RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

theteacher95

Oct 24, 2007, 8:15 PM
Post #1 of 14 (823 views)
Shortcut

New Project Richmond VA
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So after many nights of drinking cheap beer on the front stoop and looking up at my building dreaming I've decided on a long term project. I live in Stuart Court Apts in Richmond, VA. Any fellow RVAuns might be familiar with it. For anyone who isn't here's a low res pic.

http://www.rent.com/rentals/virginia/richmond-and-vicinity/richmond/495928/

I've bouldered a few times up to my second floor window. It's a stucco building with these big brick accents which makes it extremely easy to climb. The only reason I'd call it a project is because there are some logistical issues. I've got a 70m rope which should give me enough to top-rope it. I've just got to sneak up on the roof and see if there's a spot to attach anchors. There's also the questionable legality of the whole operation. I mean I live there so they can't say I'm trespassing, but I think it's still probably illegal. So, it's probably gonna go down at night. Any locals with questions/concerns/comments lay em on me.

Wouldn't that make a badass picture!?

Carnage

Oct 24, 2007, 8:22 PM
Post #2 of 14 (814 views)
Shortcut

Re: [theteacher95] New Project Richmond VA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i like the way you think sir

adr0ck

Oct 24, 2007, 8:26 PM
Post #3 of 14 (810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So, you say top rope it with my 60m rope? the rope would have to be twice as long unless I was belaying you from the top? This could be fun. What's it like on the backside of the building. I think there's too much light on the front

bent_gate

Oct 24, 2007, 8:36 PM
Post #4 of 14 (800 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's up to the owner and their manager if you're trespassing. As a renter you have access to the "common areas". It just depends if they consider that a common area.

Of course they won't and the first thing they will think of is insurance liability and tell you to get down. So low profile is good advice for any climbing anyway.

scuzzyMD

Oct 24, 2007, 8:41 PM
Post #5 of 14 (789 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

don't bother climbing it if you think it is so easy. Go try climbing the floodwalls instead.

theteacher95

Oct 24, 2007, 9:12 PM
Post #6 of 14 (771 views)
Shortcut

Re: [adr0ck] New Project Richmond VA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I thought you had a 70!? but 60m should still give us 180 feet. Yeah I cut the sh*t out of the bottom of my my foot climbing with no shoes last night. I taped it up and I should still be on for tonight.

The back side isn't a bad idea, but I kind of want the light for the sake of photography. I was thinking of getting a few people like daron to pull Big vehicles up in the cirlce to block the belayer from view once you were up in the air I don't think the cops would notice you. we'd have to move fast and wear masks cause there's cameras all over the place. Being in a ski mask would make the pic at least 756 times better.

james481

Oct 24, 2007, 9:54 PM
Post #7 of 14 (747 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

theteacher95 wrote:
Being in a ski mask would make the pic at least 756 times better.

Coincidentally enough, 756 is also the number of bullets that will be found in your corpse after you try climbing the side of a residential building in a fucking ski mask.

adr0ck

Oct 24, 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #8 of 14 (736 views)
Shortcut

Re: [james481] New Project Richmond VA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

james481 wrote:
theteacher95 wrote:

Coincidentally enough, 756 is also the number of bullets that will be found in your corpse after you try climbing the side of a residential building in a fucking ski mask.

haha, this guy's gotta point. we'll have to figure it out.

notapplicable

Oct 25, 2007, 3:24 AM
Post #9 of 14 (696 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

james481 wrote:
theteacher95 wrote:

Possibly the most simultaniously predictable and hilarious post I have read on hear in a long time. Props to you for getting an honest to god belly laugh out of me with the simple written word. Bravo.

notapplicable

Oct 25, 2007, 3:34 AM
Post #10 of 14 (691 views)
Shortcut

Re: [adr0ck] New Project Richmond VA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

adr0ck wrote:
So, you say top rope it with my 60m rope? the rope would have to be twice as long unless I was belaying you from the top? This could be fun. What's it like on the backside of the building. I think there's too much light on the front

I think your biggest obstacle is going to be the alarm on the roof top access. Once you tamper with it you have actualy committed a crime so make sure there isnt one. Which there probably is.

Have you gentleman considered a solo? Much lower profile and you both get to climb without extending the time frame into "sure to get busted" territory.
Before you do so however, there are a few things to consider. The first being the structural integrity of the stucco, or more importantly how was it applied. Secondly your not going to beable to open the roof access from outside so your going to need accomplices.

Good luck with it. If it goes down let me know, I would love to see it.

theteacher95

Oct 25, 2007, 1:17 PM
Post #11 of 14 (668 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

james481 wrote:
theteacher95 wrote:

Hahaha, a detail I may have overlooked. Just think about how crazy it's gonna be to see clips of the suspected domestic terrorist getting shot up on CNN. As far as the alarm goes there is one on the door but there is a small unprotected window. you have to bring a step ladder to get in and out of it. we've doen it before.

dreday3000

Oct 25, 2007, 6:48 PM
Post #12 of 14 (635 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

troll or dumbass

notapplicable

Oct 25, 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #13 of 14 (599 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

theteacher95 wrote:
james481 wrote:
theteacher95 wrote:

Hahaha, a detail I may have overlooked. Just think about how crazy it's gonna be to see clips of the suspected domestic terrorist getting shot up on CNN. As far as the alarm goes there is one on the door but there is a small unprotected window. you have to bring a step ladder to get in and out of it. we've doen it before.

Sounds like a done deal to me. Dont puss out.

yekcir

Oct 25, 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #14 of 14 (592 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] New Project Richmond VA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Let's revitalize the buildering scene in Richmond. This place kind of sucks otherwise! Let me know when you plan to do it, I'll either photograph or run up there with you! yekcir@hotmail.com

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook