Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

daydreamer

Jul 9, 2007, 11:25 PM
Post #1 of 53 (2778 views)
Shortcut

ClimbOmatic new ownership >>>
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Can't wait to see the changes!

taken from the site...

Hello Customers & Climbers,
I'd like to introduce myself today July 9th, 2007. I'm ClimbOmatic's new owner. My name is Bruce Thorne from Laredo, Texas. I recently purchased ClimbOmatic. I just wanted to let everyone out there know some very big changes are on the way. If you have a pending order, we guarantee it's being shipped out in the order it came. We'll work over-time for the next weeks until all orders have been shipped out. Then, we plan to start over from scratch. The website will be edited and improvments will be made.
ClimbOmatic is a really great invention for web users. But I don't think the inventors knew how popular it would become. A large inventory must be on hand and in stock ready to ship at all times. Orders must be shipped promptly and in a very speedy fashion. And there must be a Customer Support center dedicated to vaulable customers. So in the next month it's my goal to make these critical changes. It will take time for the inventory to build back up. And a few weeks for me to resolve all past due transactions. But in the end I will create a team of workers that will turn ClimbOmatic into a respectable company that climbers truly deserve.

anykineclimb

Jul 9, 2007, 11:30 PM
Post #2 of 53 (2771 views)
Shortcut

Re: [daydreamer] ClimbOmatic new ownership >>> [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Talk is cheap. We'll see if he can produce something.

moose_droppings

Jul 9, 2007, 11:43 PM
Post #3 of 53 (2761 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

daydreamer wrote:
Can't wait to see the changes!

taken from the site...

I'd like to introduce myself today July 9th, 2007. I'm ClimbOmatic's new owner. My name is Bruce Thorne from Laredo, Texas. I recently purchased ClimbOmatic. I just wanted to let everyone out there know some very big changes are on the way. If you have a pending order, we guarantee it's being shipped out in the order it came. We'll work over-time for the next weeks until all orders have been shipped out. Then, we plan to start over from scratch. The website will be edited and improvments will be made.
ClimbOmatic is a really great invention for web users. But I don't think the inventors knew how popular it would become. A large inventory must be on hand and in stock ready to ship at all times. Orders must be shipped promptly and in a very speedy fashion. And there must be a Customer Support center dedicated to vaulable customers. So in the next month it's my goal to make these critical changes. It will take time for the inventory to build back up. And a few weeks for me to resolve all past due transactions. But in the end I will create a team of workers that will turn ClimbOmatic into a respectable company that climbers truly deserve.

You've got a hard row to hoe ahead of you, but kuddos if ya can.

vtrescuekid

Jul 10, 2007, 12:31 PM
Post #4 of 53 (2689 views)
Shortcut

Re: [moose_droppings] ClimbOmatic new ownership >>> [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm down with new ownership. Maybe now I'll actually get my Mystery Gear from May 1st??

truello

Jul 10, 2007, 1:23 PM
Post #5 of 53 (2662 views)
Shortcut

Re: [vtrescuekid] ClimbOmatic new ownership >>> [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

When I read it this morning, I was skeptical that it was Shawn trying to say it was under new ownership again (didn't he do that once before), just to scam more people.

However I will definitely be paying attention because it'd be a good site if it was done correctly.

primus

Jul 10, 2007, 2:14 PM
Post #6 of 53 (2622 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

daydreamer wrote:
taken from the site...

I am also a bit skeptical given some of the horror stories with ClimbO, but I will be watching the site and checking here for feedback from those bold enough to give them another go.

A piece of friendly advice for the new ownership of ClimbOmatic: Use a spell-checker. It may seem trivial to some, but to me, having misspelled words on your website displays a slight lack of professionalism--or at least, a lack of attention to detail, which is important when you don't have any other means of enticing prospective customers to buy from you. Sure, typos happen--you see it on even the most reputable internet storefronts--but as it stands right now, I don’t think many people view ClimbOmatic as a very reputable website (hopefully that will change), and seeing typos only serves to remind us of Shawn’s rudeness, abhorred business practices, and complete lack of professionalism and couth. I sincerely hope you can change this and I have no doubt that if you do, you will be very successful in your endeavor. Best of luck!

primus

Jul 10, 2007, 2:15 PM
Post #7 of 53 (2620 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

...and one more thing: get rid of "Spotter" and his "Yo Dog..." comments--I hate that guy. Tongue

reg

Jul 10, 2007, 4:04 PM
Post #8 of 53 (2555 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

daydreamer wrote:

....Orders must be shipped promptly and in a very speedy fashion.

daydreamer wrote:

....And there must be a Customer Support center dedicated to vaulable customers.

daydreamer wrote:

.... will turn ClimbOmatic into a respectable company that climbers truly deserve.

don't have an issue with COM but found these courious and ah bit :)
- "shipped promptly and speedy"?
- aren't all customers valuable?
- we all deserve respectable companys

carabiner96

Jul 10, 2007, 4:16 PM
Post #9 of 53 (2539 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reg] ClimbOmatic new ownership >>> [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

reg wrote:
daydreamer wrote:

....Orders must be shipped promptly and in a very
[b].... will turn ClimbOmatic into a respectable company that climbers truly deserve.[/b][/quote]

don't have an issue with COM but found these courious and ah bit :)
- "shipped promptly and speedy"?
- aren't all customers valuable?
- we all deserve respectable companys[/quote]

Now you're just being nit-picky. Give it a while.

buddha_monkee

Jul 10, 2007, 5:06 PM
Post #10 of 53 (2512 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think (read: hope) that this is a good thing. It sounds like he has some appropriate priorities for running an internet biz.

I also hope he finds a more talented highschool student to design the webpage. Wink

whoa

Jul 10, 2007, 5:21 PM
Post #11 of 53 (2502 views)
Shortcut

Re: [buddha_monkee] ClimbOmatic new ownership >>> [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Personally it will take a lot more than the declaration on the ClimbOMatic site that there have been changes, even in ownership, to get me to try it again. That site has claimed changes before. Read the experiences reported in this forum before you get sucked into ordering something there---if you really want to get your stuff.

On the other hand, given how small a world the climbing community is, there must be several TX climbers who use these forums and who can vouch for Bruce Thorne of Laredo.

Right?

docjacen

Jul 11, 2007, 1:13 AM
Post #12 of 53 (2442 views)
Shortcut

Re: [whoa] ClimbOmatic new ownership >>> [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whoa wrote:
On the other hand, given how small a world the climbing community is, there must be several TX climbers who use these forums and who can vouch for Bruce Thorne of Laredo.

Right?

right....

shawn never did handle English very well, he either had a friend write this or had someone proofread his screwed up grammar. who the fcuk would want to buy a screwed-up, failed business and not even try to re-brand it?

truello

Jul 11, 2007, 2:39 AM
Post #13 of 53 (2403 views)
Shortcut

Re: [docjacen] ClimbOmatic new ownership >>> [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well seeing how many people still religiously look at the website every day even though they refuse to buy anything (myself included), I personally think it was a great purchase. In the right hands, it can be very profitable due to the user base it already has. The only hard part will be regaining the trust.

medicus

Jul 13, 2007, 7:14 AM
Post #14 of 53 (2309 views)
Shortcut

Re: [truello] ClimbOmatic new ownership >>> [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

truello wrote:
Well seeing how many people still religiously look at the website every day even though they refuse to buy anything (myself included), I personally think it was a great purchase. In the right hands, it can be very profitable due to the user base it already has. The only hard part will be regaining the trust.

It will take many good reviews before I will ever buy from the site again. There are many other companies that have screwed me over that I will buy from again before I'll buy from climbo.

vtrescuekid

Jul 13, 2007, 12:19 PM
Post #15 of 53 (2290 views)
Shortcut

Re: [medicus] ClimbOmatic new ownership >>> [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I finally got my Mystery Gear from May 1st. Not sure if it was Shawn finally sending it out after 2 months or maybe this new ownership is the real deal? Either way, now that I've gotten 12 out of 12 things ordered (Some 2 months late) I think I'd probably gamble again with COM as long as it wasn't something I needed in a timely fashion.

aja175

Jul 13, 2007, 5:51 PM
Post #16 of 53 (2226 views)
Shortcut

Re: [medicus] ClimbOmatic new ownership >>> [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

We've heard this from him before. He said he sold it a few months ago, and some new guy was taking care of it. He called the guy pusher or something.

Until some brave souls order from him and get their order quickly, forget it.
Actually, forget it entirely. I'm holding out for someone else to put up a climbing deal a day site and carries better manufacturers gear..

beesknees

Jul 13, 2007, 6:20 PM
Post #17 of 53 (2199 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just got in touch with the new ownership. they ignored my first email, and failed to send my gear out in 3.5 weeks. so i asked for a response, which if i did not get, i would contact internet fraud division in TX.

i received an insulting, immature, and poorly written email a few days later, saying that my "threats mean nothing to us!". and some bullsh_t about how they would have to cancel my shipment with UPS etc.etc. (although note that i never got a tracking number, nor did the gear show up...). maybe my money will come back to me, maybe it won't. doesn't seem like the company is worth two sh_ts regardless of who's running it right now.

(This post was edited by beesknees on Jul 13, 2007, 6:21 PM)

medicus

Jul 13, 2007, 6:30 PM
Post #18 of 53 (2186 views)
Shortcut

Re: [beesknees] ClimbOmatic new ownership >>> [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

beesknees wrote:
I just got in touch with the new ownership. they ignored my first email, and failed to send my gear out in 3.5 weeks. so i asked for a response, which if i did not get, i would contact internet fraud division in TX.

i received an insulting, immature, and poorly written email a few days later, saying that my "threats mean nothing to us!". and some bullsh_t about how they would have to cancel my shipment with UPS etc.etc. (although note that i never got a tracking number, nor did the gear show up...). maybe my money will come back to me, maybe it won't. doesn't seem like the company is worth two sh_ts regardless of who's running it right now.

This allegedly is an even newer ownership, but I do agree with you in that I don't think the company is worth anything yet. It might be, but others are going to have to risk it with them, because I will not.

docjacen

Jul 13, 2007, 7:34 PM
Post #19 of 53 (2155 views)
Shortcut

Re: [truello] ClimbOmatic new ownership >>> [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

truello wrote:

while what you say is true, I personally think the $$ could have been better spent on a new site and advertising.

phlyfisher

Jul 13, 2007, 8:17 PM
Post #20 of 53 (2137 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well if you need an alternative to COM. Go to http://www.outdoordaily.com. We try to accommodate all the outdoors but feature climbing stuff all the time. If you let us know what stuff you are looking for we can make our best attempt to find a great deal and list it for a day.
As a matter of fact this weekend will be all climbing gear.

docjacen

Jul 13, 2007, 8:56 PM
Post #21 of 53 (2118 views)
Shortcut

Re: [phlyfisher] ClimbOmatic new ownership >>> [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

While i have occasionally seen climbing equip up on your site, it is usually off-brand items at not much of a deal. The rest of the things I've seen are usually cheapo chinese gadgets and crap experienced outdoors enthusiats wouldn't think twice about buying.

Nothing personal, I know you have your niche in the market, but there is a need for a reliable company doing deals on name-brand climbing gear 100% of the time.

phlyfisher

Jul 13, 2007, 9:08 PM
Post #22 of 53 (2112 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Funny cause I sell the same stuff as COM. The rest is all name brand stuff. I'm sorry if you haven't heard of it but they are all quality products. We sell Black Diamond, Singing Rock, ABC, Omega Pacific, Maxim, and New England Ropes just to name a few. You should try them and you might be surprised on why you are spending twice as much for the same quality.

docjacen

Jul 13, 2007, 9:18 PM
Post #23 of 53 (2104 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

phlyfisher wrote:
Funny cause I sell the same stuff as COM. The rest is all name brand stuff. I'm sorry if you haven't heard of it but they are all quality products. We sell Black Diamond, Singing Rock, ABC, Omega Pacific, Maxim, and New England Ropes just to name a few. You should try them and you might be surprised on why you are spending twice as much for the same quality.

Never have seen the BD climbing gear, I must have missed it- or are you talking about headlamps?

I have a Singing Rock harness. Most of my draws are OP. I have some stoppers and a rope bag by ABC.

Problem is, I also have DMM biners and cams, Wild Country biners and cams, and BD harnesses, cams, biners, ATCs. DMM especially puts every cheaper brand to shame.

I have gear by around 25 different brands and have tried/owned the brands you have mentioned. I think I know what gear is best for me. Thanks.

Oh and BTW, I never said COM only sold brand-name, quality gear at reasonable price. Cuz they didn't.

Edited to put in that last line.

(This post was edited by docjacen on Jul 13, 2007, 9:22 PM)

mtnbob

Jul 13, 2007, 10:00 PM
Post #24 of 53 (2088 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

nothing personal, but i've been to your site tons of times and the stuff on your site appeals to wal-mart campers, and not to hard-core climbers or backpackers. i've never seen anything that was high quality or ultralight. i'm sure there are plenty of people looking for your type of stuff though.Pirate

phlyfisher

Jul 13, 2007, 10:22 PM
Post #25 of 53 (2080 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mtnbob] ClimbOmatic new ownership >>> [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Its obvious that some of you aren't impressed with the deals we offer. I'm more than willing to find and put up a deal on any type of gear that people want. I've tried to sell high end climbing and ultra-light backpacking gear and no sales were generated. We sell what generates the most sales.
However I will listen to anyone who has a suggestion. If people want to see a rope deal or eVent bivy sack than I am more than wiling to try it. So any suggestions?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook