RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Indoor Gyms

Premier Sponsor:

powerhousebum

Jun 6, 2008, 6:00 AM
Post #1 of 4 (1799 views)
Shortcut

Hangboard Mounting?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I found a hangboard in my garage that i purchased nearly 2 years ago, and lost in the abyss that is my garage. There aren't any directions or anything else with it. It's a Metolius Slim Gym, and there is a tutorial on their website on how to hang hangboards, but it's for the Pure Force and Simulator. I really don't want to damage the wall, and if anybody has any tips on the quickest/safest way to hang it, I would appreciate it.

swaghole

Jun 6, 2008, 10:45 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1775 views)
Shortcut

Re: [powerhousebum] Hangboard Mounting? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Screw a piece of 1/2" or 3/4" plywood (larger then the hangboard) on the wall making sure you use at least 3" wood screws screwed INTO THE STUDS. You should have at minimum 2 studs supporting the plywood. Then you mount the hangboard onto the plywood using wood screws that are long enough to penetrate the plywood by at leas 3/4".

reg

Jun 6, 2008, 11:49 AM
Post #3 of 4 (1769 views)
Shortcut

Re: [swaghole] Hangboard Mounting? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

swaghole wrote:
Screw a piece of 1/2" or 3/4" plywood (larger then the hangboard) on the wall making sure you use at least 3" wood screws screwed INTO THE STUDS. You should have at minimum 2 studs supporting the plywood. Then you mount the hangboard onto the plywood using wood screws that are long enough to penetrate the plywood by at leas 3/4".

all ya need to know. the only thing i would add is your feet might want to be hanging free as in having the hangboard over a doorway or mounted from the roof joists of the garage in which case you would need to drop a framework off the joists to put the board on.

getout87

Jun 10, 2008, 1:38 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1618 views)
Shortcut

Re: [swaghole] Hangboard Mounting? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

swaghole wrote:

Exactly how I did it, but I had to use two pieces of plywood in order to space the front piece out in front of the door casing, so that I could mount the board that extra 3 inches lower to get more noggin clearance.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Indoor Gyms

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook