Forums: Climbing Partners: Canada:
Visiting Ottawa
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Canada

Premier Sponsor:

 


coastal_climber


Dec 7, 2007, 1:10 PM
Post #1 of 16 (1927 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 16, 2006
Posts: 2542

Visiting Ottawa
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm going to Ottawa (surrounding area) after xmas, and I was wondering what there is to do. Suggestions?

>Cam


tinman1


Dec 12, 2007, 10:30 AM
Post #2 of 16 (1907 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 5, 2005
Posts: 9

Re: [coastal_climber] Visiting Ottawa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

You could always buy a box of tampons...


jumpingrock


Dec 12, 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #3 of 16 (1902 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 15, 2002
Posts: 5692

Re: [tinman1] Visiting Ottawa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The war museum is pretty cool. (actually the World War 1 section is pretty cool, the rest is ok)


coastal_climber


Dec 12, 2007, 1:01 PM
Post #4 of 16 (1899 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 16, 2006
Posts: 2542

Re: [tinman1] Visiting Ottawa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

tinman1 wrote:
You could always buy a box of tampons...

Queer.

>Cam


coastal_climber


Dec 12, 2007, 1:02 PM
Post #5 of 16 (1897 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 16, 2006
Posts: 2542

Re: [jumpingrock] Visiting Ottawa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

jumpingrock wrote:
The war museum is pretty cool. (actually the World War 1 section is pretty cool, the rest is ok)

Ok. I was thinking of going by one of the large gyms while I was there. (not into ice yet). Which one is the best?

>Cam


tinman1


Dec 12, 2007, 1:22 PM
Post #6 of 16 (1895 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 5, 2005
Posts: 9

Re: [coastal_climber] Visiting Ottawa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

coastal_climber wrote:
tinman1 wrote:
You could always buy a box of tampons...

Queer.

>Cam

Not quite. If you remember old tampon commercials, you'll recall that with tampons you can go horseback riding, swimming, dancing, etc.


jumpingrock


Dec 12, 2007, 5:35 PM
Post #7 of 16 (1890 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 15, 2002
Posts: 5692

Re: [tinman1] Visiting Ottawa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Vertical Reality is half decent. The owner is an ass wipe though.


coastal_climber


Dec 12, 2007, 7:03 PM
Post #8 of 16 (1888 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 16, 2006
Posts: 2542

Re: [tinman1] Visiting Ottawa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

tinman1 wrote:
coastal_climber wrote:
tinman1 wrote:
You could always buy a box of tampons...

Queer.

>Cam

Not quite. If you remember old tampon commercials, you'll recall that with tampons you can go horseback riding, swimming, dancing, etc.

Not quite? Do I even want to know what you are?

>Cam


Partner abe_ascends


Dec 12, 2007, 9:38 PM
Post #9 of 16 (1884 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 17, 2005
Posts: 367

Re: [coastal_climber] Visiting Ottawa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Vertical Reality is meh okay. Coyote is a better bet IMO.


coastal_climber


Dec 13, 2007, 12:17 PM
Post #10 of 16 (1861 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 16, 2006
Posts: 2542

Re: [abe_ascends] Visiting Ottawa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm going to both, so that should be interesting.

>Cam


the_climber


Dec 19, 2007, 3:57 PM
Post #11 of 16 (1808 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 8, 2003
Posts: 6142

Re: [coastal_climber] Visiting Ottawa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Check out Coyote's (or what ever it's called... a short distance from teh Musium of Science and Tech.


kantkatchme


Dec 19, 2007, 6:42 PM
Post #12 of 16 (1800 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 1, 2004
Posts: 286

Re: [the_climber] Visiting Ottawa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

the_climber wrote:
Check out Coyote's (or what ever it's called... a short distance from teh Musium of Science and Tech.

that would be VR....

edit: nm got my musiums mixed up


(This post was edited by kantkatchme on Dec 19, 2007, 6:44 PM)


the_climber


Dec 20, 2007, 8:59 AM
Post #13 of 16 (1783 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 8, 2003
Posts: 6142

Re: [kantkatchme] Visiting Ottawa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:
the_climber wrote:
Check out Coyote's (or what ever it's called... a short distance from teh Musium of Science and Tech.

that would be VR....

edit: nm got my musiums mixed up

Yeah I could be wrong... I havn't lived in Ottawa since '94 and have only been back there 2 or 3 times in the past 10 years..


kantkatchme


Dec 20, 2007, 1:25 PM
Post #14 of 16 (1778 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Feb 1, 2004
Posts: 286

Re: [the_climber] Visiting Ottawa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

the_climber wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:
the_climber wrote:
Check out Coyote's (or what ever it's called... a short distance from teh Musium of Science and Tech.

that would be VR....

edit: nm got my musiums mixed up

Yeah I could be wrong... I havn't lived in Ottawa since '94 and have only been back there 2 or 3 times in the past 10 years..

no you are right....
VR is near the war musium and the musium of civ.


the_climber


Dec 20, 2007, 2:12 PM
Post #15 of 16 (1777 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Oct 8, 2003
Posts: 6142

Re: [kantkatchme] Visiting Ottawa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:
the_climber wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:
the_climber wrote:
Check out Coyote's (or what ever it's called... a short distance from teh Musium of Science and Tech.

that would be VR....

edit: nm got my musiums mixed up

Yeah I could be wrong... I havn't lived in Ottawa since '94 and have only been back there 2 or 3 times in the past 10 years..

no you are right....
VR is near the war musium and the musium of civ.

OK that's what I thought. Score one for me!


coastal_climber


Dec 28, 2007, 7:38 PM
Post #16 of 16 (1731 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 16, 2006
Posts: 2542

Re: [the_climber] Visiting Ottawa [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well, I ended up going to Vertical Reality for my first and last visit. I had to stand close as possible under the first bolt when lead belaying so I put as little outward pull as possible on the bolt. Are they are going to zipper or somethingTongue

>Cam


Forums : Climbing Partners : Canada

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook