First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

kantkatchme

Feb 12, 2008, 11:00 PM
Post #1 of 26 (1131 views)
Shortcut

If never never land was real
Report this Post
Can't Post

So i find myself mostly unemployed all of a sudden.
I wish i had been a bit more frugal, and a bit less of a lush over the past two months. maybe if i hadn't spent so much money on alcohol i would be able to load up the car and take off for a few months.
Its the perfect opportunity, so long as Im back in the fall for school. rats!

If you didnt have anything to tie you down, and the funds to do it, what would you do?

kriso9tails

Feb 12, 2008, 11:41 PM
Post #2 of 26 (1124 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kantkatchme] If never never land was real [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmmm... well, last time I simply decided I no longer had commitments and that no money was more or less enough. I feel I made good use of my freedom by making an ass of myself and having a mental breakdown that possibly could have been avoided if I hadn't spent the years prior making excuses as to why I couldn't just take off.

Man, I'm so lame.

wanderlustmd

Feb 13, 2008, 5:00 AM
Post #3 of 26 (1110 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kriso9tails] If never never land was real [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Never Never Land is real. It's on El Cap.

I'd travel a lot, but I'd also find a nice little piece of land somewhere and build a house as a home base. The road is great, but it's nice to have a place to hang your hat, however seldom that might be.

kyleshea

Feb 13, 2008, 5:31 AM
Post #4 of 26 (1105 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:
I wish i had been a bit more frugal, and a bit less of a lush over the past two months. maybe if i hadn't spent so much money on alcohol i would be able to load up the car and take off for a few months.

If you didnt have anything to tie you down, and the funds to do it, what would you do?

that must have been a lot of alcohol. and since im unemployed, have nothing tying me down, and a bit of the fund, id probably do what im doing now. wasting my time here.
but with never never land type of funds, round the world clmbing trip.

bizarrodrinker

Feb 13, 2008, 5:58 AM
Post #5 of 26 (1098 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A year of endless winter followed by a year of endless summer.

Arrogant_Bastard

Feb 13, 2008, 8:51 AM
Post #6 of 26 (1080 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kyleshea] If never never land was real [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

that must have been a lot of alcohol. and since im unemployed, have nothing tying me down, and a bit of the fund, id probably do what im doing now. wasting my time here.

You're unemployed and have funds and you're wasting your time on here?

kyleshea

Feb 13, 2008, 8:54 AM
Post #7 of 26 (1074 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] If never never land was real [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

rain/snow/sleet

im not usually here wasting my time. just when the weather sucks.

kyleshea

Feb 13, 2008, 8:56 AM
Post #8 of 26 (1073 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bizarrodrinker] If never never land was real [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bizarrodrinker wrote:

pay some bills and then lets make that a plan.

Arrogant_Bastard

Feb 13, 2008, 9:09 AM
Post #9 of 26 (1064 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kyleshea wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

rain/snow/sleet

You need to get the hell out of Pennsylvania

bizarrodrinker

Feb 13, 2008, 9:10 AM
Post #10 of 26 (1064 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kyleshea wrote:
bizarrodrinker wrote:

pay some bills and then lets make that a plan.

ITs already in the works bruh

kyleshea

Feb 13, 2008, 9:13 AM
Post #11 of 26 (1060 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

rain/snow/sleet

You need to get the hell out of Pennsylvania

i hear that. pencilgumbya is where i come to see family and friends for a bit. back to bc in the spring. its not so bad biding my time here in the winter, if the frizzle cooperates. not teh case write now. jim climbing anyone?

kachoong

Feb 13, 2008, 9:29 AM
Post #12 of 26 (1052 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Karakoram

kantkatchme

Feb 13, 2008, 11:29 AM
Post #13 of 26 (1028 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

going out at least 3x a week.. sometimes more for almost 2 months.. yes it a lot... some people may say i have a problem... they are probably right...

kyleshea

Feb 13, 2008, 11:32 AM
Post #14 of 26 (1026 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

going out at least 3x a week.. sometimes more for almost 2 months.. yes it a lot... some people may say i have a problem... they are probably right...

the only problem is it keeps you from climbing. sort that shit oot. booze is $$$ in canadia though. which is why i smoke when im up thereSly

kantkatchme

Feb 13, 2008, 11:40 AM
Post #15 of 26 (1021 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

the only problem is it keeps you from climbing. sort that shit oot. booze is $$$ in canadia though. which is why i smoke when im up thereSly

mostly its that i have expensive taste.. i could spend way less... but i happen to like the expensive shit.. and the expensive places...

bizarrodrinker

Feb 13, 2008, 11:42 AM
Post #16 of 26 (1020 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

It is expensive...Before I came down ill I was on month long streak of boozin every night.

Probably why I got sick come to think of it. Natch.

kyleshea

Feb 13, 2008, 11:51 AM
Post #17 of 26 (1011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

mostly its that i have expensive taste.. i could spend way less... but i happen to like the expensive shit.. and the expensive places...

so do you wish you were more frugal so you could climb or would you rather have the good shit? i try to balance the two, but the climbing comes before the good shit.

kantkatchme

Feb 13, 2008, 12:00 PM
Post #18 of 26 (1007 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

so do you wish you were more frugal so you could climb or would you rather have the good shit? i try to balance the two, but the climbing comes before the good shit.
you have a pt. but by now its too late to wish i had done things differently .. maybe next time i will take expensive partying off the top of the list.

kyleshea

Feb 13, 2008, 12:08 PM
Post #19 of 26 (1005 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

you have a pt. but by now its too late to wish i had done things differently .. maybe next time i will take expensive partying off the top of the list.

life withoout regrets and learning for next time? i sense a climbing trip in the distant future.

Arrogant_Bastard

Feb 13, 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #20 of 26 (992 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

life withoout regrets and learning for next time? i sense a climbing trip in the distant future.

I believe that quoting multiple posts is now illegal. Please refrain from such shenanigans or administrative action will have to be taken.

climb_eng

Feb 13, 2008, 1:16 PM
Post #21 of 26 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:

Ha, I'm in the same boat as you... sort of. I handed in my resignation yesterday. I have 6 months free, and enough money to live pretty comfortably for that time. Budgeting will of course be required.

Now, on with the climbing. I'm starting in Josh (in spite of it's chosspileness Crazy) and then going wherever people and experiences take me.

I have a van, a rack, and time. Anyone need a partner for a little while?!?

madriver

Feb 13, 2008, 1:19 PM
Post #22 of 26 (982 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

...LIVING IN nEVER nEVER lAND WAS GREAT UNTIL i GOT SOBER...crap...sorry about the caps...I return every now and then....

tick tock...

MaD

kantkatchme

Feb 13, 2008, 5:51 PM
Post #23 of 26 (966 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

I believe that quoting multiple posts is now illegal. Please refrain from such shenanigans or administrative action will have to be taken.

illegal eh?

kantkatchme

Feb 13, 2008, 5:59 PM
Post #24 of 26 (963 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climb_eng] If never never land was real [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climb_eng wrote:

Ha, I'm in the same boat as you... sort of. I handed in my resignation yesterday. I have 6 months free, and enough money to live pretty comfortably for that time. Budgeting will of course be required.

Now, on with the climbing. I'm starting in Josh (in spite of it's chosspileness Crazy) and then going wherever people and experiences take me.

I have a van, a rack, and time. Anyone need a partner for a little while?!?

thats not the same at all... Smile .. not even sort of.
all of a sudden means fired.. (well i quit on job and had a "your fired" "fine i quit" moment at the other one)
If i had planned on being unemployed i would not have spent the last 2 months drinking my paychecks away. i would have been smart and saved some, so that when the time came to be unemployed i wouldnt have to immediately find a new one to pay next months bills...

bah... i dont know what came over me... i'm sorry... it must be little green monster on my shoulder...

i hope that you have fun in Jtree ..
wish i could be one of those people that you get to climb with..
cheers,
-k

kyleshea

Feb 13, 2008, 7:59 PM
Post #25 of 26 (952 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sorry A_B

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground