RSS FeedRSS Feeds for The Ladies' Room

Premier Sponsor:

climberchic

Oct 28, 2002, 5:23 AM
Post #1 of 3 (930 views)
Shortcut

Aid Climbing and Cramps
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey Amber

You should try going to your ob-gyn. That (pain-wise) sounds like ovarian cysts to me. I was rushed to the emergency room twice by my mom who thought I had appendicitis because the pain was so great.

No cure, but you can shrink the size of the cysts, which will reduce the chance of them rupturing, with birth control pills.

~Erica

Partner calamity_chk

Oct 28, 2002, 3:04 AM
Post #2 of 3 (930 views)
Shortcut

Aid Climbing and Cramps [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Okay, last weekend, I had a fantastic experience learning to aid climb and on the way home, I had the most excruitating cramps ever; it honestly felt like the first few hours of labor. This was particularly odd because: a) it wasnt time for my normal cycle and b) I normally dont have cramps at all.

It happened too early after climbing (probly ~5hrs) to be considered DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) and wasnt really the "achey feeling" characteristic of DOMS, it was full-on and incredibly intense cramping.

Though it finally quit after a brief break (thanks again to the gracious host for stopping) and tons of Iburprophen, I havent been able to shake the weirdness of the experience. Free climbing (sport nor trad) have never made me cramp like this. My only guess is that it was jugging god-awful lengths of rope.

Have any other women out there who've aided had any sort of weird cramping afterwards?

Partner calamity_chk

Oct 28, 2002, 5:45 PM
Post #3 of 3 (930 views)
Shortcut

Aid Climbing and Cramps [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

hey there my favorite alter-ego ..

excellent point on the cysts. i have a small cyst on my left ovary that i tend to forget about until i do something stupid (like spending an entire day jugging a rope) to irritate it. of course, even then, it didnt occur to me that the cyst might be causing the problem.

for other women with cysts, i highly dont recommend my way of remembering the cysts .. it honestly felt like labor pains. again, this was after spending darn-near the entire day jugging a rope, free climbing has never bothered me.

best,
amber

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook