Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

richardvg03

Apr 18, 2008, 5:09 AM
Post #26 of 194 (10442 views)
Shortcut

Re: [aje963] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Here's an idea... invite her to go climbing with you... it works like a champ... they fall in love with climbing first (don't get jelouse) and then they have to hang out with you because youre the only one they know who climbs... and things go from there ;) Works every time... also take up slacklining... that works like a champ!

Partner hosh

Apr 18, 2008, 5:19 AM
Post #27 of 194 (10431 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Ains] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ains wrote:
girls don't care about rock climbing and if they do it's because they climb because a boyfriend got them into it-plain and simple

Funny. I have surfed my whole life until I met my wife. She was a climber, and I got into climbing because she was a climber. Now I'm way into climbing and she's kind of "take it or leave it" since she's had our kid.

hosh.

eXtreMuffin

Apr 18, 2008, 7:24 AM
Post #28 of 194 (10390 views)
Shortcut

Re: [richardvg03] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

maybe you should start thinking of girls not a whole but as individuals themselves. not all girls will like rock climbing, but not all guys will either. you just have to find the right girl for you. just keep looking, and by the way, any girl that acts like someone who retared and dosent know anything and hates the outdoors.. well you should just ignore them and pass on by. go find a girl worth while.

Partner epoch

Apr 18, 2008, 11:02 AM
Post #29 of 194 (10361 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
To interject some seriousness here.

I have been making a concerted effort to only chase non-climbing women the last several months. While nothing has "stuck" just yet, I will say that I've enjoyed the dates, the company, and the conversation of these average non-climbers so much more. Now that I'm ignoring the climbing women, my dates are so much better!!!

So as a dedicated climber who will never ever stop, for me, I want a non-climber (I'll probably see a total hottie at the gym tomorrow and completely change my stance).
Angry, don't the ladies chase you?

granite_grrl

Apr 18, 2008, 11:39 AM
Post #30 of 194 (10342 views)
Shortcut

Re: [richardvg03] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

richardvg03 wrote:
Here's an idea... invite her to go climbing with you... it works like a champ... they fall in love with climbing first (don't get jelouse) and then they have to hang out with you because youre the only one they know who climbs... and things go from there ;) Works every time... also take up slacklining... that works like a champ!

Um, yeah....work every time. :roll:

In my experiance most girls will go climbing with you only because they want to spend time with you. Once they have you on the hook they stop being so "interested" in climbing and still want to spend as much time with you. Its a good way to kill your own climbing life.

Find a chick who's in to competitive triathalons, or mountain biking, or...or something that keeps them as busy as your climbing keeps you.

bizarrodrinker

Apr 18, 2008, 11:48 AM
Post #31 of 194 (10341 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

HA! you're trying to pick up girls by talking about climbing. You might as well talk about [insert boring topic here] and watch their eyes wander looking for someone else to talk too.

It doesn't work on ANY girl that doesn't climb.

I mean at least with girls that do climb you already have something in common, but even thenit is by no means a given.

To girls that don't climb, you are either crazy or boring. To the ones that do you are a dime a dozen cause tho its an increasing among women, a lot more males climb than females. So you better have something else going for you.

Partner j_ung

Apr 18, 2008, 11:59 AM
Post #32 of 194 (10332 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
jt512 wrote:
camhead wrote:
that said, the original poster sounds like he took up climbing in order to get chicks (which is always a bad idea), and now he is disappointed that it does not get him bar-fly cred.

More likely, he took up posting to catch fish, and I doubt he is disappointed.

Jay

oh goddammit. I'm losing my judgement.

Get used to losing things, Paul. We grow until we're around 25, and then we slowly deteriorate and decompose until we're soil.

Frown Oh, what's the use?!

Wait, I forgot. The point of it all is to get with girls. Duh.

on_belay_hombre

Apr 18, 2008, 12:04 PM
Post #33 of 194 (10330 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You've got it all wrong...Crotch Rockets are for pansies...Dirt bikes are where it's at!Cool

That being said, about 90% of my relationships have been with climbers. I like climbers 'cause they're fit and motivated about at least one thing.

I guess the same can be said about other similar activities but so far climbing has proved the most convenient...Tongue

MikeSaint

Apr 18, 2008, 12:05 PM
Post #34 of 194 (10327 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

aje963 wrote:
I've been climbing for about a year now and consider climbing a large part of my life. However, every time I tell a girl that I'm a climber, they usually respond with a "yeah, that's cool" and then go on to talk about themselves and what-not. Do girls not consider climbers to be badass enough to get with? I guarantee you that if I told a girl that I ride a crotch rocket they'd instantly become wet with anticipation. Anyone else experienced this sort of situation?

Do you climb just because you think its a good way to get girls?

weatherm

Apr 18, 2008, 12:39 PM
Post #35 of 194 (10297 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just get a few polo shirts, sweater, loafers, drink beer, watch football, and devolop a belly. In that order. Its what 98% of the girls go for or at least the ones that talk about themselves. Shallow! Climb hard, ballsy, and be yourself, the right girl will come around. Mine did and married her after a runout 70ft 5.8+ RX pitch.

gothcopter

Apr 18, 2008, 12:39 PM
Post #36 of 194 (10296 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
Rock climbers don't vibrate when you rev them up.

What about the Elvis leg?

silentwarior125

Apr 18, 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #37 of 194 (10281 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

aje963 wrote:
I tell a girl that I'm a climber, they usually respond with a "yeah, that's cool" and then go on to talk about themselves and what-not. Do girls not consider climbers to be badass enough to get with? I guarantee you that if I told a girl that I ride a crotch rocket . Anyone else experienced this sort of situation?

I dont see your point. I am a climber AND ride a crotch rocket now the fact of the matter is I am who I am and if a girl doesnt like me then not my deal. I can always go climb or ride( riding to the crag and going climbing wins).
good luck on the chase
p.s. what type of girls are you after that arent interested in rock climbing sounds to me like if you get one and they arent interested in YOUR sport then to stay with them you will have to bail on climbing all together.

CLIMBER CHICKS RULE what else is there to look forward to on a long belay or on a highball spot

drunkenhighball

Apr 18, 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #38 of 194 (10277 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! I'm giving this my nomination for Best Thread of 2008. I know it is only April, but this is classic.Cool

jmvc

Apr 18, 2008, 1:06 PM
Post #39 of 194 (10267 views)
Shortcut

Re: [drunkenhighball] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

drunkenhighball wrote:
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! I'm giving this my nomination for Best Thread of 2008. I know it is only April, but this is classic.Cool

Yes indeed, I thought sev's contribution was particularly amusing, I had too check that his nick wasn't subtle..

That one about barechested climbers in the gym was good too though..

D33RHUNT3R

Apr 18, 2008, 1:13 PM
Post #40 of 194 (10258 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

aje963 wrote:
I've been climbing for about a year now and consider climbing a large part of my life. However, every time I tell a girl that I'm a climber, they usually respond with a "yeah, that's cool" and then go on to talk about themselves and what-not. Do girls not consider climbers to be badass enough to get with? I guarantee you that if I told a girl that I ride a crotch rocket they'd instantly become wet with anticipation. Anyone else experienced this sort of situation?

You have got to be kidding Laugh...or your just a kid...

I dont know what GIRLS like .. But women on the other hand want a MAN not a boy... and what you ride ,climb or otherwise is going to impress them enough to drop their panties ... Get real...
"If ya want in a girls panties act like thats the last thing you want"...

If a girl or a Woman thinks all you want is in her pants you can bet thats the LAST thing you going to get in ... Laugh
And trust me they can sense a lil boy drooling a mile away... and your done before you even get started ...

(This post was edited by D33RHUNT3R on Apr 18, 2008, 2:17 PM)

lofstromc

Apr 18, 2008, 1:20 PM
Post #41 of 194 (10249 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

aje963 wrote:

As I was reading this post, I got a little wet!!!
Does that help??

jonzoclimber

Apr 18, 2008, 2:04 PM
Post #42 of 194 (10220 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just roll up the sleaves and show the forearms dude. Unless that is that girlyman forearms, and then the prob is that they simply dont believe you. bwhaha

gothcopter

Apr 18, 2008, 2:26 PM
Post #43 of 194 (10198 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jonzoclimber] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jonzoclimber wrote:
Just roll up the sleaves and show the forearms dude.

I don't know, man. Popeye's forearms were ripped, yet all he ever managed to land was that anorexic skank Olive Oyl...

jonzoclimber

Apr 18, 2008, 2:28 PM
Post #44 of 194 (10192 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gothcopter] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It was the 50's... Things were different then. Plus he probably had lead poisoning from all those old cans of spinach.

blueeyedclimber

Apr 18, 2008, 2:29 PM
Post #45 of 194 (10189 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jonzoclimber] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It has nothing to do with WHAT you do...It's how you make them feel. If you think that you will get chicks by taking off you shirt, exposing your back and abs or by telling someone you rock climb, then be prepared for a lot of lonely nights.Crazy

jdouble

Apr 18, 2008, 2:39 PM
Post #46 of 194 (10176 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Did you have any luck with the ladies before climbing?

bizarrodrinker

Apr 18, 2008, 2:40 PM
Post #47 of 194 (10174 views)
Shortcut

Re: [blueeyedclimber] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

blueeyedclimber wrote:
It has nothing to do with WHAT you do...It's how you make them feel. If you think that you will get chicks by taking off you shirt, exposing your back and abs or by telling someone you rock climb, then be prepared for a lot of lonely nights.Crazy

And a lot of shallow bitches. They're not worth it man.

In fact they make you wish you were still single.

Gmburns2000

Apr 18, 2008, 2:42 PM
Post #48 of 194 (10174 views)
Shortcut

Re: Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Eh, I don't know. I think Popeye and Olive Oil were gettin' in on offstage. That's why Brutus' acting was so realistic, because he was pissed.

But seriously, when I've gone on dates and girls have asked, "what do you do for fun," they seem interested when I tell them that I climb. Some are more interested than others. I have actually found it difficult to not talk about climbing sometimes, so I don't know where this whole "climbing is boring" thing is coming from. In fact, I try to not even bring it up at work because I know people (guys and girls) are always going to ask me about it. So I think the sport is interesting to people in general. I've never encountered someone who was totally dismissive.

In short, it must be your approach.

circello

Apr 18, 2008, 3:03 PM
Post #49 of 194 (10143 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This thread delivers.

Partner happiegrrrl

Apr 18, 2008, 3:05 PM
Post #50 of 194 (10140 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Do girls like rock climbers? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

As for the OP being a troll...well....of course.

99.999% of the threads and posts on this site are trolls. If everyone responded by calling out a troll, the site would be much more boring than it actually is. And so....we pretend.

On the other hand....It's Frid DAY and in a few hours I'll be loading up my dog and gear and off to my first day of the season(here in NY; I already did my pre-season kickoff trip).

It's supposed to be 75 degrees and sunny - wooohooooooooo! YAY for climbing season!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook