RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

theirishman

Oct 22, 2007, 2:52 AM
Post #1 of 4 (473 views)
Shortcut

Vipers
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

so i blew the toes out on my anasazi's and was wearin my friends vipers, i loved them! the edged well and everything, but the only problem was after 15-20 minutes my soles of my feet started to ache and all that jazz, do i just need to wear them for less time or can i streach them a little or something?

JohnCook

Oct 22, 2007, 2:54 AM
Post #2 of 4 (470 views)
Shortcut

Re: [theirishman] Vipers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Keep wearing them, your feet will adjust to the shoes. My sons did and he is in love with them and blames them for his sudden grade improvement.

theirishman

Oct 22, 2007, 3:25 AM
Post #3 of 4 (445 views)
Shortcut

Re: [JohnCook] Vipers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ya i can see why, these are pretty old and still stiff as hell unlike my anasazis wich are pretty soft, but how good are they in smaller cracks and slab?

JohnCook

Oct 22, 2007, 3:35 AM
Post #4 of 4 (434 views)
Shortcut

Re: [theirishman] Vipers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My son prefers slab and wall climbing and he says they are the best hes worn (hes only had about 5 pairs of shoes, chillis, he hates, I love, some other brand I can't remember and the vipers.) He climbes at UK E1 5b/c (10c/d) but mostly face and slab (problems, I love cracks) . He has been known to climb overhung cracks, on the walls either side, using the crack for pro, 'cause he says jamming hurts.
Don't know if this helps, but if they work when they're old the will probably be better when they're new. They do stretch a bit, can't remember how much. When I speak to son will ask how much smaller he buys them, think its about 2 US sizes down from street shoe, but may be wrong. Ask your mate, if he's had them from new he'll know how much they have stretched.
cheers

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook