Premier Sponsor:

jilldworkin

Nov 23, 2007, 6:31 PM
Post #1 of 3 (4479 views)
Shortcut

Remembering Jimmy Ray One Year Later
Report this Post
Can't Post

Tomorrow, is November 24 – the first anniversary of Jimmy’s death. Jimmy once said to me, "like a birthday, we all have a death date, we just don’t know what it is and it comes around every year just as our birthday does..…….” Well, we now know Jimmy’s death date and although I have desperately missed him all year and think of him everyday, this is an especially hard time for me. I want to do something productive in dedication to Jimmy’s memory. Will you help me make a living memorial to Jimmy on this first-year anniversary?

In remembrance of Jimmy’s life, will you do something extra and unexpectedly good for someone this week? Make a phone call, drop a note, forgive someone, feed someone, hug a person, forget a debt, hold a hand, visit the lonely. We may not be able to see or touch the result of our actions, but deeds and words have the power to last forever. If we all do a caring deed, there will be many touched lives and lasting memories. What a wonderful testament to Jimmy’s life.

Friends, you have touched my life forever. Jimmy was blessed to have known you. Thank you for being so caring - cards, calls, flowers, prayers and all that you do; not just in the beginning or this week but all year. I understand that you miss him too!

I’m sure Jimmy is climbing today – that’s what he loved to do on this long, Thanksgiving weekend. Jimmy’s headstone reads, “Today, He Climbs with Angels”.

MonkeyInTraining

Nov 23, 2007, 7:14 PM
Post #2 of 3 (4458 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jilldworkin] Remembering Jimmy Ray One Year Later [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I will do that, and say a prayer. I hope your heart ach becomes less and your love spreads far and wide. I didnt know Jimmy but now i know something about him, he was cared about and loved and because of that will be with you allways.

mountainmiss

Nov 23, 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #3 of 3 (4435 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jilldworkin] Remembering Jimmy Ray One Year Later [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Please, in memory of Jimmy Ray Forester, and in honor of his mother who misses him so dearly, as do his sister Jill, sister-in-law-but-really-a-sister Mary, Mary's dear son and Jimmy's precious nephew Jacob, and last but not least the apple of Jimmy's eye...sweet sweet Rylie, who is now 5:

Please post a memory you have of Jimmy. His mother would love to read it and would love to hear from anyone who wants to tell their story.

And Marcus, Jimmy's dear friend and climbing companion. How Jimmy spoke of you... he had so much respect for you.. as a man, as a husband, as a father, and as his friend. Sending my thoughts your way for I am sure this holiday has not been easy for you either.

Doris... may you find strength in knowing Jimmy is still sorely missed. The extent of our grief is a measure of what he meant to us, the impact he had on us. It is the imprint he left that each of us will always have. That will forever be with us.. so please know that in memory...Jimmy still climbs on.

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Forums : Climbing Information : In Memory Of

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook