RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

zwillia1

Jan 18, 2008, 11:24 PM
Post #1 of 8 (892 views)
Shortcut

Climbing News
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey Guys,

So, I've begun to really enjoy keeping up with what's going on in the world of "professional" climbing (whatever that may or may not mean). I really enjoy following guys like Graham, Sharma, Andrada, and the like. Which makes me ask- where do people get their climbing news? I know 8a has a pretty good site, but does anyone use any other sources? Anything would be great. Thank guys.

gt29905

Jan 18, 2008, 11:35 PM
Post #2 of 8 (880 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zwillia1] Climbing News [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

At momentumvm.com they have news next to the videos. Climbing.com, Rockandice.com, Alpinist.com are all good. Also, Bigupproductions.com has a blog that reports the filming exploits of the Lowell brothers.

zwillia1

Jan 18, 2008, 11:52 PM
Post #3 of 8 (865 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gt29905] Climbing News [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the momentum site is actually really cool. does anyone have a membership to it? recommend?

billcoe_

Jan 19, 2008, 1:23 AM
Post #4 of 8 (818 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

zwillia1 wrote:
Hey Guys,

So, I've begun to really enjoy keeping up with what's going on in the world of "professional" climbing (whatever that may or may not mean). I really enjoy following guys like Graham, Sharma, Andrada, and the like.

You joking?

I know a guy who can sit and watch bowlers bowl.

Can anyone even imagine that?

zwillia1

Jan 19, 2008, 1:30 AM
Post #5 of 8 (806 views)
Shortcut

Re: [billcoe_] Climbing News [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

haha, i don't know about watching bowling, but yea, I'm serious. i don't know what it is, i just really like watching videos and keeping up to date on the really hard projects they're working on. maybe i'm living vicariously, because i live in rock-starved Ithaca, NY, but i really do enjoy keeping on top of the news. maybe i also just really envy a life where you don't have to pay to climb the most amazing and hardest lines in the world. who knows? but yes, haha, i was serious. Blush

caughtinside

Jan 19, 2008, 2:50 AM
Post #6 of 8 (782 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Some of the pros have blogs which can be pretty good. I think some of them are on the climbing and rock and ice sites.

a couple other good ones are sonnietrotter.com and joekindkid.com

gt29905

Jan 19, 2008, 3:29 AM
Post #7 of 8 (753 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

zwillia1 wrote:
haha, i don't know about watching bowling, but yea, I'm serious. i don't know what it is, i just really like watching videos and keeping up to date on the really hard projects they're working on. maybe i'm living vicariously, because i live in rock-starved Ithaca, NY, but i really do enjoy keeping on top of the news. maybe i also just really envy a life where you don't have to pay to climb the most amazing and hardest lines in the world. who knows? but yes, haha, i was serious. Blush

Don’t be embarrassed. A lot of climbers keep up with deeds of the pros, although few will admit it. In climbing there are so many forms of snobbery that people lean on to support their burdensome egos, and this is an excellent example of that. I think many people are simply threatened by the superior ability of famous climbers and especially the new generation. For myself, I enjoy watching Caldwell, Graham, and all of them expand the limits of what is possible.

Basketball players and fans love to watch Jordan do his thing. Why should it be any different with climbers? The climbing community needs a big piece of humble pie to fill out it’s anorexic bones.

zwillia1

Jan 19, 2008, 3:37 AM
Post #8 of 8 (747 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gt29905] Climbing News [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for that. I keep a low head, but I figured eventually at least one of my posts would be flamed. No worries. Life is far too short to worry about the internet. :)

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook