RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

cliffmama

Jun 16, 2008, 3:47 AM
Post #1 of 2 (374 views)
Shortcut

Looking for families to climb with at Acadia 6/24-7/1/08
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Going on vacation in Acadia from June 24 through July 1st. Hope to spend at least a couple of days rock climbing with the family. My husband doesn't climb (but can belay if I make him), but my two daughters (11 and 13) love climbing and can top rope 5.10. The 13 year old can belay (but not lead belay). We've never been to Acadia, so it would be fun to find another climbing family up there to hang out with and climb together, hopefully to show us around. Also if I have another climbing adult around who can lead belay, I could do some leading as well. I run a family climbing group based in the Gunks and the kids really enjoy climbing with other kids. They're well behaved and very friendly.

Please contact me via PM if you and your family are available to climb with us while we're in Maine. About me: climbing for 27 years, home crag is the Gunks, TR 5.10+, trad lead 5.8, sport lead 5.10a. Be happy to reciprocate and show you around if you visit us in the Gunks (and we have a Gunks place to crash at).

Jannette

c4c

Jun 17, 2008, 2:03 AM
Post #2 of 2 (345 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cliffmama] Looking for families to climb with at Acadia 6/24-7/1/08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Bummer! we did Acadia last year for family vacation and I have girls about the same age that love to climb. We had a great time. Hope you do to.

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook