RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

climbingpride

Sep 26, 2002, 12:26 AM
Post #1 of 11 (1407 views)
Shortcut

CLIMBING pains
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

OK, leaving out when you deck, what pains to you get. I've heard alot about tendon problems because of climbing and things like that for the feet too. Well just recently i have noticed a strange thing with my wrists. THEY POP OUT!! It does not realy hurt, I just pop of and once the weight is off of them it pops back in. It happens everynow and then when i have to pull hard at some odd angle of the hold. It has not happened on any jugs just edges when my hands are out and a little above my head. I realy dont mind this other then that i pop off every time it pops out.
Note: It has only happed like 4 or 5 times.

What problems do you have?
How can I and others prevent that?

Pride

quickclips

Sep 26, 2002, 12:46 AM
Post #2 of 11 (1407 views)
Shortcut

CLIMBING pains [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have the same wrist popping problem, but its only when I haven't climbed in awhile, and pull on a hold funny. But once it happens, it soar for a while. Ever since I've been using my hang board, it has decreased.
Chris

waxman

Sep 26, 2002, 1:11 AM
Post #3 of 11 (1407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I can't say that I've ever had that problem. My problem used to be that I would constantly scrape my knees open on the rock. One time I did it bad enough that when my partner ascended the route, he knew exactly where to go because my blood was sort of a guide for him.

Keep on rockin' in a free world!
Craig

climbingpride

Sep 26, 2002, 1:17 AM
Post #4 of 11 (1407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

LOL

I hit my knees all the time too Waxman. Just mabey not to that extent.

Thanks, any more?

Pride

superbum

Sep 26, 2002, 2:32 AM
Post #5 of 11 (1407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The inside of my right ankle always gets beat up. Once I rap. down to the bottom of a route it is always freshly bloody. After a hard coupla days of climbing it turns into a big bruise. The funny thing is, I don't feel a thing untill I am on the ground again. Because I don't know how specifically I get the scrapes and bruises, I can't effectively fix my problem. I have tried to use my outside edges on my shoes and it seems to help. OH, I don't have the problem when I climb cracks. It's all about technique and, for me, footwork. Thanks for joining my pity party!

mountainhardon

Sep 26, 2002, 2:49 AM
Post #6 of 11 (1407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

once I got my nads caught under the harness right before a twenty footer. Wear briefs!!!

ronniefrown

Sep 26, 2002, 3:11 AM
Post #7 of 11 (1407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The reason your wrists are popping is probably that either your major muscles have gotten stronger and your stabilizers haven't (can happen when you weight train too much and don't climb enough), or you aren't eating enough vegetables.

a hangboard is definitely helpful for the first cause. if you concentrate on keeping your wrists from popping when you use the different holds, it should strengthen the stabilizers and decrease the popping.

as for the other cause, well maybe a mom can help. green leafy vegetables (and onions, but they make you fart) will lubricate your joints and keep the tendons from popping back and forth.

ronnie

mtnsprts

Sep 26, 2002, 4:20 AM
Post #8 of 11 (1407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

After I climb for a long time, my shoulder seems to hurt right at the joint. I think it's because I get lazy and just hang sometimes........

mtnsprts

Sep 26, 2002, 4:22 AM
Post #9 of 11 (1407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

After I climb for a long time, my shoulder seems to hurt right at the joint. I think it's because I get lazy and just hang sometimes........

smooth-up
Deleted

Sep 26, 2002, 5:15 AM
Post #10 of 11 (1407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My left elbow hurts just behind the joint and to the inside a bit , after and during climb time . I've thought about taking a break till it heals and research what supplements may help the joints , and tendons . Also seen some tips here on stretching .

climbingpride

Oct 2, 2002, 2:36 AM
Post #11 of 11 (1407 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the input and info all.

BTW i think its the Vegy thing for me. hehe , no ceriously. After these last two weekends of climbing outside i have not had "my" problem but i think due to the more training i've beenable to do indoors.

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook