RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

zakadamsgt

Jun 20, 2007, 1:48 PM
Post #1 of 2 (711 views)
Shortcut

Finger injury-->sidelined
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

FrownOk, last night at the gym, I was pulling and I felt a strain in my left ring finger and the pain shot up my forearm. It hurt pretty bad, I sat down to see if it would go away, and messed around with some easy stuff, but I couldnt hardly pull on anything so I left. This morning, it's not swollen, but mobility definetly hurts. I cannot close my finger completely.
Question - does this sound like a strain? certainly not a popped tendon (i dont think).
What is your experience with hurt fingers? 2 weeks off? 1 month? How should I take care of it? I hate to be sidelined, but at least it's hot as hell in ATL, so this is the best time of the year to chill out.
Whenever I come back, should i climb super easy? For how long?
Many thanks

ZakFrown

monkeychild

Jun 20, 2007, 7:27 PM
Post #2 of 2 (684 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zakadamsgt] Finger injury-->sidelined [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

That same thing happened to me 2 days ago in the gym on a route I setFrown. It sounds to me like a strain or a partial tear to the tendon, but you should definitly see a doctor. I would ice it for the first 2 days, and then do heat to get blood to the injury..
depending on the severity of the injury, it could be a month or two before you're climbing hard againFrownFrown

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook