RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

clmbrdancer

Dec 28, 2007, 2:16 AM
Post #1 of 4 (746 views)
Shortcut

Sierra Designs Chockstone Jacket
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm thinking about getting a belay coat and the Chockstone is on my list because of the dual zipper and the thumb loops. However, I can't find information on how thick the primaloft is on it?

Anyone know how it compares to the DAS or the Wildthings Belay jacket? I've a wildthings EP jacket which is great for cool weather but need something for colder weather.

Cheers,

Brad

crackers

Dec 28, 2007, 2:45 PM
Post #2 of 4 (714 views)
Shortcut

Re: mammut stratus... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

One of folks that works with me just got a mammut stratus belay parkas. It is really well designed.

The top design elements for me are the hood, the ninja thumb loops and the internal pockets. Even on the small, the internal pockets are big enough to fit a nalgene or even a bottle of Jack Daniels. The thumb loops are perfectly placed for her, and don't cut into her hand.

No double zipper, but it is damn warm. I would recommend at least checking out the Mammut Stratus...

(This post was edited by crackers on Jan 2, 2008, 10:47 PM)

clmbrdancer

Dec 28, 2007, 9:20 PM
Post #3 of 4 (670 views)
Shortcut

Re: [crackers] mammut stratus... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The stratus is also what I'm looking for. Thanks for point it out. As for the zipper, it does have a double zip (two zip pulls that zip from either the bottom or the top).

Cost isn't that bad either.

Cheers,

Brad

crackers

Jan 2, 2008, 10:49 PM
Post #4 of 4 (603 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clmbrdancer] mammut stratus... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clmbrdancer wrote:
The stratus is also what I'm looking for. Thanks for point it out. As for the zipper, it does have a double zip (two zip pulls that zip from either the bottom or the top).

Cost isn't that bad either.

Oh. I thought you meant double zippers as in two zippers not as in a single zipper with two way sliders. Sorry. Too much time reading my zipper catalogs. ;)

I think it's downright cheap. And it's warm. I don't know how long the insulation will hold up, but thats the problem with all synthetic belay parkas.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook