RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

Archie2

Jan 5, 2008, 1:41 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1275 views)
Shortcut

Sedona in June
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I"m heading to Sedona in June and hoping to do some bouldering. I'm very new to the sport and was wondering if the anvil boulders are out of my league (i just completed my 2nd V2 at my gym today ) June is a ways away and I'll hopefully improve by then. The routes section rates the easiest route as a V3. Would I just have my ass handed to me? Are there any other areas that are good nearby? I don't mind driving a bit.

climbsomething

Jan 5, 2008, 2:23 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1269 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Archie2] Sedona in June [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Sedona in June
...is usually pretty hot.

Flagstaff is warm but it's more than 2,000 feet higher in elevation, so it shouldn't be that bad. Count on about 45 min to an hour to get here from Sedona, depending on where you want to climb.

lvpyne

Jan 5, 2008, 2:33 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Archie2 wrote:
I"m heading to Sedona in June and hoping to do some bouldering.

I know that your question was about bouldering, specifically, but one option that you might enjoy would be Uptown Crags in downtown Sedona. The Uptown Crags are bolted, single pitch sport routes (and there's a ton of bouldering on the way up to the wall). The Crags has sport routes that start at 5.6 and has quite a few fun, aesthetic routes that are in the 5.7-5.10 range. The Crags always has some routes that will be in the shade, which will be nice in June.

The "Red Lizard" guidebook for the area is terrible, but is for sale at the gear shop in Sedona.

brri2000

May 19, 2008, 4:03 AM
Post #4 of 4 (986 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm also visiting Sedona in June. I'll be coming through with my wife and kids on a road trip. We'll be in Sedona June 14-17. June 16th seems like my best day to cut away from the family to boulder or whatever. I'll have my pad and shoes for any roadside boulder we come upon though. I love to climb anything, no matter what the grade, and I have experience in trad and sport as well. Let me know if you'll be around the Sedona area on June 16th.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook