RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

acboulder

Mar 10, 2008, 7:13 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1152 views)
Shortcut

must do's/ classics in the west
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Planning on taking several trips this spring and summer and wanted to know what people thought would be must do's in AZ, northern and central CA, NV, UT. For example I'm a socal local so jtree: stem gem, snl, w.rasta, caveman, jbmfp... blk mtn: fallen arch, greenie, ok arete, basin dyno... Anything from V0 to V7 giving some representation of the area, history, quality, or just your favs. Much appreciated!

reginald805

Mar 11, 2008, 4:32 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1078 views)
Shortcut

Re: [acboulder] must do's/ classics in the west [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yosemite: get it up, the king, athletes die young, circuit breaker, root canal. Lost rocks(Humboldt county):the flake.there isnt a guide to lost rocks but if you go out there it will be obvious. Bishop:jedi mind tricks, fly boy, the hulk.Bachar boulders out by mammoth are cool.Santa barbara has good sandstone at the brickyard.if it rains, let it dry for at least a week.

michal104

Mar 11, 2008, 4:48 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1067 views)
Shortcut

Re: [acboulder] must do's/ classics in the west [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would second Get it Up and The King at Yosemite and add The Octagon to the list (and they're all in the same area).

Castle Rock is always fun if you're tired of crimping granite. Just go to the the Magoos area or the Parking Lot boulder....pretty much everything is good. Look for Hueco Wall (V5), Yabo Roof (V5), and Bate's Arete (V4) in particular.

The Buttermilks are amazing. The Hunk (V2), Green Wall (V3?), and High Plains Drifter (V7) should not be missed.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook