe a big ass-ripping earthquake will come through and shake out the lightweights, and I can swoop in and buy some property...

crazyfingers

Oct 8, 2002, 10:52 PM
Post #5 of 6 (3142 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yep, still a lot of yuppies... Thanks for the info. We are going to join and really like the gym. Haven't made it to their other sites but the variety of routes and consistant good vibe sold us on MC.

KT

oneworldsf

Jun 11, 2013, 11:29 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1929 views)
Shortcut

Re: [crazyfingers] Mission Cliffs Membership [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Best gym in town, in my opinion. Here's a cool artsy video about Mission Cliffs that was just taken in 2012. http://www.oneworldsf.com/...id=209&album=149. Click the second video from the left.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook