stymingersfink

Feb 14, 2008, 2:13 AM
Post #26 of 77 (589 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kantkatchme] mix tapes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:
ignoring the fact that he's making a tape...
how is she going to play the tape?

if someone gave me a tape i wouldnt have anything to do with it...
just a thought ...
it would be far FAR cooler if he were to load it up on a brand new ipod nano, with a broad range of music, several different playlists to suit her anticipated likes, and send it with her.

...but don't listen to me. I'm once divorced, and I shouldn't be encouraging such behavior in someone so young.

Fisrt off: fuggadabout'er.

Secondly: bang her sister (or best friend) while she's away, that's the one sure-fire way to keep her memory close to you while ensuring that she'll NEVER forget you. really, she won't.

Thirdly:always wear a condom. we don't need more little you's running freely about the planet.

Arrogant_Bastard

Feb 14, 2008, 2:20 AM
Post #27 of 77 (586 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:

just a thought ...

There goes my dreams of a V-day romance with kantkatchme.

kantkatchme

Feb 14, 2008, 2:31 AM
Post #28 of 77 (583 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] mix tapes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
kantkatchme wrote:

just a thought ...

There goes my dreams of a V-day romance with kantkatchme.

a tape or tape?
theres lots that can be done with tape...
...er Shocked

(This post was edited by kantkatchme on Feb 14, 2008, 2:34 AM)

petsfed

Feb 14, 2008, 4:45 AM
Post #29 of 77 (570 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petsfed] mix tapes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok, here's what I got so far for our young misguided friend. It's pretty rockin' in the just-graduated-from-high-school-and-thinks-they're-hip sort of way, and will sabotage any relationship that involves people who read too far into lyrics.

It should (just barely) fit onto your standard musical CD, and its not set up for a side break.

1. Kashmir - Led Zeppelin (this song should be on every CD ever produced, so its a good way to start)
2. This Devil's Workday - Modest Mouse
3. Freakish - Saves The Day (basically the antithesis of romantic song, but good nonetheless)
4. Stacked Like That - Chixdiggit! (this song bears the dual honor of being the shortest on the CD, and of being written by a band formed entirely to justify t-shirt sales)
5. Infected - Bad Religion (a good song for the dysfunctional relationship in your life)
6. Ball and Chain - Social Distortion
7. Cacophony - Blink-182
8. Bad Days - The Flaming Lips (this song is one of several reasons to own the Batman Forever soundtrack, an album that is VASTLY superior to the movie it was made for. Considering that Method Man and Seal are on that soundtrack, it really says something about the movie, huh?)
9. Better Off Without A Wife - Tom Waits
10. Come Pick Me Up - Ryan Adams
11. Wave a White Flag - Elvis Costello (nothing says I love you like a song about domestic violence)
12. Layla - Eric Clapton (from the Unplugged album)
13. Your Little Hoodrat Friend - The Hold Steady
14. Death Valley Queen - Flogging Molly ("...So I found me a whore with a face just like yours, after several gallons of porter...")
15. I'm Not Okay (I Promise) - My Chemical Romance (God help me, My Chemical Romance can write a pretty good song every once in a while)
16. Everyday I Love You Less and Less - Kaiser Chiefs
17. Tear You Apart - She Wants Revenge
18. Still Alive - GlaDOS (this is from a video game soundtrack, but a google search will turn up a copy on mp3)

Thoughts?

(This post was edited by petsfed on Feb 14, 2008, 4:49 AM)

uhoh

Feb 14, 2008, 4:55 AM
Post #30 of 77 (564 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] mix tapes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
Urbain22 wrote:
I'm 18 and yes you can still find blank tapes. I'm doing it because i know she would find it really cute. By the way these are the songs I have so far

"You and Me" by Lifehouse
"Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls
"Here With Out You" by 3 Doors Down
"You're All I Have" by Snow Patrol
"Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd

If you have any more suggestions that would be greatly appreciated

none of that shit

Thou shalt do as Cherry commands.

I'd throw Total Eclipse of the Heart on there, some thrash metal, stoner rock/metal, etc.

climbs4fun

Feb 14, 2008, 4:55 AM
Post #31 of 77 (564 views)
Shortcut

Re: [petsfed] mix tapes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

petsfed wrote:
Urbain22 wrote:
I'm 18 and yes you can still find blank tapes. I'm doing it because i know she would find it really cute. By the way these are the songs I have so far

"You and Me" by Lifehouse
"Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls
"Here With Out You" by 3 Doors Down
"You're All I Have" by Snow Patrol
"Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd

If you have any more suggestions that would be greatly appreciated

Given your background, might I also suggest "Suckers" by Reel Big Fish and the first track on the Kaiser Chief's first big cd. I forget the name of the song, but it'd be perfect for this kind of mix tape.

Ah, if only you took our advice without thinking.

Look, kid, she's gonna go away for three months and then she's gonna come back and not be interested in you at all. And you're gonna ignore us right now but in three months time it'll happen anyway.

Given that, start by getting some better taste. Lifehouse? Snow Patrol? The Goo Goo fucking Dolls? Are you serious?

I don't even know where to begin. My best mix tapes are those composed of the music I really liked when I made them.

It doesn't have to be rife with meaning, so long as its good music. Some of the best songs ever written are post-breakup in nature. "Turn On Your Lovelight" and "Mexicali Blues" by the Grateful Dead are perennial favorites, same with "Infected" by Bad Religion.

The version of Perfect Circle's Judith, on the Underworld soundtrack is really good too.

Coin Operated Boy by the Dresden Dolls would just be hilarious. In a similar vein, Ava Adore by the Smashing Pumpkins.

You've woken up my inner music geek man. You brought this on yourself.

I love that song.

climbs4fun

Feb 14, 2008, 5:02 AM
Post #32 of 77 (560 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
bent_gate wrote:
Look man seriously. I've been around awhile. and I have invaluable experience. There are some key tips to keeping a girlfriend.

First of all, you never let on how much you like a girl.

Two, you always call the shots. ex. - "Kiss me. You won't regret itNo I knew that was you pooper, that's where I meant to stick it."

Three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. ex. - "Isn't this great?"

Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. ex. - "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice."

And five, now this is the most important; When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.

Follow this and you can't go wrong. And here is a cool song too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCjm6YwKUrY

fixed that for you.

And you're single? Really?

bizarrodrinker

Feb 14, 2008, 12:26 PM
Post #33 of 77 (540 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bigfatrock] mix tapes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bigfatrock wrote:
If you do something as cheese ball as that you might as well make it a single!

Ben Folds - Song for the Dumped

Actually I was talking to a girl about this the other day, and she considered it a very special and intimate gift.

As far as tunes go (not having any idea what either of you listen too) I would go with some Bouncing Souls, maybe some Sinatra or Elvis (again depending on both of your tastes).

Nickel Creek is a DEFINITE tho.

Maybe some Jack Johnson.

krillen

Feb 14, 2008, 1:41 PM
Post #34 of 77 (535 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bizarrodrinker] mix tapes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Definitely some Cannibal Corpse and Atari Teenage Riot.

bizarrodrinker

Feb 14, 2008, 1:51 PM
Post #35 of 77 (527 views)
Shortcut

Re: [krillen] mix tapes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

krillen wrote:

At that point why not some Chimaira and Hate Breed too.

traddad

Feb 14, 2008, 1:55 PM
Post #36 of 77 (527 views)
Shortcut

Re: [krillen] mix tapes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Is it me or has the term/concept "mix tape" become the latest nod-and-wink inside joke among the tragically hip? I've seen at least 3 or 4 tongue in cheek references to it in the popular media over the last six months or so.

Traddad's rules O' hipness:
a) What's good is good and what's crap is crap...and no ammount of celebrity endorsement/use can change that.

b) When lawyers and accountants start adopting a trend...start looking elsewhere.

c) When a trend starts showing up at NASCAR events, it's time to burn it in the can behind the house you reserve for such occasions.

kyleshea

Feb 14, 2008, 2:42 PM
Post #37 of 77 (518 views)
Shortcut

Re: [traddad] mix tapes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

just go out and get Lovage, Music to make love to your old lady by.

have a great send off night, weekend, whatever, and hope she isnt screwing other guys while listening to it when shes gone. and if she isnt screwing the other guys, you two will have so much pent up sexual energy...well, you will at least.

sorry, didnt want to leave out that she may sleep with girls ass well. this is a wonderful age of exploration.

kyleshea

Feb 14, 2008, 2:50 PM
Post #38 of 77 (515 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kyleshea] mix tapes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

or you could try some zappa songs;

dinah moe humm
broken hearts are for assholes (dont fool yourself girl, gonna ram in it your poop chute)
carolina hard core ecstasy
i aint got no heart
go cry on somebody elses shoulder
crew slut
dont you ever wash that thing

just to get you started

wjca

Feb 14, 2008, 4:23 PM
Post #39 of 77 (501 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kyleshea wrote:

sorry, didnt want to leave out that she may sleep with girls ass well. this is a wonderful age of exploration.

Hey, now who doesn't like to sleep with some girls ass?

And Petsfed, your mixed tape should most certainly include Roxanne by the Police.

krillen

Feb 14, 2008, 4:36 PM
Post #40 of 77 (498 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bizarrodrinker] mix tapes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bizarrodrinker wrote:
krillen wrote:

At that point why not some Chimaira and Hate Breed too.

mmmm...now nothin' says lovin' like Hate breed....

petsfed

Feb 14, 2008, 5:07 PM
Post #41 of 77 (489 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wjca] mix tapes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
kyleshea wrote:

Hey, now who doesn't like to sleep with some girls ass?

And Petsfed, your mixed tape should most certainly include Roxanne by the Police.

I'm still modifying, it was a first draft. I did throw in "Suckers" by Reel Big Fish, and dropped "Still Alive" and swapped out one Chixdiggit song for another.

maww

Feb 14, 2008, 5:35 PM
Post #42 of 77 (478 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] mix tapes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbs4fun wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
bent_gate wrote:
Look man seriously. I've been around awhile. and I have invaluable experience. There are some key tips to keeping a girlfriend.

Two, you always call the shots. ex. - "Kiss me. You won't regret itNo I knew that was you pooper, that's where I meant to stick it."

Three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. ex. - "Isn't this great?"

Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. ex. - "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice."

And five, now this is the most important; When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.

fixed that for you.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

sgauss

Feb 14, 2008, 5:42 PM
Post #43 of 77 (474 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kantkatchme wrote:

just a thought ...

Seriously. It's a new millenium. Shouldn't you be making an iPod playlist?

kyleshea

Feb 14, 2008, 5:42 PM
Post #44 of 77 (474 views)
Shortcut

Re: [maww] mix tapes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

maww wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
bent_gate wrote:

fixed that for you.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

dont knock it till ya try it Wink

Mrs_Zeke

Feb 14, 2008, 5:47 PM
Post #45 of 77 (468 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

maww wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
bent_gate wrote:

fixed that for you.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

Some girls like a sense of adventure, and a sense of humor.

maww

Feb 14, 2008, 5:47 PM
Post #46 of 77 (467 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well the "pooper" part isn't the big deal - that first tip about never letting a girl know how much you like her is what I'm referring to. Wink

Perhaps in the beginning you shouldn't let on too too much. But after you've been dating for awhile she's gonna ditch your **s if she can't figure out if you are interested or not.

I get the not wanting to appear desperate thing but at some point she better know or someone else is gonna step up & treat her right.

wjca

Feb 14, 2008, 5:53 PM
Post #47 of 77 (459 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kyleshea wrote:
maww wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
bent_gate wrote:

fixed that for you.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

You've let A_B stick it in your pooper, eh? Was he gentle or aggressive about it?

bizarrodrinker

Feb 14, 2008, 5:54 PM
Post #48 of 77 (458 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

maww wrote:
Well the "pooper" part isn't the big deal - that first tip about never letting a girl know how much you like her is what I'm referring to. Wink

Perhaps in the beginning you shouldn't let on too too much. But after you've been dating for awhile she's gonna ditch your **s if she can't figure out if you are interested or not.

I get the not wanting to appear desperate thing but at some point she better know or someone else is gonna step up & treat her right.

I believe the expression still remains... "to dickstab in the fartbox."

That said...

Ya gotta find out if the girl is even attracted to you before letting on that you like her. Otherwise you can treat her right all you want and will never make it past just being friends.

Plus you've wasted your time and energy.

Arrogant_Bastard

Feb 14, 2008, 5:58 PM
Post #49 of 77 (453 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wjca] mix tapes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wjca wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
maww wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
bent_gate wrote:

fixed that for you.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

You've let A_B stick it in your pooper, eh? Was he gentle or aggressive about it?

I'm gentle yet firm lover.

kyleshea

Feb 14, 2008, 6:12 PM
Post #50 of 77 (444 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
wjca wrote:
kyleshea wrote:
maww wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
bent_gate wrote:

fixed that for you.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

I'm gentle yet firm lover.

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
i believe the quoting of multiple posts is now illegal. Please refrain from such shenanigans or administrative action wil have to be taken.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook