RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

sway-reincarnate

Jul 28, 2007, 1:23 PM
Post #1 of 1 (865 views)
Shortcut

Making Augusta smaller :(
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just needed to rant.... note the following closures were absolutely not a result of the climbing community... one was a 'plant' the other was societal dregs.

With the recent closure of both Clarks Hill WMA, GA, and the Quarry in north Augusta, SC.... we are now stuck in an area that has not been blessed with all of the great geologic wonders of climbing. Even an old aqueduct wall over Rae's creek has been made less friendly to climbers.... Back to the boulders boys.... At least we still have a few of those....

I am sitting around waiting for them to say 'you can't climb at pollards corner.. or at stevens creek'. They already took a stab at the whitewater kayaking community by saying that certain public rivers/creeks should be closed to boaters but available to fishermen, because boaters run the risk of injuring themselves. I love it when the local govt... or even federal has to step in to preserve my safety in a sport I choose to do. If they were closing the area to save an endangered species, it's fine by me.. that doesn't bother me, but daymn... humans are not an endangered species.

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook