Forums: Community: Campground:
The Lounge™
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 1072 Next page Last page  View All

dr_feelgood

Jun 11, 2008, 1:14 AM
Post #3026 of 26795 (6392 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
yeah I totally got to help fight a crazy person today. It was awesome.

Worthless without pix.
What happened?
The psycho bitch decided she did not want to be in the hospital anymore. The hospital staff decided that she was staying. And I didn't exactly have time to bust out the camera phone.

Partner epoch

Jun 11, 2008, 1:31 AM
Post #3027 of 26795 (6388 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Worthless without pix.
What happened?
The psycho bitch decided she did not want to be in the hospital anymore. The hospital staff decided that she was staying. And I didn't exactly have time to bust out the camera phone.

I never knew that the hospital could decline a persons right to decline health care. Wouldn't that, in a sense, be hurting a person by doing so?

Unless a person is STATE admitted, that person is allowed to leave under their own free will.

At least this has been the impression that I have always had about health care.

dr_feelgood

Jun 11, 2008, 1:47 AM
Post #3028 of 26795 (6385 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

epoch wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Worthless without pix.
What happened?

I never knew that the hospital could decline a persons right to decline health care. Wouldn't that, in a sense, be hurting a person by doing so?

Unless a person is STATE admitted, that person is allowed to leave under their own free will.

A police officer can hospitalize someone for 24 hours. An MD can do it for 72 hrs, and then they have to go to an oversight commitee

wanderlustmd

Jun 11, 2008, 2:02 AM
Post #3029 of 26795 (6383 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
epoch wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
By the way... [ellipses] ... Any plans for next saturday? I will be status post wedding with open bar and day after brunch, and in northern mass... Anyone up for an afternoon assault of something vertical and rock-esque?

Where would you want to go?
If you could not tell, this was a non-sober posting, and I doubt I would be in any shape to climb. two days of wedding festivities with an open bar will do that to a man. But possibly WH/CATH....
I was going to say.

Everyone knows Doc + open bar= No climbing the next day.
I'm actually quite good at climbing hungover. However, I remembered that I have a post-festivities brunch and some other shit to do.
ahh, to be young
Hey, if I can treat patients while still drunk at the wrong hospital, I can certainly climb hungover.

heh pwned.
Sorry doc, that was funny.
Who got pwned? me, or the patients?

Good point.

Partner epoch

Jun 11, 2008, 2:06 AM
Post #3030 of 26795 (6381 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
epoch wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Worthless without pix.
What happened?

A police officer can hospitalize someone for 24 hours. An MD can do it for 72 hrs, and then they have to go to an oversight commitee
I'd really like to expand on this topic, but I just spent the last 2 hours talking health care in class and don't feel like doing it on my own time - let alone time I paid for.

Seems a bit ludicrous to me, regardless.

dr_feelgood

Jun 11, 2008, 2:18 AM
Post #3031 of 26795 (6379 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

epoch wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
epoch wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Worthless without pix.
What happened?

I'd really like to expand on this topic, but I just spent the last 2 hours talking health care in class and don't feel like doing it on my own time - let alone time I paid for.

Yeah I disagree with 98% of the us healthcare system. The 2% is the amount related to patient care.... And it's all about the paycheck.

obsessed

Jun 11, 2008, 2:33 AM
Post #3032 of 26795 (6376 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
At the hospital? That is crazy. More details... come on.

dr_feelgood

Jun 11, 2008, 2:39 AM
Post #3033 of 26795 (6373 views)
Shortcut

Re: [obsessed] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
At the hospital? That is crazy. More details... come on.
Unfortunately, that is about it.

obsessed

Jun 11, 2008, 2:46 AM
Post #3034 of 26795 (6372 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
You saw L'habitant?

Grrrr

obsessed

Jun 11, 2008, 2:49 AM
Post #3035 of 26795 (6370 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

kachoong wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Well fuck....

Here we thought you were actually longing by a real pool when you were all laid up. Like some sort of rich kid.
Not quite... There were many afternoons of my broken ass floating in the pool with a six pack. But it is an above ground pool.

Yeah, I'm picking up on that.

All that time wasted being jealous of you.Crazy

Guess I'll just have to be happy with being jealous of L'Habitant's rich kids pool.
When I was a kid, living in a middle class neighbourhood, there were only 2 families with pools. I remember having to be really nice to those kids to get an invite into their pool. So, I decided that when I had kids, as soon as the bank would give me money, they were getting a pool. I didn't want them to have to grovel like I did just to keep cool.
Middle class?

Nobody had a pool in my neighborhood, except for the rich people on the other end of the block. I don't think there was another pool for miles.

When I was a kid we could A.sit in the kiddy pool or B. Run through the sprinkler. A sprinkler attached to a hose, not the in ground type found in so many middle class yards.

My cousins in WI had a pool. It was one of those trash above ground models though. Even then my two aunts went in together to get it so it was pretty much owned by two families.

We didn't have central air either until I moved to my dad's, in the rich neighborhood. And then he would hardly run it. I just had to sit in our hot house and look at the neighbors pool.

Yes, I'm bitter.

Yes, that's my story too.... sprinkler attached to the hose... oh, and one Christmas I got a Slip 'n' Slide.... essentially a long-ass piece of plastic you covered in detergent and ran water down it to slide on. Awesome!!! Who needs a pool when you can get grass stains on your chin?!?!

....yes.... we have Christmas in summer!
Thats so weird. I guess you never asked for skis or snowboards for xmas then eh

obsessed

Jun 11, 2008, 2:52 AM
Post #3036 of 26795 (6369 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

epoch wrote:
obsessed wrote:
epoch wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
It's martini time.
Yeah... the glass martini shaker that I got as a gift broke while making my second dry martini. Fuck.

that sucks. I hope you strained it thru cheesecloth before you drank it at least
While a good idea, who has cheese cloth just sitting around?
Martha Stewart
Yeah, I'm sure you and Martha are the only two.

Hmmmmm........

Checks list..........

The List wrote:
Witchy poo
cheese tits
0kel
ass grabber
ont_kel
Toady
o-kelly
Kel_E
party girl
Buckets
Jugs
GrrrRRRrrrrly
Dirty Finger Sticker
Ass Succubus
Honeybuns
L'Habitant
??? Martha Stuart ???

Votes?
No.

I don't wish that nickname on anyone. Not even Buckets.

And FWIW, I have cheesecloth in my house. It comes in great for cooking rice.

Where did you pick up that cooking tip?

Um... I lived in Japan for 6 years. You pick up on things, when using fresh ingredients. Unlike Uncle Ben's rice, real rice requires preparation.
I figured as much. Is this true Art? Do your people really cook rice in cheesecloth?

obsessed

Jun 11, 2008, 2:54 AM
Post #3037 of 26795 (6368 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Well fuck....

Here we thought you were actually longing by a real pool when you were all laid up. Like some sort of rich kid.
Not quite... There were many afternoons of my broken ass floating in the pool with a six pack. But it is an above ground pool.

Guess I'll just have to be happy with being jealous of L'Habitant's rich kids pool.
When I was a kid, living in a middle class neighbourhood, there were only 2 families with pools. I remember having to be really nice to those kids to get an invite into their pool. So, I decided that when I had kids, as soon as the bank would give me money, they were getting a pool. I didn't want them to have to grovel like I did just to keep cool.

We have a pool.
We aren't rich.
You can all come swimming.
Party at Wanders house. Can you grill us some steaks too?

obsessed

Jun 11, 2008, 2:57 AM
Post #3038 of 26795 (6366 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Worthless without pix.
What happened?
GU I see. So you got to slap on the restraints or hold her down? Did she try to scratch your eyes out?

chossmonkey

Jun 11, 2008, 10:46 AM
Post #3039 of 26795 (6353 views)
Shortcut

Re: [artm] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

artm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
No vote?
yore wife's vote trumps yours.
Um....

She voted against all the names we have put up.

And what does that have to do with how you vote?

chossmonkey

Jun 11, 2008, 10:49 AM
Post #3040 of 26795 (6352 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

kachoong wrote:
Yes, that's my story too.... sprinkler attached to the hose... oh, and one Christmas I got a Slip 'n' Slide.... essentially a long-ass piece of plastic you covered in detergent and ran water down it to slide on. Awesome!!! Who needs a pool when you can get grass stains on your chin?!?!

....yes.... we have Christmas in summer!
Detergent?

Like dish soap?

Just water worked pretty good. Perhaps it was the only way your mother could get you to bathe?

chossmonkey

Jun 11, 2008, 10:51 AM
Post #3041 of 26795 (6351 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

kachoong wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
argh! can't believe I wasted 4200 on this thread.

Well, I suppose it could have been worse...

in fact, the more I think about it, it couldn't have been more appropriate to place it here, a post with no content, in a thread with no content.

excepts for epoks occasional (content) i suppose.

oh well.

At least it was also Post 3000 of this thread! There's a legitimate plus!
Doc got post 3000. That was reply 3000. Either way, 3000 really isn't a big deal.

chossmonkey

Jun 11, 2008, 10:57 AM
Post #3042 of 26795 (6349 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

epoch wrote:
obsessed wrote:

Um... I lived in Japan for 6 years. You pick up on things, when using fresh ingredients. Unlike Uncle Ben's rice, real rice requires preparation.

So real rice doesn't come in a 10kilo bag with Asian writing on it?

I have always just threw it in a pot and cooked it.

chossmonkey

Jun 11, 2008, 11:00 AM
Post #3043 of 26795 (6348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Shooting a 30/30 at the crag?

That's pretty redneck.

No. close by. The crag is on our property. No one knows about it. I'm a lucky little bastard.

We shot in a different spot.

Yeah, talk about ironic. 96 degrees outside and the route was wet.Crazy It gets a lot of shade, but I thought it would have dried out since the rain last week. We still had a fun time, though.
Where are the pics?

And it sounds like it might get some ice in the winter.

Didn't get any.
I actually got some good ones of a crag in Maryland. My friend rapped in from above and shot some, Just Like The Magazines.Laugh

Maybe i will post some of those.
Didn't getany pics, ice ,or both?

chossmonkey

Jun 11, 2008, 11:04 AM
Post #3044 of 26795 (6348 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
So.... yeah.
This town is a few miles away from me.
In reply to:
SIMSBURY - Police are investigating a most unusal bomb scare - a bomb stuffed in a roaster.

A motorist on Powder Forest Drive Friday morning noticed what looked like a whole chicken - the kind bought at grocery stores for roasting - with a pipe bomb stuffed inside, police said.

When they arrived on the scene around 9 a.m. officers found the roaster had an improvised explosive device where the fowl's innards should have been.

They closed the road for part of the morning as the Hartford Police Department's bomb squad was called to detonate the device, police said.

In its recent history, Simsbury and local residents have had their problems with hungry black bears, roaming coyotes and escapee emus. Now town folks can add store-bought chicken, stuffed with a bomb, to the list of odd animal incidents.

With the chicken and bomb taken care of, police are left to investigate who's responsible for the strange incident.

Police Capt. Matthew Catania would not describe the bomb, but said it was "capable of causing harm to a person."

He said the police didn't know if the bomb was made by one or more people, but the department is investigating. Anyone with information is asked to call Det. Sgt. Fred Sifodaskalakis at 860-658-3140

A pipe bomb in a chicken...
And yes. I have an Alibi.
Thats funny...and has your name all over it.
"what looked like a whole chicken - the kind bought at grocery stores for roasting -"

I just love the writers style.

WMD, are you taking notes?
*yes*
I bet once the bomb was detonated it was in pieces- like the kind bought in stores for frying.

chossmonkey

Jun 11, 2008, 11:05 AM
Post #3045 of 26795 (6347 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Well fuck....

We have a pool.
We aren't rich.
An above ground pool?

You do go do target practice while out climbing.

chossmonkey

Jun 11, 2008, 11:09 AM
Post #3046 of 26795 (6346 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
epoch wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
epoch wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:

Worthless without pix.
What happened?

Yeah I disagree with 98% of the us healthcare system. The 2% is the amount related to patient care.... And it's all about the paycheck.
So you think Canada is better?

You are such an idealist.

chossmonkey

Jun 11, 2008, 11:11 AM
Post #3047 of 26795 (6343 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
You saw L'habitant?

Grrrr™

Fixed it for you.

You weren't at the hospital yesterday?

Sorry.

With two very active teenagers I figured there was a pretty good chance.

chossmonkey

Jun 11, 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #3048 of 26795 (6342 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
I figured as much. Is this true Art? Do your people really cook rice in cheesecloth?
If by 'your people' you mean Americans, no.

chossmonkey

Jun 11, 2008, 11:14 AM
Post #3049 of 26795 (6385 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Well fuck....

We have a pool.
We aren't rich.
Party at Wanders house. Can you grill us some steaks too?
I think your house would be closer for most.

Partner epoch

Jun 11, 2008, 11:18 AM
Post #3050 of 26795 (6381 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
epoch wrote:
obsessed wrote:
epoch wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
It's martini time.
Yeah... the glass martini shaker that I got as a gift broke while making my second dry martini. Fuck.

that sucks. I hope you strained it thru cheesecloth before you drank it at least
While a good idea, who has cheese cloth just sitting around?
Martha Stewart
Yeah, I'm sure you and Martha are the only two.

Hmmmmm........

Checks list..........

The List wrote:
Witchy poo
cheese tits
0kel
ass grabber
ont_kel
Toady
o-kelly
Kel_E
party girl
Buckets
Jugs
GrrrRRRrrrrly
Dirty Finger Sticker
Ass Succubus
Honeybuns
L'Habitant
??? Martha Stuart ???

Votes?
No.

I don't wish that nickname on anyone. Not even Buckets.

And FWIW, I have cheesecloth in my house. It comes in great for cooking rice.

I heard that Art's people can order take out faster than you can say perspicacious.

C'mon, he's a single LA surfer/climber duhd who's only real culinary skill is having Domino's on speed dial.

First page Previous page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 1072 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook