RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

chico2442

Aug 4, 2007, 6:00 AM
Post #1 of 4 (571 views)
Shortcut

Sisters/Bend, Oregon Partners
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm moving to Sisters, OR in late September and looking for people to get outdoors with. I just graduated school in Seattle and am going to spend a couple years in C. Oregon (hopefully) before going to med school.

I am looking to do most anything outside. I've been climbing for about 5 years, but still consider myself a beginner. (I can lead on sport and have done some minor alpine stuff) I LOVE to learn though, especially trad and alpine. I like a little danger every now and then too.

I'm 22, laid back, and just looking for adventure. (I don't do drugs and only drink on occasion).

Also looking to get into whitewater kayaking (in case anybody may want to help me there too) :)

Jonathan

steveox

Aug 5, 2007, 3:10 AM
Post #2 of 4 (549 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chico2442] Sisters/Bend, Oregon Partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi. I'm here in Bend and looking for another partner or 2 (anybody else out there?). I mostly just go cragging up at Smith. As far as Alpine opportunities go, you were MUCH better off up in Seattle. I lead about 8/9-ish trad/sport (10a on a good day with a bit of thrashing). If you're not too far ahead of me, I'd be happy to follow you on whatever, if I'm a little ahead of you I'd be glad to do the leading and show you around all the moderates in the Park.

I might not be "dangerous" enough for you, though. While climbing IS inherently dangerous, if done thoughtfully, it can be relatively incident-free. I've been climbing quite a while and have never had an incident (and would just as soon keep it that way). I'm 52, laid back, and just looking for a challenge (and don't smoke, drink, or do them drugs either).

I've also done some kayaking before, up to about 3+/4. I pretty much gave it up 'cause its yet ANOTHER sport where you need a partner. A ready partner could maybe interest me in dusting off my 'ol boat.

backclipped

Aug 13, 2007, 1:43 AM
Post #3 of 4 (491 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have regular climbing partners, but sometimes schedules conflict, ducks step out of line, etc. I'm always up for climbing with new folk regardless of ability. I get a kick out of moving over rock. I hate to play the number game, but I suppose it's a valid way of qualifying one's abilities. I warm up on 5.10s and although I haven't redpointed a 5.11 in a while (two year east coast hiatus made me weak), I can dog up a few old routes I used to hike. Lately I've been climbing alot of obsure moderate gear routes on the tuft (Gorge is a wee bit over my head). I know the park pretty well...there are classics in every corner---5.6 and beyond.

carazco

Aug 15, 2007, 4:56 AM
Post #4 of 4 (460 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

get ahold of me when you get into town. I am a smith alot climbing and also have a kayak but i suck. Ryan
541 390-2317
carazco@hotmail.com

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook