RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

mtnkid85

Mar 21, 2008, 12:55 AM
Post #1 of 13 (2705 views)
Shortcut

Wyoming Tour Beta/Partner(s) WANTED
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello Gang im tring to put together a hitch hiking climbing tour of Wyoming. I live in billings MT and am planing on hitting the following places probally in this approximate order.
Cody south through Windriver canyon to
Lander east to
Fremount Canyon north west to
Devils Tower.

Other places Im interested in and will be relativly close to are Tensleep the Wind rivers and also Vedauwoo.

Im going to be leaving during early-mid June and coming home early-mid July. I plan to be gone for ~ 1 month. I will most likly be solo so I am really hoping to get some partners lined up that can show me where and what to hit at each place. I plan on doing this on a superbudget (hence the hitch hiking) but Id be willing to buy beer or gas in exchange for some climbing companyCool. Im also looking for as much beta on each of these places as I can find, good climbs, camping, access, water availibility, fees ect ect. I plan on picking up guide books for a few of these places for some of this info, though I doubt Ill carry them with me.

Im a 21 year old male 5.9-5.10 sport climber and am just getting into trad. I will have all my own gear including a rope and a small trad rack (cams .5-3, 1 set of nuts, tricams, hexes) and draws.
Really Ill work around anyones schedual who will be willing to climb with me, as finding partners is whats going to make or break this trip. I plan to spend roughly a week at each location I visit +/- a few days and am totally open to other locations. So spread the word and let me know if youve got any thing to help me out, wanna meet me at one of these places or, hell, even wants to make the entire trip with me.

Thanks alot

Mike

(This post was edited by mtnkid85 on Jun 3, 2008, 5:56 AM)

wyoclimb

Mar 21, 2008, 5:21 PM
Post #2 of 13 (2694 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mtnkid85] Wyoming Tour Beta/Partner(s) WANTED [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not sure whats up for me. But I will be around somewhere climbing. Tensleep is the shit steep long pocketed dolomite like nowhere else. Iris & sinks are good 2. Fremont is fun. Devils is crazy. around there is tons of diffrent rock basalt to sandstone.have fun post again as time nears. lander is agood spot to catch partnersWink

mtnkid85

Apr 22, 2008, 6:03 PM
Post #3 of 13 (2612 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bump. Open to ideas.

tready

May 5, 2008, 5:04 AM
Post #4 of 13 (2566 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Uhh...hehe, I'm currently unemployed and also live in Billings, err...well laurel, lets not go there though. I'm also at that 10a/b sport level, but interested in trad as well. And while there's a good chance I'll have a job when June rolls around, I'd be totally down with any climbing before then/during your trek. Lemme know. Hell, I've been trying to get back down to Cody for a while now.

mtnkid85

May 5, 2008, 3:06 PM
Post #5 of 13 (2555 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tready] Wyoming Tour Beta/Partner(s) WANTED [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hell ya thats who Im looking for, some unemployed bums who wanna climbWink. Ill send ya a PM right now.

Peace

EvilMonkey

May 21, 2008, 8:34 PM
Post #6 of 13 (2497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

definitely hit devils tower at the end of your trip, due to the voluntary closure in June. I climb out at fremont all the time. the cool thing there is that you can rapin on one rope and just toprope solo all day alone. my partner's about to have a kid, so he's basically on house arrest, which leaves me always in need of a partner. i've got saturdays and sundays off, hopefully fridays as well soon. i'm also looking at doing devils tower in july. look me up if you need a partner for either of those places.

brad

May 30, 2008, 7:38 PM
Post #7 of 13 (2457 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll be in Wyoming about the middle of June for a month or two, and I need partners. Fremont, Tensleep, Sinks, and Wild Iris all sound good. Gimme a shout if you need a partner from mid-June to end of July, maybe even mid-August.

mtnkid85

Jun 3, 2008, 3:41 AM
Post #8 of 13 (2372 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So its looking like this trip might not go off like planned, however Im still looking for partners all through Wyoming as I still want to climb these locations this summer.

My girlfriend and I am going to be in Cody the weekend of the 20th climbing, Friday night- Sunday. Im up for some sport or trad and need to find some decent 5.5-5.9 topropes for my girlfriend, we may get in some bouldering as well.

Then were driving down to Lander and will be there ~Mondayish to Wensdayish climbing. We are really looking for partners for this area! Again Im up for sport or trad and would like to find some softer topropable climbs for the girlfriend.

So Cody/Lander climbers can you recomend any areas and climbs for us?

Really this is my girlfriends trip but Ive talked her into climbing these few areas! We will be staying at Thermopolis for a night and then probally staying one night in a motel in Lander, cheap motel recomendations? Free camping recomendations?

wyoclimb

Jun 5, 2008, 9:18 PM
Post #9 of 13 (2320 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

City park in the town of lander is free camping! But U wanta check out IRIS pocketed dolomite from heaven. I always spend time there in summer.Cool

mtnkid85

Jun 11, 2008, 8:25 PM
Post #10 of 13 (2239 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wyoclimb] Wyoming Tour Beta/Partner(s) WANTED [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ive picked up Shoshone Canyon rockclimbing guide, by Aune and,
*Plans are to hit "The Island" and do: bitch with a broom,easy ramp, Bruces Crack, Bobby and the Bosch, Midday cruise and any others we can squeeze in.

Then hit the "East bridge bands" and do some of its lower grade routes. Sinner, Sinner, Sinner, Brother jugs, Anywhich way, young Ruffians, Feels like summer and any others...

As for Lander I still havent gotten a guide book, however Im planning on picking up Lander Rock when we get down there. From what Ive been reading online it looks like Sinks Canyon is going to be our major destination.

The guys who have expressed interested in climbing with me in these areas, Ill PM you and see if we can hook up. Again it will be Cody from about June 20-22nd, Lander from 24-26th.

mtnkid85

Jun 20, 2008, 4:27 AM
Post #11 of 13 (2167 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well all our gear is packed and we are off Tomorow!
Will be staying in the large pullout after the bridge in Shoshone Canyon.
And the city park in Lander. If you see a couple of bums hanging out drop by and say hi!

mtnkid85

Jul 31, 2008, 5:06 AM
Post #12 of 13 (2046 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well on to the next leg of the adventure... hopefully. Cody was great, and Lander was a total gas, will be returning for sure!

Any way Im looking to make it down to Vedauwoo Aug 8th-17thish and am looking for people to split fuel costs with. So if anyone in the Billings area or anyone going through/past Billings has an open seat let me know! Or I can drive if anyone wants to hop in with me.

Soooo let me know if anyones interested.

vanessam

Aug 22, 2008, 3:20 AM
Post #13 of 13 (1662 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wyoming is a paradise for outdoor lovers, with hiking, rock climbing, river rafting, skiing, horseback riding and other outdoor sports available amid the breathtaking scenery.

Yellowstone National Park is home to the largest concentration of hydrothermal activity on the planet, as well as spectacular mountain scenery, waterfalls, and abundant wildlife. Guests of Wyoming vacation rentals can see a myriad of geysers, hot springs, mud pots and other fascinating phenomena. Other attractions include Yellowstone Lake, the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, Yellowstone River, and the amazing cascades of travertine rock at Mammoth Hot Springs.

Grand Teton National Park is a land of magnificent mountain scenery. Guests of Wyoming vacation rentals can hike to scenic spots such as Mount Moran, Hidden Falls, Cascade Canyon and Lake Solitude.

Other natural wonders in Wyoming include the Devil’s Tower National Monument, Bighorn Canyon National Recreational Area, and Fossil Butte National Monument.
-----------------------------------
Vanessa

http://www.drugtreatments.com/wyoming

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook