charley

Mar 11, 2008, 12:22 PM
Post #1 of 345 (1826 views)
Shortcut

NO COFFEE HERE
Report this Post
Can't Post

CLOSED FOR EXTERMINATION and painting. cya

(This post was edited by charley on Mar 25, 2008, 11:53 AM)

imnotclever

Mar 11, 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #2 of 345 (1823 views)
Shortcut

Re: [charley] duh... coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I had to do that same damn thing this morning. Kept thinking it was Wednesday. Gonna be a long day.

On a bright note, it's warm here, well 30° at 7:00. That looks good for the day. Maybe a little sun, and we'd be good to go.

bigfatrock

Mar 11, 2008, 1:15 PM
Post #3 of 345 (1820 views)
Shortcut

Re: [imnotclever] duh... coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

To tired to even post this morni...............

uhoh

Mar 11, 2008, 1:51 PM
Post #4 of 345 (1816 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bigfatrock] duh... coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bigfatrock wrote:

I don't even know if I'll be able to finish a se

Partner epoch

Mar 11, 2008, 2:31 PM
Post #5 of 345 (1805 views)
Shortcut

Re: [uhoh] duh... coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

uhoh wrote:
bigfatrock wrote:

I don't even know if I'll be able to finish a se

I'm going skiing again this morning. The goods are good. I'll see ...

Need coffee today...

My Travels

binrat

Mar 11, 2008, 2:47 PM
Post #6 of 345 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] duh... coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning everybody;
No coffee for me, just back from the dentist. Upper lip, and 1/2 of my nose frozen still. Meet up with GG last night in the gym. My climbing still sucks on longer routesUnsure. My normal gym is only 22 feet high so once I got to the gym in Hamilton, I died, just plain sucked.

Binrat

kantkatchme

Mar 11, 2008, 3:18 PM
Post #7 of 345 (1794 views)
Shortcut

Re: [binrat] duh... coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I could use some caffeine.

so I have a question for espresso drinkers. If i were to go to a coffee shop how would I ask for just espresso. Does it come in sizes? or do you just ask for a shot of espresso? I used to get all those "fancy" drinks with espresso, but really all I want is the espresso, the steamed milk, caramel flavor are all sort of unnecessary ...

jumpingrock

Mar 11, 2008, 3:31 PM
Post #8 of 345 (1791 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kantkatchme] duh... coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning everybody. Been a while since I last posted here. Just wanted to point everybody to the general forum where I have a thread dedicated to my recently released video game Sim Climber. Seems people are having trouble installing it, which sucks cause it's worked on the machines that I've tested it on. Anyway, if anybody can make it run, it's really cool :-)

Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJduDZxX8QE

Partner macherry

Mar 11, 2008, 3:34 PM
Post #9 of 345 (1787 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jumpingrock] duh... coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

morning everyone. what day is it? does it matter? Sorry, but my days are blending.

i'll have a coffee

pbnjonny

Mar 11, 2008, 3:38 PM
Post #10 of 345 (1786 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jumpingrock] duh... coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning. Bacon is sizzling and eggs should be done soon. Then its time to get dressed and hit all the runs I missed yesterday.Smile I'm out at Breckenridge skiing all week and I must say, it is much better than all my East coast skiing (which is only at a few local spots).

uhoh

Mar 11, 2008, 3:55 PM
Post #11 of 345 (1780 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pbnjonny] duh... coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pbnjonny wrote:
Morning. Bacon is sizzling and eggs should be done soon. Then its time to get dressed and hit all the runs I missed yesterday.Smile I'm out at Breckenridge skiing all week and I must say, it is much better than all my East coast skiing (which is only at a few local spots).

Bacon?! MEAT IS MURDER!

Crazy

Binrat, I feel you on the long routes problem. Our wall is only about 28 - 30 feet tall. I'm hoping that doing long chains of climbing will help my endurance before I hit up RRC.

krillen

Mar 11, 2008, 3:55 PM
Post #12 of 345 (1780 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

lerking.

Binrat - did GG run you ragged?

pbnjonny

Mar 11, 2008, 4:07 PM
Post #13 of 345 (1774 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

uhoh wrote:
pbnjonny wrote:

Bacon?! MEAT IS MURDER!

Crazy

Binrat, I feel you on the long routes problem. Our wall is only about 28 - 30 feet tall. I'm hoping that doing long chains of climbing will help my endurance before I hit up RRC.

delicious murder.

I have the same problem in gyms too, the wall at school is only 25 ft. Every now and then I try to get in a set of 4x4s.

uhoh

Mar 11, 2008, 4:14 PM
Post #14 of 345 (1769 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pbnjonny wrote:
uhoh wrote:
pbnjonny wrote:

Bacon?! MEAT IS MURDER!

Crazy

delicious murder.

I have the same problem in gyms too, the wall at school is only 25 ft. Every now and then I try to get in a set of 4x4s.

4x4s?

maww

Mar 11, 2008, 4:41 PM
Post #15 of 345 (1760 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Morning peeps. Could use some more coffee too thanks.

Took yesterday off and spent the day reading, studying (copywriters are always studying, improving and learning...it's vital to our world) and meeting with a potential client.

And I spent some time talking with TX about our relationship. It seems his girls are very opposed to having me in their home and he is struggling with it. So lots of talking, transitioning and changing which also means plenty of stress for everyone involved. We are looking for the best ways to minimize that stress and allow "us" to develop.

On second thought forget the coffee, I need likker. Or I may just go off to a corner & meditate for awhile. That always helps.

robbovius

Mar 11, 2008, 5:45 PM
Post #16 of 345 (1751 views)
Shortcut

Re: [maww] duh... coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

maww wrote:
And I spent some time talking with TX about our relationship. It seems his girls are very opposed to having me in their home and he is struggling with it. So lots of talking, transitioning and changing which also means plenty of stress for everyone involved. We are looking for the best ways to minimize that stress and allow "us" to develop.

Maww, haveing ben thru that situation fromboth sides, the only solution for that is time. his daughte3rs will have to become accustomed to you being around, and are naturally unaccepting since you present a threat to their mom ( even though you're not). as an example in my own case, my son detests my ex's BF, even though he's a decent guy, and has been good to cody, simply because his mom shoved the BF down his throat right from the beginning - boyfriend in the home sleeping over from the minute I moved out, like that.

with Pam's daughter, I have been very circumspect, and careful not to invade her space. when she's home from school I don't sleep over, same for my place when Cody's home...

maintaining constancy is important. if yo0u are simply there, as part of their dad's life, eventually they'll become accustomed to you and it'll be easier.

CAVEAT: every kid is different and one may become more friendly than the other. there's really nothing you or he can do about it to change their minds or speed up acceptance. and , as the adults, YOU two are the ones who have to accept and concede ground at times.

aniother thing that really alienated my son, was his mom laying guitl trips on him about his initial dislike of David. she'd tell him (as I heard from his sisters adn he) "DON'T I get to be happy?". numbskull... and she wonders why Cody doesn't call her much.

(This post was edited by robbovius on Mar 11, 2008, 5:47 PM)

carabiner96

Mar 11, 2008, 5:52 PM
Post #17 of 345 (1745 views)
Shortcut

Re: [robbovius] duh... coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Just drove all of the way to Smuggs this morning, got there, and found out the voucher lift tickets we had won were expired. Blah.

Going out to see "There Will Be Blood" Instead, maybe followed by some bowling? who knows, its a wild and crazy spring break for me!

maww

Mar 11, 2008, 6:00 PM
Post #18 of 345 (1745 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks hun. I appreciate your input - I don't have many friends who have blended families so TX and I are in new ground here. At times I feel I'm in over my head a bit.

I completely agree with you - time, time and time. And yes they want their parents back together - that's natural.

And he's taking that part really hard - balancing their feelings with our relationship while keeping everyone feeling safe, secure and connected. The last thing either of us want is to isolate his daughters.

As I've explained to him, I completely understand what his girls are feeling; I'm a child of divorced parents and my dad remarried. Long story short - I lived with my dad growing up so when my stepmom came along, it was a big change that I did NOT take to very well. There are a lot of things I would change about my experience with my stepmom and this is a wonderful opportunity for me to learn from my own childhood and hopefully make it easier for his girls.

Thank you for your examples - I would not sleep over at his house when his daughters were there. It's their home and I respect that. There will be no forcing of anything and their needs will come first.

Wow. I wouldn't call her either if she were my mom. Definitely not a loving thing to say to your child - that's some crap guilt trip. My birth mother was/is the same way. I'm sorry your kids have to go through that. Unsure

arrettinator

Mar 11, 2008, 6:16 PM
Post #19 of 345 (1740 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Afternoon yinz.
Boss is away for 2 weeks.
Slow yet busy.
At least I won't freeze for a couple weeks.

robbovius

Mar 11, 2008, 6:39 PM
Post #20 of 345 (1728 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

maww wrote:
And he's taking that part really hard - balancing their feelings with our relationship while keeping everyone feeling safe, secure and connected. The last thing either of us want is to isolate his daughters.

I completely identify. MY son was the one who has had the hardest time accepting the breakup, and I think he'll someday need some counselling to work it out. I always tried to remind him that people sometimes dont' stay together for life, and that's simply part of how each person's life progresses. each pairbond is a gamble, really, on it's permanence.

that doesn't mean that there weren't good times with me and her, becasue of course there were, and we each still take joy in our kids' successes and achievements, and are happy to be their parents and love them. I probably do more of the telling than she does, becuase that's how my parent were, and her parents, especially her mom (an abusive alky) weren't so demonstrative. her dad's a great guy, I wish he lived closer than nebraska
because I think he'd be a really good influence for Cody.

glad to be part of your support system, Maww.

maww

Mar 11, 2008, 6:47 PM
Post #21 of 345 (1725 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes counseling helps for sure. Being open and honest is essential of course and you obviously do that for him. Good for you! You're a good father - heaven knows we could use a lot more like you. :)

There are always good times parents share or they would not have created their kids. I have to admit as an "outsider" this isn't always the easiest thing to embrace - your SO's X and past with the X.

Thank you, I really need it right now. He's still talking about ending things if we can't make more time. I am hoping to make this relationship long-term and committed so say a prayer for us if you can.

pbnjonny

Mar 11, 2008, 9:25 PM
Post #22 of 345 (1714 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

uhoh wrote:
pbnjonny wrote:
uhoh wrote:
pbnjonny wrote:

Bacon?! MEAT IS MURDER!

Crazy

delicious murder.

4x4s?
you and your partner pick 4 routes, you climb one 4 times, then your partner climbs it 4 times, then move to the next one you picked.

binrat

Mar 11, 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #23 of 345 (1711 views)
Shortcut

Re: [krillen] duh... coffee [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

krillen wrote:
lerking.

Binrat - did GG run you ragged?

She is a strong climber on the overhanging stuff, of course that is where I suck.

robbovius

Mar 12, 2008, 2:26 AM
Post #24 of 345 (1696 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

maww wrote:
Yes counseling helps for sure. Being open and honest is essential of course and you obviously do that for him. Good for you! You're a good father - heaven knows we could use a lot more like you. :)
thanks Maww, I try to do right by them. I'm not in anyway perfect and have many regrets. its my greatest blessing that they have adn are turning out as good as I could ever have hoped.

In reply to:
There are always good times parents share or they would not have created their kids. I have to admit as an "outsider" this isn't always the easiest thing to embrace - your SO's X and past with the X.

but remember, the operative word there is "past". that was then, this is now. you've had happy times in the past wioth other guys right? those past times don't mean anything as to how this new pair bond will turn out.

In reply to:
Thank you, I really need it right now. He's still talking about ending things if we can't make more time. I am hoping to make this relationship long-term and committed so say a prayer for us if you can.

tell him he's a silly boy, and being patient means the rewards will be great, and he'll regret if he acts hastily. " maybe we can't make it work the way we'd wish it to be, now, but we can make it work the way it is..." dig?

prayers, vibes, an appeal to the oracle... done. ;-)

maww

Mar 12, 2008, 3:11 AM
Post #25 of 345 (1692 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That is all any parent ever hopes for! With love, patience and guidance our kids grow up to be wonderful people. Yours are doing just the same. :)

Agreed on the past and Xs. I do worry that his X wants him back..that will make his X and his girls who all want a reconciliation.

He just wants to be sure he is being fair and I respect that. To me the least fair thing he could do at this point is to give up and I've expressed that.

There are ways to make things work and to be moving towards that vision of what we want. Just one step at a time and with lots of patience and a positive attitude, things will flow better.

Thank you for all the well wishes - obviously this is something & someone I am passionate about so I do appreciate all the help! Thank you.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook