Forums: Rockclimbing.com: Suggestions & Feedback:
PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All


Partner cracklover


Dec 12, 2007, 8:21 AM
Post #1 of 50 (5589 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 10161

     PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

the PTFTW phenomenon got its start from a thread that was basically about simply trying to be as long as possible. It served its purpose well there, and was a fun game.

But some folks, unclear on the concept, decided it was such a fun game, they would PTFTW on every thread. These knuckleheads see no difference between a thread about nothing, and a thread about a serious accident or cam failure. So far as they're concerned, all threads are/should be about nothing aside from their own amusement.

Does every thread on every forum here have to be turned into community? I mean WTF?

GO


thomasribiere


Dec 12, 2007, 9:07 AM
Post #2 of 50 (5582 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 24, 2002
Posts: 9306

     Re: [cracklover] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

the reply is simply NO!

But as you know, we Nazi Mods can't be everywhere all day long. If you or another user (the thread starter by example) feel the need that we move a post to the bin, feel free to PM 2 or 3 of us (as we can't be...).

PTFTFW or simple PTFTW are extremely ANNOYING.


wanderlustmd


Dec 12, 2007, 9:08 AM
Post #3 of 50 (5579 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 24, 2006
Posts: 8150

     Re: [cracklover] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

I see what you're saying, but overall it's pretty harmless, imo.


Partner epoch
Moderator

Dec 12, 2007, 9:18 AM
Post #4 of 50 (5577 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32163

     Re: [cracklover] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

Gabe,

Those who are responsible for the m34tbomz have already been given rulesguidelines as to the useage of said instrument of annoyance. Respecting the guidelines as set forth by ddt I don't believe that they have appeared ouside of the afformentioned forum for a while.

The PTFTW phenom will only persist to happen as long as people complain about it. Sorry, but that is just the way it is. There are some of us who understand that the only proper place for them is in the thread from which they came.

Is it really that much of a problem? Slight inconvienence, but other than that you can just read on. It's the internet.


zeke_sf


Dec 12, 2007, 9:44 AM
Post #5 of 50 (5548 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 28, 2006
Posts: 18730

     Re: [cracklover] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

I would say that we've made an effort to make them on-topic if dropped outside of community. It's a point of pride, really. You see plenty of silly pictures and drawings of other sorts (i.e. Majid line-drawings and its spawn), so when you see a bit of a unifying theme and some unfamiliar jargon, that is what really pisses you off? Read on and don't pull a Jakedatc over it because I think the kind of butt-hurt, irreconcilable arguments I see in that vein are much more of a blight to this site amongst its users and the climbing community at large. I also like how your post arises from a thread in beginners that was a blatant troll. So, things got ridiculous in a ridiculously conceived thread, and then you start generalizing a few instances to the entire site. Brilliant.


jgloporto


Dec 12, 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #6 of 50 (5532 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 8, 2006
Posts: 5522

     Re: [zeke_sf] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

zeke_sf wrote:
I would say that we've made an effort to make them on-topic if dropped outside of community. It's a point of pride, really. You see plenty of silly pictures and drawings of other sorts (i.e. Majid line-drawings and its spawn), so when you see a bit of a unifying theme and some unfamiliar jargon, that is what really pisses you off? Read on and don't pull a Jakedatc over it because I think the kind of butt-hurt, irreconcilable arguments I see in that vein are much more of a blight to this site amongst its users and the climbing community at large. I also like how your post arises from a thread in beginners that was a blatant troll. So, things got ridiculous in a ridiculously conceived thread, and then you start generalizing a few instances to the entire site. Brilliant.

What he said.




[This was pretty well written, zeke. I really have nothing further to add. Well done. It would actually be kind of wrong to call you an asshole this time... :shitz pants in rage:]


Partner cracklover


Dec 12, 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #7 of 50 (5523 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 10161

     Re: [jgloporto] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

For the most part, it's harmless but irritating, yes. It's like throwing snowballs at strangers. I don't want or expect the mods to do anything about it, I just want have it known that (outside of community) I think it sucks.

Depending on the thread you're having your fun in, sometimes it's just obnoxious, and sometimes it's totally inappropriate. To return to the snowball analogy, if you throw it at me, it's just obnoxious. If you throw it at a pregnant lady on a slippery sidewalk, you deserve a thrashing. So sure, in a fake LEB thread, big deal - the thread belongs in community anyway. But in an accident thread, or a gear failure thread, STFU already, mkay?

GO


jgloporto


Dec 12, 2007, 10:48 AM
Post #8 of 50 (5518 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 8, 2006
Posts: 5522

     Re: [cracklover] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

cracklover wrote:
For the most part, it's harmless but irritating, yes. It's like throwing snowballs at strangers. I don't want or expect the mods to do anything about it, I just want have it known that (outside of community) I think it sucks.

Depending on the thread you're having your fun in, sometimes it's just obnoxious, and sometimes it's totally inappropriate. To return to the snowball analogy, if you throw it at me, it's just obnoxious. If you throw it at a pregnant lady on a slippery sidewalk, you deserve a thrashing. So sure, in a fake LEB thread, big deal - the thread belongs in community anyway. But in an accident thread, or a gear failure thread, STFU already, mkay?

GO

I'd like to see an accident report with a meatbombz in it.


wanderlustmd


Dec 12, 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #9 of 50 (5512 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 24, 2006
Posts: 8150

     Re: [jgloporto] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

Chossy's had one, but I think he put it there.

I've never taken them as a truely derogatory thing, even though they flame occasionally. Although, I can see your point in regarding a new user.

I guess, push>shove I'll say what I've always said. It's the internet....who cares? If you take something to heart on here (assuming it's not totally inappropriate threats, racism, etc.)....well, I guess you shouldn't

CI carez, art carez, we all carez!Smile


zeke_sf


Dec 12, 2007, 11:01 AM
Post #10 of 50 (5508 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 28, 2006
Posts: 18730

     Re: [cracklover] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

Fair enough. I just don't know which thread(s) you are specifically talking about, and I think that it is far from prevalent. There is one example that we made out of a fellow "community" member's gear ripping, 70' deck, but it was posted in a situation where it was completely on-topic, and, yes, if you didn't know he'd already laughed at it himself, you might take it the wrong way (I am talking about Dominic7's experience here). I think he's happy he was able to survive to laugh at his own mistake, you know what I mean? If somebody is taking our vernacular and actively doing what you are describing, then their language is ours but their actions are their own. Personally, I find the earnestly insulting attacks that have been a mainstay of this site for years upon years much more offensive, but, then again, I clearly don't take those that seriously either. How can you?


Partner cracklover


Dec 12, 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #11 of 50 (5502 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 10161

     Re: [wanderlustmd] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

wanderlustmd wrote:
It's the internet....who cares? If you take something to heart on here (assuming it's not totally inappropriate threats, racism, etc.)....well, I guess you shouldn't

I don't take it that seriously. I just think it could stand to get reeled in a bit. No doubt it's fun for the folks playing the game, but I figured you might want to know - for some of the rest of us on the site, it's getting a bit old.

GO


Partner epoch
Moderator

Dec 12, 2007, 11:36 AM
Post #12 of 50 (5481 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 27, 2005
Posts: 32163

     Re: [jgloporto] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

jgloporto wrote:
cracklover wrote:
For the most part, it's harmless but irritating, yes. It's like throwing snowballs at strangers. I don't want or expect the mods to do anything about it, I just want have it known that (outside of community) I think it sucks.

Depending on the thread you're having your fun in, sometimes it's just obnoxious, and sometimes it's totally inappropriate. To return to the snowball analogy, if you throw it at me, it's just obnoxious. If you throw it at a pregnant lady on a slippery sidewalk, you deserve a thrashing. So sure, in a fake LEB thread, big deal - the thread belongs in community anyway. But in an accident thread, or a gear failure thread, STFU already, mkay?

GO

I'd like to see an accident report with a meatbombz in it.

Doc's roadtrip thread...


Partner artm


Dec 12, 2007, 11:48 AM
Post #13 of 50 (5470 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 22, 2001
Posts: 17990

     Re: [cracklover] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

Cracklover, I think you exagerate the severity of the problem
using the search engine and the phrase ptftw out of 2516 results

Listed below are all the ptftw results NOT found in community

Re: [aja175] Indoor ice climbing holds dr_feelgood Climbing Disciplines: Alpine & Ice Dec 9, 2007, 1:56 PM
Re: [jakedatc] 5.15a at Rumney! caughtinside Climbing Disciplines: Sport Climbing Oct 26, 2007, 2:48 PM
Re: [artm] All Asians are the same! NSFW Climbing Information: Gear Heads Oct 1, 2007, 5:05 PM
Re: [tradmanclimbs] noob to ice climbing stymingersfink Climbing Disciplines: Alpine & Ice Nov 11, 2007, 7:20 PM
Re: [jt512] Climbing fatality, open locking biner while top roping Arrogant_Bastard Climbing Information: Injuries & Accidents Dec 6, 2007, 1:49 PM Re: [jt512] Questions for people using my killfile dr_feelgood Climbing Information: General Aug 1, 2007, 2:56 PM
Re: [gqsmooth] Dan, give me back my gear! NSFW Climbing Information: General Oct 11, 2007, 12:25 PM
Re: [donald949] "Into the Wild" - Your Level of Interest stymingersfink Climbing Information: General Nov 19, 2007, 3:27 PM
Re: [jgloporto] Attn: nOOBs OT, Troll caughtinside Climbing Information: General Dec 6, 2007, 11:32 AM
Re: [zeke_sf] Free #13 Nut to good home caughtinside Climbing Information: General Oct 9, 2007, 11:49 AM
Re: [shanz] Does climbing have any future caughtinside Climbing Information: General Oct 26, 2007, 2:37 PM
Re: [caughtinside] Attn: nOOBs OT, Troll jgloporto Climbing Information: General Dec 6, 2007, 11:33 AM
Re: [wjca] The worst thing EVAR!!! dr_feelgood Rockclimbing.com: Recycle Bin Dec 6, 2007, 1:24 PM
Re: [camhead] A method of how to ascend when bolting a route... caughtinside Climbing Disciplines: Sport Climbing Nov 7, 2007, 12:18 AM
Re: [chossmonkey] Is trad really just about beer? artm Climbing Information: General Aug 1, 2007, 11:00 AM
Re: [majid_sabet] New Forum: Ask Majid_Sabet!!!1 artm Climbing Information: General Aug 31, 2007, 12:33 PM
Re: [JackAttack] How strong are harnesses? Why arenít they rated? stymingersfink Climbing Information: General Nov 12, 2007, 9:26 PM
Re: [dr_feelgood] Questions for people using my killfile dr_feelgood Climbing Information: General
Re: [artm] Is trad really just about beer? limeydave Climbing Information: General Aug 1, 2007, 5:52 PM
Re: [artm] Sigh, back on the soapbox angry Climbing Information: General Sep 20, 2007, 4:47 PM
Re: [stymingersfink] How strong are harnesses? Why arenít they rated? btreanor Climbing Information: General Nov 16, 2007, 8:42 AM
RE;[cracklover] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc thomasribiere Rockclimbing.com: Suggestions & Feedback Dec 12, 2007, 9:07 AM
TFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc cracklover Rockclimbing.com: Suggestions & Feedback Dec 12, 2007, 8:21 AM
Re: [diophantus] climbinwv profile caughtinside Climbing Information: Regional Discussions Aug 10, 2007, 7:53 PM
Re: [angry] Sigh, back on the soapbox artm Climbing Information: General Sep 20, 2007, 4:41 PM
Re: [cracklover] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc epoch Rockclimbing.com: Suggestions & Feedback Dec 12, 2007, 9:18 AM
Re: [reno] New Forum: Ask Majid_Sabet!!!1 NSFW Climbing Information: General Aug 31, 2007, 10:00 AM
Re: [NSFW] New Forum: Ask Majid_Sabet!!!1 zeke_sf Climbing Information: General Aug 31, 2007, 10:03 AM
Re: [zeke_sf] New Forum: Ask Majid_Sabet!!!1 NSFW Climbing Information: General Aug 31, 2007, 10:05 AM
Re: [NSFW] New Forum: Ask Majid_Sabet!!!1 zeke_sf Climbing Information: General Aug 31, 2007, 10:10 AM
Re: [zeke_sf] Sigh, back on the soapbox zeke_sf Climbing Information: General Nov 1, 2007, 3:42 PM
Re: [j_ung] Bailing safely NSFW Climbing Disciplines: Sport Climbing Oct 5, 2007, 9:05 AM
Re: [jgloporto] side effects of leading? NSFW Climbing Information: Beginners Sep 26, 2007, 1:41 PM


I find one single instance of a ptftw in injuries and accidents.


(This post was edited by artm on Dec 12, 2007, 11:49 AM)


Partner macherry


Dec 12, 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #14 of 50 (5464 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15848

     Re: [artm] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

thing about meatbomz and ptftw is that if you're throwing the bomz down it's all fun and games.

but, if you're trying to read a thread or keep a thread on topic and someone drops a bomz or ptftw, it's no so fun.

and then some folks don't like to be in a meatbomz.........eh art!!!


zeke_sf


Dec 12, 2007, 12:03 PM
Post #15 of 50 (5460 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 28, 2006
Posts: 18730

     Re: [macherry] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

macherry wrote:
thing about meatbomz and ptftw is that if you're throwing the bomz down it's all fun and games.

but, if you're trying to read a thread or keep a thread on topic and someone drops a bomz or ptftw, it's no so fun.

and then some folks don't like to be in a meatbomz.........eh art!!!

By this rationale you'd have to ban happiegrrl from almost every forum. I'm still not seeing how these are so prevalent as people are making out.


wanderlustmd


Dec 12, 2007, 12:04 PM
Post #16 of 50 (5460 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 24, 2006
Posts: 8150

     Re: [macherry] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

To play devils advocate, I've never dropped a bomb in my life and I think they're just the opposite. Entertaining and such.

I can certainly understand the oppositve viewpoint, but I don't find them distracting. Some are quite creative.

They could even be called art! WinkLaugh


Partner macherry


Dec 12, 2007, 12:09 PM
Post #17 of 50 (5453 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 10, 2003
Posts: 15848

     Re: [zeke_sf] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

zeke_sf wrote:
macherry wrote:
thing about meatbomz and ptftw is that if you're throwing the bomz down it's all fun and games.

but, if you're trying to read a thread or keep a thread on topic and someone drops a bomz or ptftw, it's no so fun.

and then some folks don't like to be in a meatbomz.........eh art!!!

By this rationale you'd have to ban happiegrrl from almost every forum. I'm still not seeing how these are so prevalent as people are making out.

no, that's not the point. It's like kids in the playground, it's only fun when you're the one doing the teasing.

I've gotten used to the bomz and page turns.....they're annoying, but whatever, as long as they're in community or in a thread that's done the downward turn. However, they would not be welcome in an accident thread. It's called tact


Partner artm


Dec 12, 2007, 12:28 PM
Post #18 of 50 (5447 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 22, 2001
Posts: 17990

     Re: [macherry] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

macherry wrote:
thing about meatbomz and ptftw is that if you're throwing the bomz down it's all fun and games.

but, if you're trying to read a thread or keep a thread on topic and someone drops a bomz or ptftw, it's no so fun.

and then some folks don't like to be in a meatbomz.........eh art!!!
As the primary subject and tagline in a majority of meatbomz I am a bit thickskinned about it.
It wasn't the meatbomz per se that I resented it was the fact that the person starting the thread had requested that I NOT use a personal pic and subject them to the same situation that they subsequently put Myself in. Got it?
I did someone a favor and they shat on me, which pissed me off.


Partner artm


Dec 12, 2007, 12:32 PM
Post #19 of 50 (5444 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 22, 2001
Posts: 17990

     Re: [macherry] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

macherry wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
macherry wrote:
thing about meatbomz and ptftw is that if you're throwing the bomz down it's all fun and games.

but, if you're trying to read a thread or keep a thread on topic and someone drops a bomz or ptftw, it's no so fun.

and then some folks don't like to be in a meatbomz.........eh art!!!

By this rationale you'd have to ban happiegrrl from almost every forum. I'm still not seeing how these are so prevalent as people are making out.

no, that's not the point. It's like kids in the playground, it's only fun when you're the one doing the teasing.

I've gotten used to the bomz and page turns.....they're annoying, but whatever, as long as they're in community or in a thread that's done the downward turn. However, they would not be welcome in an accident thread. It's called tact
I agree with you ma and that was why I posted the results of my search, things were beginning to turn into a witch hunt with some exageration going on imho. The majority of the above listed threads are/were troll threads from the beginning or threads which had drifted off topic and begun the typical downward spiral into inanity and user bashing.


Partner cracklover


Dec 12, 2007, 12:38 PM
Post #20 of 50 (5443 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 10161

     Re: [artm] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

Look, this is not a witch hunt. I'm not interested in hunting down meatbomz and every combination of PTFTMFW. I have not, and I will not search for them in the forums.

But here's another in the I&A forum. I happen to remember running across it as I was engaged in the thread.

http://www.rockclimbing.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

There was no point to the post aside from repeating the previous post with a PTFTW inserted.

GO


jgloporto


Dec 12, 2007, 12:49 PM
Post #21 of 50 (5436 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 8, 2006
Posts: 5522

     Re: [wanderlustmd] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

wanderlustmd wrote:
To play devils advocate, I've never dropped a bomb in my life and I think they're just the opposite. Entertaining and such.

I can certainly understand the oppositve viewpoint, but I don't find them distracting. Some are quite creative.

They could even be called art! WinkLaugh

I would strongly urge you not to pretend to be devils advocate. That is a rabbit hole that leads to disturbing places... that and you end up wearing white pants. Which is just totally ghey.


Partner artm


Dec 12, 2007, 1:01 PM
Post #22 of 50 (5432 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 22, 2001
Posts: 17990

     Re: [cracklover] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

cracklover wrote:
Look, this is not a witch hunt. I'm not interested in hunting down meatbomz and every combination of PTFTMFW. I have not, and I will not search for them in the forums.

But here's another in the I&A forum. I happen to remember running across it as I was engaged in the thread.

http://www.rockclimbing.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

There was no point to the post aside from repeating the previous post with a PTFTW inserted.

GO
Well Sty is not a regular BET poster nor is that thread about any specific injury or accident, it's about controlling safety in an outdoor enviroment and quite honestly could have been posted in general.
So that's two out of how many threads on this site?
And really only the one AB posted to is relevant to your argument imho.


Partner cracklover


Dec 12, 2007, 1:06 PM
Post #23 of 50 (5426 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 14, 2002
Posts: 10161

     Re: [thomasribiere] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

thomasribiere wrote:
But as you know, we Nazi Mods can't be everywhere all day long. If you or another user (the thread starter by example) feel the need that we move a post to the bin, feel free to PM 2 or 3 of us (as we can't be...).

PTFTFW or simple PTFTW are extremely ANNOYING.

Oh, just to follow up on this post: thanks Thomas, but ratting on someone for something as stupid as a PTFTW is ridiculous. If I have a problem, I'll deal with it in the open, as I'm doing now.

GO


jgloporto


Dec 12, 2007, 1:09 PM
Post #24 of 50 (5424 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Aug 8, 2006
Posts: 5522

     Re: [artm] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

artm wrote:
cracklover wrote:
Look, this is not a witch hunt. I'm not interested in hunting down meatbomz and every combination of PTFTMFW. I have not, and I will not search for them in the forums.

But here's another in the I&A forum. I happen to remember running across it as I was engaged in the thread.

http://www.rockclimbing.com/..._reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

There was no point to the post aside from repeating the previous post with a PTFTW inserted.

GO
Well Sty is not a regular BET poster nor is that thread about any specific injury or accident, it's about controlling safety in an outdoor enviroment and quite honestly could have been posted in general.
So that's two out of how many threads on this site?
And really only the one AB posted to is relevant to your argument imho.

Two posts would have warranted a broad based generalization... so you are saying it's really just one? Well, I will say it's definitely harder to make the statment that every accident report is riddled with these ptftws and meatbombings and what not...

I'm going to go with it anyway.

YOUR MEATBOMBINGS AND PTWRGERDFTWNS are killing the internet!!


Arrogant_Bastard


Dec 12, 2007, 2:25 PM
Post #25 of 50 (5407 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 30, 2007
Posts: 19994

     Re: [cracklover] PTFTWs, M3atbomZ, etc [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
 

cracklover wrote:
the PTFTW phenomenon got its start from a thread that was basically about simply trying to be as long as possible. It served its purpose well there, and was a fun game.

But some folks, unclear on the concept, decided it was such a fun game, they would PTFTW on every thread. These knuckleheads see no difference between a thread about nothing, and a thread about a serious accident or cam failure. So far as they're concerned, all threads are/should be about nothing aside from their own amusement.

Does every thread on every forum here have to be turned into community? I mean WTF?

GO

I'm willing to bet that just as many non-BET regulars have made PTFTWs outside of the BET and it's spin-offs. I see people going back and editing their posts all the time to put it in. I'm sure in you short sightedness you just assume they're "one of us".

You might try getting one of those hemorrhoid pillows to save yourself from the agony of your butthurtz.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook