Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

majid_sabet

May 13, 2008, 7:31 PM
Post #76 of 145 (3720 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

angry wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
5 feet of rope, 30 feet of rap on commonly use rapping device (atc, 8..) . and you carry my ass up on 1/2 dome.

DEAL

Well if that's what you want. My offer was to actually carry you UP Half Dome. That's how certain I am that this won't work.

I am doing HD this summer so 12 pack of Corona and large pizza in in Yos next time

How about that ?

irregularpanda

May 13, 2008, 7:33 PM
Post #77 of 145 (3711 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
angry wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
5 feet of rope, 30 feet of rap on commonly use rapping device (atc, 8..) . and you carry my ass up on 1/2 dome.

DEAL

Well if that's what you want. My offer was to actually carry you UP Half Dome. That's how certain I am that this won't work.

I am doing HD this summer so 12 pack of Corona and large pizza in in Yos next time

How about that ?

Pizza pizza, beer beer, ass ass, upp upp, first first, fun fun. grammar grammar.

Partner angry

May 13, 2008, 7:34 PM
Post #78 of 145 (3708 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
angry wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:

DEAL

How about that ?

Well first you need to actually succeed and prove that you succeeded.

But sure, name your terms. I'll chop Bachar-Yerian on lead in your name if you want...

WVUCLMBR

May 13, 2008, 7:39 PM
Post #79 of 145 (3694 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So majid post his proof and we get to vote....get to work Majid.

Valarc

May 13, 2008, 7:42 PM
Post #80 of 145 (3693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
So here is your challenge. With 5 feet of rope, you need to rap 30 feet freehanging. You can use any gear, rap device, or whatever you'd like. The only restriction is that it has to work on the first try. You won't make it. I am as certain of this as I am certain that I could free solo your hardest climb before I do my warmup.

This is usually the part of the discussion where majid abandons his latest batshit-insane assertion and moves onto his next batshit-insane assertion. When called upon to prove that his ridiculous claims are true, he invariably backs out and shuts his spray-spouter for a few weeks until he can chime in on some other thread with some other idiotic idea.

As others in this thread have said, majid, you've repeatedly put forth these outlandish scenarios and your incredibly unlikely "solution" to them and repeatedly been called upon to put up or shut up. Don't you think it's about time you did everyone on this site a huge favor and SHUT THE FUCK UP before you get someone killed trying your retarded ideas?

irregularpanda

May 13, 2008, 7:46 PM
Post #81 of 145 (3682 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Valarc] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Valarc wrote:
angry wrote:
So here is your challenge. With 5 feet of rope, you need to rap 30 feet freehanging. You can use any gear, rap device, or whatever you'd like. The only restriction is that it has to work on the first try. You won't make it. I am as certain of this as I am certain that I could free solo your hardest climb before I do my warmup.

This is usually the part of the discussion where majid abandons his latest batshit-insane assertion and moves onto his next batshit-insane assertion. When called upon to prove that his ridiculous claims are true, he invariably backs out and shuts his spray-spouter for a few weeks until he can chime in on some other thread with some other idiotic idea.

As others in this thread have said, majid, you've repeatedly put forth these outlandish scenarios and your incredibly unlikely "solution" to them and repeatedly been called upon to put up or shut up. Don't you think it's about time you did everyone on this site a huge favor and SHUT THE FUCK UP before you get someone killed trying your retarded ideas?

Agreed. Usually he doesn't shut up until a moderator steps in and says exactly what you just did.

dutyje

May 13, 2008, 7:49 PM
Post #82 of 145 (3678 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
in Nov of 2004, a big wall climber was found fronzen to death ,less than 20 feet of the Zodiac base cause his rap rope ended up been too short.

Why his rope was short ?

Cause he jammed his jummar 5 pitches up and had to cut a section of his rope to free it and ended up coming up short.

I don't recall hearing anything about this... couldn't find anything on it in a search.

So let me get this straight.. some partnerless climber chops his rope because he jammed his ascender while jugging up a very popular aid route. Eventually, he decides to bail and so is stuck rapping the route. He ends up caught 20 feet off the deck because he doesn't have enough rope.

What did he do with the rope and jumar he chopped? He managed to get stuck above the base of the most popular route on El Cap and stay there long enough to freeze to death before anybody found him?

Did he choose to bail without any of his other gear? He was on a big-wall aid route, so I imagine he had a fair amount of equipment. This dipshit decides to hang on his rope and freeze to death instead of jug back up to his last anchor and bivy?

This dipshit can't link some slings together and get to the ground? Improvise with some cord he probably had on hand? His only feasible option was to use your retarded spaghetti-shred?

BS Majid. This did not happen. If it really did happen, and this guy got stranded 20 feet off the ground despite having all that other gear with him, he got what he deserved. Even naked on the end of that rope, any non-moron would take his chance wth the 20-foot fall.

I stand by my prediction. 1,000 years.

fitzontherocks

May 13, 2008, 8:12 PM
Post #83 of 145 (3635 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Valarc] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Valarc wrote:
Don't you think it's about time you did everyone on this site a huge favor and SHUT THE FUCK UP before you get someone killed trying your retarded ideas?

Don't stop him now. WE WANT VIDEO.

Gmburns2000

May 13, 2008, 8:21 PM
Post #84 of 145 (3619 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fitzontherocks] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

fitzontherocks wrote:
Valarc wrote:
Don't you think it's about time you did everyone on this site a huge favor and SHUT THE FUCK UP before you get someone killed trying your retarded ideas?

Don't stop him now. WE WANT VIDEO.

This is classic rc.com. Everyone seems to be pushing another member to do something most think is suicidal just to prove that it is, in fact, suicidal. Like lighting a match to see if it works. I'm thinking it is a good thing I don't like to play poker, cause I'd get my butt kicked with this lot.Shocked

Partner robdotcalm

May 13, 2008, 8:22 PM
Post #85 of 145 (3618 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dutyje] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dutyje wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
in Nov of 2004, a big wall climber was found fronzen to death ,less than 20 feet of the Zodiac base cause his rap rope ended up been too short.

Why his rope was short ?

Cause he jammed his jummar 5 pitches up and had to cut a section of his rope to free it and ended up coming up short.

I don't recall hearing anything about this... couldn't find anything on it in a search.

So let me get this straight.. some partnerless climber chops his rope because he jammed his ascender while jugging up a very popular aid route. Eventually, he decides to bail and so is stuck rapping the route. He ends up caught 20 feet off the deck because he doesn't have enough rope.

What did he do with the rope and jumar he chopped? He managed to get stuck above the base of the most popular route on El Cap and stay there long enough to freeze to death before anybody found him?

Did he choose to bail without any of his other gear? He was on a big-wall aid route, so I imagine he had a fair amount of equipment. This dipshit decides to hang on his rope and freeze to death instead of jug back up to his last anchor and bivy?

This dipshit can't link some slings together and get to the ground? Improvise with some cord he probably had on hand? His only feasible option was to use your retarded spaghetti-shred?

BS Majid. This did not happen. If it really did happen, and this guy got stranded 20 feet off the ground despite having all that other gear with him, he got what he deserved. Even naked on the end of that rope, any non-moron would take his chance wth the 20-foot fall.

I stand by my prediction. 1,000 years.

Not to hijack the thread, but it does remind of an incident that happened to my partner, Andy, and me about a dozen years ago. We were at Cochise Stronghold and hiking in to climb the classic, Days of Future Past. As we got near the climb, we heard shouts for help across the valley. We both took off. Andy, the distance athlete, got their first and was standing on platform with crevices. I saw 2 guys about 40’ up on the cliff, and Andy pointed to a crevice in which there was a body about 20’ below. The body had one rope coiled on its back and another rope was strewn about the bottom of the crevice. Apparently, these 3 guys had climbed a 3-pitch 5.6 route on the front side of the rock the day before. They started the rappel down the backside which consisted of 2 rappel stations. The first two guys got to the 2nd rappel station. The third guy started the rappel when off he came taking both ropes with him.

Andy and I told the guys we would climb up to them. It was about 5.4 for about 20’. The remaining climbing looked very thin so we told them to lower something and we could send a rope up to them. They said they didn’t have anything to lower. We asked if they slings or gear. They said, “yes.” We told them to clip the stuff together to make a chain to lower it to us. They did this. As I was tying one of our ropes onto the end of the chain. They dropped the chain. (I guess we should have told them to make sure that they had their end of the chain clipped in to the anchor!). To make a long story short, Andy descended to call the sheriff, while I stayed and talked to the guys to make sure they didn’t try anything hazardous.

A full blown rescue involving a helicopter in the rain ensued. There was a high probability these guys would have frozen to death if we hadn’t been by as the weather turned cold and wet and they were dressed in tank tops and shorts. It didn’t occur to them that they could have linked together their slings and gear and easily made it safe ground.

I find it hard to imagine a competent big wall climber behaving in this fasion.

Cheers,

Rob.calm

a.frosch

May 13, 2008, 8:35 PM
Post #86 of 145 (3602 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Angry,

I'd still like an answer to my original question.

Thanks.

I wrote:

In reply to:
In reply to:
angry wrote:When you have the time to climb every single day with no end in sight, you have to just take some time off once in a while or you'll die.
Angry,

I'd be very interested to hear what you do for a job, and where I could get one like it, or if you don't work, how you manage to get money for climbing trips.

Cheers.

dutyje

May 13, 2008, 8:36 PM
Post #87 of 145 (3601 views)
Shortcut

Re: [robdotcalm] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I found Majid's accident report.. December 2002, a whole series of missteps in poor weather left this guy about 25 feet off the deck.. He had a couple etriers and hooked them together to get to about 15 feet off the deck.

Being only 15 feet off the ground, he tried to jump, but the sling for his hammer got tangled, leaving him suspended as he called for help and eventually froze to death, 15 feet off the ground.

Majid's spaghetti rope trick would not have helped him in this situation. Not to mention that it would have been impossible, based on Angry's analysis, for the climber to execute given the weather conditions and his already hypothermic state.

So I'm still waiting, Majid. 1,000 years.

Partner angry

May 13, 2008, 8:50 PM
Post #88 of 145 (3586 views)
Shortcut

Re: [a.frosch] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

a.frosch wrote:
Angry,

Thanks.

I wrote:

In reply to:
In reply to:
angry wrote:When you have the time to climb every single day with no end in sight, you have to just take some time off once in a while or you'll die.
Angry,

I'd be very interested to hear what you do for a job, and where I could get one like it, or if you don't work, how you manage to get money for climbing trips.

Cheers.

The first rule of ______ is that you don't talk about _______.

If people started figuring out that I actually make money doing _______ I probably would stop making money.

I hope that helps.

a.frosch

May 13, 2008, 8:59 PM
Post #89 of 145 (3574 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
a.frosch wrote:
Angry,

Thanks.

I wrote:

In reply to:
In reply to:
Angry,

Cheers.

If people started figuring out that I actually make money doing _______ I probably would stop making money.

I hope that helps.

Ok, so what I really need to do is ___________.
Got it.

Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.

Unimpressed

irregularpanda

May 13, 2008, 9:06 PM
Post #90 of 145 (3560 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:

I hope that helps.

Professional Male Prostitute? Or maybe it's an overpaid bartender? I know I know, you sell kidneys on e-bay!

fitzontherocks

May 13, 2008, 9:07 PM
Post #91 of 145 (3563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:

The first rule of COVERT OPS is that you don't talk about COVERT OPS.

If people started figuring out that I actually make money doing COVERT OPS I probably would stop making money.

I hope that helps.
Do I win?

a.frosch

May 13, 2008, 9:10 PM
Post #92 of 145 (3555 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fitzontherocks] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

fitzontherocks wrote:
angry wrote:

The first rule of COVERT OPS is that you don't talk about COVERT OPS.

If people started figuring out that I actually make money doing COVERT OPS I probably would stop making money.

I hope that helps.

Do I win?
I think you guys are all on the wrong track; coverts ops guys actually work to earn their money; angry apparently doesn't.

This is actually really important. Do you realize that angry's solved the problem of how to be a climbing bum and yet still pay for stuff (he did say he makes money....)

fitzontherocks

May 13, 2008, 9:13 PM
Post #93 of 145 (3546 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So what about Magic Sorbet? What does he do? I mean besides stick man drawings of unlikely scenarios?

Partner angry

May 13, 2008, 9:16 PM
Post #94 of 145 (3545 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I work my ass off.

Then get it grabbed by drunk girls.

irregularpanda

May 13, 2008, 9:18 PM
Post #95 of 145 (3540 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I hope I don't detect a whiny tone there......

You do realize that's not a bad thing to get paid for. So basically we're looking at professional male prostitute, gigolo, or bartender.

roy_hinkley_jr

May 13, 2008, 9:21 PM
Post #96 of 145 (3535 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
Do you understand? I've tested your method and it failed. Catastrophically.

Only your test failed catastrophically due to predictable problems. The title of this thread is simply wrong because you have not, in fact, debunked the myth. And no, I won't do the job you started.

a.frosch

May 13, 2008, 9:23 PM
Post #97 of 145 (3532 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

angry wrote:
I work my ass off.

Now you're just confusing me. You said earlier that
In reply to:
When you have the time to climb every single day with no end in sight, you have to just take some time off once in a while or you'll die.

So clearly you don't work your ass off. Unless I'm missing something. Is your job so mysterious that it doesn't actually exist?

Adk

May 13, 2008, 9:24 PM
Post #98 of 145 (3525 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What a thread and a great read at that!

Last Time I was at 30' off the ground and needed to get down I just jumped. I tell you, when your girlfriends father is turning the door knob and she is still all wet, you JUMP!!!Wink

Ok..in all seriousness. Last I needed to get down with only 5' of rope from 30' up I tied my shirt sleeves to my pant legs and then my hex belt to my pant legs and then my 5' of rope to my belt. I then climbed to the end of the rope and extended my arms. Since I am over 5' tall I ended up with a jump of just over 7' Not too bad huh? Blush
Cake for anyone and then to be on the ground watching some nut job who thought he was smarter than I am try to cut all the cords out of the sheath!!
I began to wonder who was the smarter climber.
...and to think I wanted to climb with him someday....Tongue

I want to see this rap on video otherwise I'm NOT going to believe it!!! I still believe my method is faster and smarter.Sly

(This post was edited by Adk on May 13, 2008, 9:28 PM)

fitzontherocks

May 13, 2008, 9:30 PM
Post #99 of 145 (3512 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Adk] Bluejays debunked, Majid-Busters!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Adk wrote:
I want to see this rap on video otherwise I'm NOT going to believe it!!! I still believe my method is faster and smarter.Sly

Don't you get it? This is Majid we're talking about. We will NEVER see this video.

(This post was edited by fitzontherocks on May 13, 2008, 9:31 PM)

wmfork

May 13, 2008, 9:33 PM
Post #100 of 145 (3506 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

a.frosch wrote:
In reply to:
When you have the time to climb every single day with no end in sight, you have to just take some time off once in a while or you'll die.

So clearly you don't work your ass off. Unless I'm missing something. Is your job so mysterious that it doesn't actually exist?

Think outside the box a bit, will ya?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : The Lab

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook