Forums: Community: Campground:
The Lounge™
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 1072 Next page Last page  View All

stymingersfink

May 20, 2008, 8:40 PM
Post #2051 of 26795 (4565 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
the_climber wrote:
Cross posting from the other thread...

This, yes this is how my afternoon is going:
the_climber is having a hell of an afternoon! wrote:
In other news I was at Canadian Tire at lunch time pricing out some stuff, and walking back to my truck...

W T F !

Some punk was reafing on the back window to try and break in to steal my tool bag! Had my cell phone in my hand to call the cops, but fuck he was going at it and of all the people in the parking lot not a dam one of them was doing anything! Nothing! Not so much as a "hey buddy what gives?"! Ran up behind him and checked him into the tailgate. The fucker took a swing at me, so I knocked him the f*ck out! Out cold! One hit! Right the f*ck out! Gave my contact info to the security guy who said he'd handle everything with the cops... expecting a call tonight to give a statement. Security dude claims it happens more ofthen that you'd think in that parking lot. To say the least I'm still a little bit jacked right now.

My hand is a wee bit sore right now.

If I wasn't at work I'd be drinking right about now.

Yet another reason not to live in Canadia.

In all seriousness, that's some crazy shit. Can't believe nobody did anything. That punk is lucky you didn't have the dog or axe on you...
thinkin' the same thing.

think if the dog'd been in the back with the tools it would have mede him think twice about it?

Oh, and enjoy that beer, and the shot to chase it.Wink

stymingersfink

May 20, 2008, 8:42 PM
Post #2052 of 26795 (4562 views)
Shortcut

Re: [obsessed] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
the_climber wrote:

In other news I was at Canadian Tire at lunch time pricing out some stuff, and walking back to my truck...

W T F !

Some punk was reafing on the back window to try and break in to steal my tool bag! Had my cell phone in my hand to call the cops, but fuck he was going at it and of all the people in the parking lot not a dam one of them was doing anything! Nothing! Not so much as a "hey buddy what gives?"! Ran up behind him and checked him into the tailgate. The fucker took a swing at me, so I knocked him the f*ck out! Out cold! One hit! Right the f*ck out! Gave my contact info to the security guy who said he'd handle everything with the cops... expecting a call tonight to give a statement. Security dude claims it happens more ofthen that you'd think in that parking lot. To say the least I'm still a little bit jacked right now.

Damn. Good thing you came out when you did. You know what would be really shitty? If he turned around and tried to charge you with assault or laid a law suit on you for decking him. Aholes like that are stupid and think they can.
turn the tables. Threaten to sue his ass for "damages" to your hand, not to mention the hinges on the back window.

the_climber

May 20, 2008, 8:44 PM
Post #2053 of 26795 (4561 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
the_climber wrote:
obsessed wrote:
Damn. Good thing you came out when you did. You know what would be really shitty? If he turned around and tried to charge you with assault or laid a law suit on you for decking him. Aholes like that are stupid and think they can.

Too many witnesses for that. A few of them gave their contact info to security dude too. It's pretty clear cut. He was breaking in, I checked him he swung THEN I swung, shitty thing for him... he missed, I didn't. All eyes were on the acting right from the moment I checked him into the tailgate to pin him.
sounds like you got it covered. Bet you can't wait to get home for that drink!

Yeah, I've got it covered pretty good. I've been through that part of the leagal system before when I got jumped by a few guys a number of years ago, so I know what to expect. As far as I can tell there's noting that punk can do to me.

I've finally stopped vibrating! Still, can't wait for that beer when I get home.

the_climber

May 20, 2008, 8:49 PM
Post #2054 of 26795 (4558 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

stymingersfink wrote:
obsessed wrote:
turn the tables. Threaten to sue his ass for "damages" to your hand, not to mention the hinges on the back window.

Could do that, mind you I'd be happy if it was only window hinges.... 1st Gen 4Runner, back window roles down into the tailgate. I got it back up, but I'll have to pull the top of the tailgate off to re-set the window in the tracks. Pain in the ass job, but at least it's relatively easy

(This post was edited by the_climber on May 20, 2008, 8:49 PM)

Arrogant_Bastard

May 20, 2008, 8:54 PM
Post #2055 of 26795 (4554 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_climber] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
obsessed wrote:
the_climber wrote:
obsessed wrote:

Too many witnesses for that. A few of them gave their contact info to security dude too. It's pretty clear cut. He was breaking in, I checked him he swung THEN I swung, shitty thing for him... he missed, I didn't. All eyes were on the acting right from the moment I checked him into the tailgate to pin him.

Yeah, I've got it covered pretty good. I've been through that part of the leagal system before when I got jumped by a few guys a number of years ago, so I know what to expect. As far as I can tell there's noting that punk can do to me.

I've finally stopped vibrating! Still, can't wait for that beer when I get home.

Canadia sounds the dangerous.

the_climber

May 20, 2008, 9:01 PM
Post #2056 of 26795 (4552 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
the_climber wrote:
obsessed wrote:
the_climber wrote:
obsessed wrote:

C'mon, last time I was in the States we passed at least 5 signs which read "No Shooting. School Zone". In Vagas I wasn't even out of the airport for 1/2 an hour before I saw someone getting their car stolen at gun point.

I'll take my chances in tEH Frozen Wastelands.

Arrogant_Bastard

May 20, 2008, 9:12 PM
Post #2057 of 26795 (4549 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
the_climber wrote:
obsessed wrote:
the_climber wrote:
obsessed wrote:

C'mon, last time I was in the States we passed at least 5 signs which read "No Shooting. School Zone". In Vagas I wasn't even out of the airport for 1/2 an hour before I saw someone getting their car stolen at gun point.

Vagas are dangerous, no doubt about that. Always keep protecshunz on you.

dr_feelgood

May 20, 2008, 9:18 PM
Post #2058 of 26795 (4544 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
the_climber wrote:
obsessed wrote:
the_climber wrote:
obsessed wrote:

We kin own gunz down hea in the Unityied States. Means we liable to blow a carjacker's melon off.

dr_feelgood

May 20, 2008, 9:19 PM
Post #2059 of 26795 (4543 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In other news, I successfully inserted my tube into two drugged women today, and I have the signatures to prove it.

the_climber

May 20, 2008, 9:24 PM
Post #2060 of 26795 (4540 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
In other news, I successfully inserted my tube into two drugged women today, and I have the signatures to prove it.

You sick, twisted, intebating bastard!

wanderlustmd

May 20, 2008, 9:36 PM
Post #2061 of 26795 (4538 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
artm wrote:
I wouldn't give it a full 12c rating maybe b/c
Pirate

Just wait till you read Trippers opinion.Laugh

Maybe I should have said "Art, you are just and fair, but we will call it 12c and you'll like it."?

Sure.

wanderlustmd

May 20, 2008, 9:37 PM
Post #2062 of 26795 (4536 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
Too busy and tired for ground up right now. Weekend was great. Truck is nice and muddy... breaks are well, grinding (see muddy comment).. steering, well 45 km of trails will do things to your steering.

Got a good afternoon of climbing in too.

I'm out of Fireball.
Huh..

As in
-I'm not reading all teh posts of on the pages since I left work Thursday till today.

-4wheeling in the 4Runner left it muddy with worn out breaks, but was hella fun. 45km of off-road trails will leave you with some wrench turning after a long weekend.

-went climbing in there too.

-Fireball is a Cinnamon Corn Whiskey

And WTF is with Canadians and the word "eh" ?

Clear as mud?

I know, huh?
Who would use "eh?"

wanderlustmd

May 20, 2008, 9:38 PM
Post #2063 of 26795 (4534 views)
Shortcut

Re: [artm] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

artm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
artm wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Is anyone good at math? I have a question. Art would probably know this one.

What does 12a + 12b + ~20degrees= ?

There is kinda a rest at some jugs between the two, but it is kinda steep at that part so most of the weight is still on your arms so its tough to get a great recovery.

New Root? I'd say 12b, but I'm probably the least qualified to do so.

Are you talking two boulder problems with that rest in between? If it's not much of a rest like you say, maybe .12c.

Who am I kidding, I have no friggin clue...
Its a link up. The first crux is right off the ground then you go into the crux of the 12b. You get some pretty good jugs between the two but it isn't the best rest and you can never really fully shake the pump. You go into the second crux way more pumped than if you do the normal start.

It doesn't really matter to much. Its just another route to add into the rotation. Its just kinda nice to have a gage on my training.

I was supposed to go someplace different today and get on some new routes, but it is raining.Mad I feel like I'm in pretty good shape right now so I was excited to go rip it up.

You could probably get away with .12c, I'm guessing.

That's good that you are in good shape right now, it's still so early. I haven't climbed much at all the last 2 weeks, hopefully I won't have lost too much.

Looking forward to next weekend at Seneca to finish up my ticklist (hopefully). I really, really hope the weather is nice, it will be the last time I climb there for who knows how long.
yore rong!
Its not good that I'm in pretty good shape?
No I meant Marco is wrong about 12c being a good rating for the route

I tried.

wanderlustmd

May 20, 2008, 9:40 PM
Post #2064 of 26795 (4532 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

the_climber wrote:

W T F !

haha!
Nice.
Remind me not to piss you off.

dr_feelgood

May 20, 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #2065 of 26795 (4526 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
the_climber wrote:

W T F !

haha!
Nice.
Don't mess with the scottish if they've been on the sauce.

chossmonkey

May 20, 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #2066 of 26795 (4522 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
Too busy and tired for ground up right now. Weekend was great. Truck is nice and muddy... breaks are well, grinding (see muddy comment).. steering, well 45 km of trails will do things to your steering.

I'm out of Fireball.
Huh..

As in
-I'm not reading all teh posts of on the pages since I left work Thursday till today.

-4wheeling in the 4Runner left it muddy with worn out breaks, but was hella fun. 45km of off-road trails will leave you with some wrench turning after a long weekend.

And WTF is with Americans and the word "huh" ?

Clear as mud?
That was "huh".

Not "huh?"

As in huh, cool.

Huh, glad you had a good weekend.

chossmonkey

May 20, 2008, 10:33 PM
Post #2067 of 26795 (4521 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
In other news I have some really smell and perfectly silent farts today. Elevator riders beware!
Those are generally the most vile
Yes. Egg farts. It was grand.

When I was in highschool I dropped one in class. I was near the back of the room and the teacher caught whiff of it and had to open the door.Laugh

the_climber

May 20, 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #2068 of 26795 (4519 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
the_climber wrote:

W T F !

haha!
Nice.
Don't mess with the scottish if they've been on the sauce.

Aye, tis true.

the_climber

May 20, 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #2069 of 26795 (4518 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:

I'm out of Fireball.
Huh..

As in

And WTF is with Americans and the word "huh" ?

Clear as mud?
That was "huh".

Not "huh?"

As in huh, cool.

Huh, glad you had a good weekend.
Eh? really. that cool, eh.

chossmonkey

May 20, 2008, 10:35 PM
Post #2070 of 26795 (4517 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

artm wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
artm wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
artm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Is anyone good at math? I have a question. Art would probably know this one.

What does 12a + 12b + ~20degrees= ?

There is kinda a rest at some jugs between the two, but it is kinda steep at that part so most of the weight is still on your arms so its tough to get a great recovery.

New Root? I'd say 12b, but I'm probably the least qualified to do so.

Are you talking two boulder problems with that rest in between? If it's not much of a rest like you say, maybe .12c.

Who am I kidding, I have no friggin clue...
Its a link up. The first crux is right off the ground then you go into the crux of the 12b. You get some pretty good jugs between the two but it isn't the best rest and you can never really fully shake the pump. You go into the second crux way more pumped than if you do the normal start.

It doesn't really matter to much. Its just another route to add into the rotation. Its just kinda nice to have a gage on my training.

I was supposed to go someplace different today and get on some new routes, but it is raining.Mad I feel like I'm in pretty good shape right now so I was excited to go rip it up.
Call it 5.12b+
Confuse the shit out of everyone.
The french rating system actually works better for sport climbing grades.

humm, u r all rong.... cept the part about french grades more accurately discribing the the difficulty of sport routes.

So, if you are a sprayer, you would have to call it 13a. Thats what jt512 would grade it. Cuz thats what he does to all of my routes. By the fact that you are hear talking about grades, leads me to believe.... spray!!!1

Personally, I've got to figure that the 12a and the 12b are both over rated by a grade to a grade and a half. So I would rate the link up 7a+ and let the posers whine. I'd have to send it to be sure, but it is likely a pretty gud guess. Nothing worse than having real guys walk your soft grades and down rating them...
Didn't Tom Lindner down rate The Action to 12d?
Ouch.

He isn't really even a real guy. He had to live vicariously through his son.

chossmonkey

May 20, 2008, 10:38 PM
Post #2071 of 26795 (4515 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
For those who are interested, there is a great picture of me on my stalkbook.
http://www.facebook.com/...4997&id=59800782
And no. I am not the one who is bouldering.

Oh sure. I see how it is. <<< I meant to post that last week when I heard you added certain people to stalkbook
I think he was scared off by your profile pic. You look like a cougar.
Shocked WTF?
He's not into cougars.

chossmonkey

May 20, 2008, 10:39 PM
Post #2072 of 26795 (4514 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
For those who are interested, there is a great picture of me on my stalkbook.
http://www.facebook.com/...4997&id=59800782
And no. I am not the one who is bouldering.

Oh sure. I see how it is. <<< I meant to post that last week when I heard you added certain people to stalkbook
Did i deny a friend request that i have forgotten about?
Nope. You are not my friend. Apparently other people in here are...but I'm not
I don't think I added you. But then you try to do everything you can so people think I associate with you.

Tongue

the_climber

May 20, 2008, 10:40 PM
Post #2073 of 26795 (4513 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

Well, got the call from the cops. The officer was real cool about it. Said I probably shouldn't have hit the guy, but he could understand how one would react that way. Said it sounded pretty clear cut and that he didn't expect any hassle or trouble on my end with it. Going in after work to give my statement.

Oh, and he said the guy's not going to be trying to pull any asault BS. Said that the punk (well, the officer said "gentleman") seems to be of the oppinion that he got caught doing something that he shouldn't have.

chossmonkey

May 20, 2008, 10:40 PM
Post #2074 of 26795 (4512 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

artm wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
artm wrote:
Pirate

You are perhaps unaware of the fact that I hang out with Jack, I already knew his opinion before he posted it.
prolly Gued but, I think he was talking to me.

chossmonkey

May 20, 2008, 10:41 PM
Post #2075 of 26795 (4511 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

artm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
artm wrote:
Pirate

If I wanted his opinion I'd point to him with my middle finger.
Number 7!
I couldn't remember the number and I wasn't about to go look for the list with it that you posted.

First page Previous page 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 1072 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook