RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

adamfox

Mar 5, 2008, 3:52 AM
Post #1 of 2 (435 views)
Shortcut

‘Clients’ needed for AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Assessments
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I run American Mountain Guides Association (AMGA) Single Pitch Instructor Courses and Assessments in the Southeast, mainly around the Asheville region of NC and I am looking for climbers that wish to play the roll of ‘client’ for the assessment process. The AMGA SPI Assessment is two days long and the examinee on day two (normally a Sunday) has to instruct climbers at a single pitch climbing area for the day. This used to be done by ‘instructing’ the other candidates in the exam but it is a vastly improved situation when the people they are instructing are not part of the examination. So I have started to ask past clients, university students and a like to come along for the second day to act as clients with great success. Of course there is no charge to the people playing client.

This is a great opportunity for recreational climbers to help out with this process, see an AMGA examination and learn more about the AMGA and get a day of climbing instruction in as well! The candidates have to run a group single pitch day which includes climbs (base and top managed sites), rappelling and rescue/assistance components as well as teach a minimum of one pre determined lesson to the group. I need no more than six clients for each date so it will be on a first come first served basis. Here are the upcoming dates:

Sunday March 9th Looking Glass Rock, NC
Sunday April 20th Looking Glass Rock, NC
Sunday May 18th Looking Glass Rock, NC

More dates will be added here later:
http://www.foxmountainguides.com/...ion_Course_Dates.htm

Please email me at: adam(at)foxmountainguides.com if you wish to sign up to attend.

truello

Mar 7, 2008, 9:38 AM
Post #2 of 2 (393 views)
Shortcut

Re: [adamfox] ‘Clients’ needed for AMGA Single Pitch Instructor Assessments [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Do you know what area/routes you are using on March 9? Blush

(This post was edited by truello on Mar 7, 2008, 9:39 AM)

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook