Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

jmvc

Oct 2, 2007, 3:41 PM
Post #76 of 85 (749 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] anyone out there living the lifestyle? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Sorry if my previous comment sounded a bit abrasive.. It's been a rough day ;)

As I mentioned earlier in this thread I have contributed to the number of these people on ocasion, albeit with about 60 dollars a month..

Some of them a great guys and some of them are pieces of sh**, with all the in betweens..

But I sure as hell don't know what you mean their energy.. Though I have studied physics I don't think you mean any energy that I am aquainted with..

I don't think people are here for anything, they just are, so they might as well have fun while they're at it..

Just my opinion..

I'll keep my trap shut about things that aren't rock climbing in future ;)

ja1484

Oct 2, 2007, 7:12 PM
Post #77 of 85 (723 views)
Shortcut

Re: [CinnamonJohnson] anyone out there living the lifestyle? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

CinnamonJohnson wrote:
You are a punk bitch, ja1484! I doubt that your job, your net worth, or your woman are anything impressive. I could be wrong, but I imagine they are all mediocre at best.

I dont think there is anything wrong with the pursuit of success, but its lame to try to ridicule people who live a different type of life. If someone is happier climbing fulltime, while earning less and spending less, then what is the problem? If your life was something special, I dont think you would feel the need to talk tough about your fancy lifestyle. I think you are the one who needs to grow up.

"ja1484' wrote:
The internet is cereal bidness.

scallywag

Oct 7, 2007, 6:59 AM
Post #78 of 85 (660 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rockie] got the life? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rockie wrote:
Jealous anyone?

Certainly not, anyway I beat you there, I get more leave than that, and I work 4 on and get "5 off"

Jealous??? Tongue
fair enough, but do you love your work days almost as much as your climbing days??

maybe Ill come climb with you when I come over for the world police and fire games in BC in 2009...>!

unabonger

Oct 7, 2007, 12:46 PM
Post #79 of 85 (645 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lilred] anyone out there living the lifestyle? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Living the life. Ha!

Here's a clue about the "the life": It's boring! Yep, I said it. Climbing is part of life; doing it non stop except for rest days is a good way to lose IQ points and become one-dimensional. Ever hung around the Red or Rifle with the same pack of dirtbags for days on end? It's a thoroughly stultifying experience, and for me, has usually become pretty boring after a few weeks.

Truly, effectively "living the life" to me means getting the most out of all aspects, climbing, social, professional, emotional.

Its a big world out there, climbing enhances it, it shouldn't limit your experience of it. So if/when you do live in a van down by the river, make sure you append your climbing experience with plenty of variety. Seek out non-climbers. Explore communities, volunteer, learn to cook, read the classics, learn about fashion.

marvinz

Oct 7, 2007, 3:07 PM
Post #80 of 85 (615 views)
Shortcut

Re: [unabonger] anyone out there living the lifestyle? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Between Mr. 'everyone must conform to my tightass prescribed version of reality so I don't have to smell their anchovies' cunts' and Ms. 'my HP uses homeless people for post-it notes' this thread is moderately bemusing.

rockie

Oct 8, 2007, 3:57 AM
Post #81 of 85 (579 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scallywag] got the life? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I certainly do enjoy my work life as much as my climbing life (good balance for each here) Tongue

Though not this week I didn't; this week I hated my work.. except today, and now I am off for the next 5 days (hard life).

Sure call me up when you come over, I'll climb with you.. when I get over to Oz sometime, I will have to call you up too Wink

rockie

Oct 8, 2007, 3:59 AM
Post #82 of 85 (579 views)
Shortcut

Re: [unabonger] anyone out there living the lifestyle? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Re: Truly, effectively "living the life" to me means getting the most out of all aspects, climbing, social, professional, emotional.

I totally agree.. you are quite right there Smile

erick

Oct 8, 2007, 5:12 AM
Post #83 of 85 (564 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rockie] anyone out there living the lifestyle? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hmm this is an inspirational thread.

I've often wanted to just take multiple weeks off of work and go climb. And now that i think about it, why not? I mean really...i live in alberta. i can get any job i want whenever i want with the hours i want in the city i want. i don't know why i fool myself into believing i'm somehow tied down to my current job.

"The life" in my eyes would be living in Canmore working at Tim Hortons and climbing whenever i felt so inclined...

marvinz

Oct 8, 2007, 5:39 AM
Post #84 of 85 (562 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erick] anyone out there living the lifestyle? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No ... the life would be owning Timmies in Canmore. They're lined up out the door at that place.

Or alternatively you could just do what this guy's been doing ...

... well into his 80s.

rockie

Oct 8, 2007, 8:13 PM
Post #85 of 85 (522 views)
Shortcut

Re: [marvinz] anyone out there living the lifestyle? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ha ha ha ha! I loved that pic Laugh

Actually both ideas appeal to me right now; working at Tim Hortons when I felt like it; or owning the joint and letting someone run it while I went climbing..

especially as my past 4 days, apart from yesterday at work were nothing short of manic, crazy, overkill, sometimes I could really go right off it.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook