RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

skidawg

Jul 31, 2007, 6:42 AM
Post #1 of 1 (724 views)
Shortcut

Camcorder for mountaineering
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

To begin with, I've had a Canon ZR65mc for about 5 years now, and due to one of the many moving parts in the plastic loading mechanisms, it's down for the count. To be honest, I was never very impressed with the quality, and seemed to get better photos than video with it...in addition, there was always a buzzing from the motor when recording that was always picked up by the mic. That being said, I still hold Canon above others, alongside with Sony. I am now hoping to get a new (used) camcorder for my mountaineering adventures (among others) that is high quality, and reliable. I've heard good and bad about the DVD recording ones, and have heard that there ARE MiniDV out there that are high quality. I was looking at the Canon Optura xi because then I would be able to keep my extended battery from my zr65mc...anyone know about this one? I don't have to much to spend, so money is a factor, but I've always believed in getting it right the first time instead of buying a bunch of cheaper ones that will need to be replaced sooner. Any help would be very appreciated, and thanks in advance for any comments.
cheers,
Justin

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook