Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Attempts at climbing at Climbnasium
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

ryanwms

Jan 30, 2006, 6:40 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1982 views)
Shortcut

Attempts at climbing at Climbnasium  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania: Southcentral_Region: Climbnasium)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So, my partner (cyclesba) and I have been regulars at Climbnasium since roughly Thanksgiving. We are finding it is increasingly difficult to get there when it's NOT packed with groups of kids tying up all the routes and ropes. Has anyone else had any experiences with this? We're at a point now we're just going to build our own bouldering wall so we can actually get some time climbing.

bucknasty

Aug 29, 2007, 6:01 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1255 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ryanwms] Attempts at climbing at Climbnasium [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I know this is about a year and a half late, but kids are going to go inside when they can't climb outside (like during the winter).

Try to pick random days that aren't on the weekend to climb. Sometimes they have like 30-40 people in there on weekdays too and it sucks, so you just have to go play a game of chess with some of the regulars and then find a route to work on. And whatever you do, don't play the seniority card and butt in because you're older than the kids (it tends to cause problems, as I've witnessed on a few occasions). And it's not just kids, there's older people in there in groups and they take over all the walls in a room at times (and I've heard your same complaint reversed).

Be chill, call a route, and send it. Or you could learn the "flow" of the barn and get a head of it/behind it like me. (these groups seem to migrate from room to room and so you must be one step ahead of them or hang behind after they move on to get on the walls). Patience is key, and respect too. We're all there for the same reason (to climb).

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook