Forums: Climbing Information: Events & Gatherings:
Rumney Ruckus 08
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Events & Gatherings

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21 Next page Last page  View All

c4c

Jun 17, 2008, 11:21 PM
Post #326 of 507 (5308 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm going to get wet, I can sense it.

Partner epoch

Jun 18, 2008, 12:05 AM
Post #327 of 507 (5301 views)
Shortcut

Re: [c4c] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

We're all going to get wet. The question is: How wet?

jakedatc

Jun 18, 2008, 12:07 AM
Post #328 of 507 (5300 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Btw unless they are giving us some sorta group discount it's been 8 a night per person for a few years now.

Ben were you still up for bolt clipping friday? weather permitting

Partner epoch

Jun 18, 2008, 12:18 AM
Post #329 of 507 (5297 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Weather report!

Friday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 68. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Friday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Sunday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 73. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

notch

Jun 18, 2008, 1:06 AM
Post #330 of 507 (5293 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Todd,
Is the dinner at the church on this year? If so, what time?

bdbc

Jun 18, 2008, 1:17 AM
Post #331 of 507 (5290 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jakedatc] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah, i'm still up for it! any time that you want to shoot for, weather permitting?

jakedatc

Jun 18, 2008, 1:36 AM
Post #332 of 507 (5288 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bdbc] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Notchy i think the dinner thing got canned since they have some other event going on.. if i remember correctly.

Ben that's cool.. i will keep and eye on the weather and we can decide what we want to do

c4c

Jun 18, 2008, 2:37 AM
Post #333 of 507 (5274 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notch] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notch wrote:
Todd,
We picked a weekend that they were already doing something for the motorcycle rally. So no dinner this year Frown We will have to find another way to fill Bill's stomach.

Partner jammer

Jun 18, 2008, 11:21 AM
Post #334 of 507 (5259 views)
Shortcut

Re: [pharmboy] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

pharmboy wrote:
epoch wrote:
chris1981 wrote:
Thanks for the welcome Jammer. I am totally excited to meet some women. I only snowboard with men and know that your gender does things totally different then us. Though I learned alot from the manfolk I would to learn some climbing ways from a chick. i am 5 foot period...Epoch knows I can jump the hell out of some stuff in the gym, but I beat myself doing it!
This is correct.

The women climbing scene in our area is nearly non-existent. It would be awesome for chris to meet and be able to climb with other women.

In the meantime if you are not going to be using your belay slave, could I borrow her for the day? Cool Mine is at home barefoot and preggers.

Yes, Chris, Rich will teach you a new way to get to the anchors ... After he clips and you start to lower him, lock the belay and he'll just rise you to the anchors! No work involved on your part! Wink

robbovius

Jun 18, 2008, 11:42 AM
Post #335 of 507 (5254 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
[2) The water level will be extremely low and we'll all have fretted about nothing. Though someone's going to slip - c'mon it's bound to happen.

dude, please, I made it across the deep part down by the birches, longstepping from boulder to boulder, in the dark of night, after a 2 hour decent hike with a 40- lb pack, following 6 hours on the slabs, using a tree branch for balance. if any of you knobs slips and gets their sneakers wet I'll be laffin' ;-)

chris1981

Jun 18, 2008, 11:55 AM
Post #336 of 507 (5248 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jammer] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jammer wrote:
pharmboy wrote:
epoch wrote:
chris1981 wrote:
Thanks for the welcome Jammer. I am totally excited to meet some women. I only snowboard with men and know that your gender does things totally different then us. Though I learned alot from the manfolk I would to learn some climbing ways from a chick. i am 5 foot period...Epoch knows I can jump the hell out of some stuff in the gym, but I beat myself doing it!
This is correct.

The women climbing scene in our area is nearly non-existent. It would be awesome for chris to meet and be able to climb with other women.

In the meantime if you are not going to be using your belay slave, could I borrow her for the day? Cool Mine is at home barefoot and preggers.

Yes, Chris, Rich will teach you a new way to get to the anchors ... After he clips and you start to lower him, lock the belay and he'll just rise you to the anchors! No work involved on your part! Wink

I am very use to that actually. I weight about 108...Epoch outweighs me and so does just about everyone I belay at the gym!

Partner jammer

Jun 18, 2008, 12:21 PM
Post #337 of 507 (5241 views)
Shortcut

Re: [robbovius] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

robbovius wrote:
epoch wrote:
[2) The water level will be extremely low and we'll all have fretted about nothing. Though someone's going to slip - c'mon it's bound to happen.

dude, please, I made it across the deep part down by the birches, longstepping from boulder to boulder, in the dark of night, after a 2 hour decent hike with a 40- lb pack, following 6 hours on the slabs, using a tree branch for balance. if any of you knobs slips and gets their sneakers wet I'll be laffin' ;-)

Pictures! We'll need pictures!!

Partner epoch

Jun 18, 2008, 1:29 PM
Post #338 of 507 (5226 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jammer wrote:
robbovius wrote:
epoch wrote:

Actually we need youtube. If something is going to happen the associated taunting will have to go with it.

wonderwoman

Jun 18, 2008, 1:42 PM
Post #339 of 507 (5221 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jammer wrote:
chris1981 wrote:
Ok I am not getting the hang of this reply thing, but whatever. I am Epoch's GF. Very excite to make it for "Tard Farday". Really excited to get some bigger outdoor climbs in and meet other women. Wonderwoman sounds and looks like a real cool chick and same with Carabiner96. Excited to meet you all.

Welcome to the crazy world of Climbing Boards! WW is cool, and one great climber! She is modest and humble in her abilities, but will always give way to spiders!

See ya Friday!

Awe, you guys are so sweet! Looking forward to meeting you, Chris, and to reuniting with everybody! I always love meeting new female climbing buddies, too. This weekend is gonna rock!

wonderwoman

Jun 18, 2008, 1:46 PM
Post #340 of 507 (5216 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

c4c wrote:
notch wrote:
Todd,
We picked a weekend that they were already doing something for the motorcycle rally. So no dinner this year Frown We will have to find another way to fill Bill's stomach.

We could always go crash the biker party and re-enact the 'Tequila' scene from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

Or, there's always Plymouth House of Pizza!

Partner cracklover

Jun 18, 2008, 2:08 PM
Post #341 of 507 (5209 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Seriously - what do folks want to do for dinner? Campfire is out, so it's not going to be fun to hang out and get eaten by bugs - I'm thinking it'd be a good idea to plan in advance. At least for Friday night. Then Saturday afternoon we can all gather in the parking lot and make plans.

So, Friday night, anyone have a place they're dying to show folks for dinner? Or maybe Friday night should be catch-as-catch-can, since folks will be arriving at different times, and we can do the group dinner on Saturday?

Other thoughts?

GO

wonderwoman

Jun 18, 2008, 2:15 PM
Post #342 of 507 (5202 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Unfortunately I won't be there in time to eat with you all on Friday.

But my vote goes to PHOP on Saturday. Good beer and a pool table. Plus, they renovated and made the place real classy! There is even soap in the ladies room now!

GeneralBenson

Jun 18, 2008, 2:26 PM
Post #343 of 507 (5190 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
jammer wrote:
robbovius wrote:
epoch wrote:

Actually we need youtube. If something is going to happen the associated taunting will have to go with it.

I feel like it is infact our duty to make sure that something utterly hilarious gets caught on video. And if I have to strip down to my boxers and my swimmies, and speed-solo the river, then I will do just that.

(This post was edited by GeneralBenson on Jun 18, 2008, 2:36 PM)

losbill

Jun 18, 2008, 2:31 PM
Post #344 of 507 (5188 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Too lazy go through all the posts.

Will be up Thursday PM. Sadly, and gladly, since I love my sister very much and don't often get to see her, I will be heading back Friday PM.

Since I don't have a cell phone -- Rich you are now officially "in charge" of Trad Day. Your duty is to get cell #'s of those who will not be at Rumney on Thursday night so as to coordinate Friday's events.

Where did we get a count of 10 for Friday?!!?!? Haven't confirmed with Ed, I will call him. With that many do we want to split up and put some people on Cannon? Are there enough routes for 10 people where ever we are going in Crawford Notch?

Regarding river crossings it was part of the program for Trad Friday two years ago up in Kinsman Notch!

Partner pharmboy

Jun 18, 2008, 2:43 PM
Post #345 of 507 (5178 views)
Shortcut

Re: [losbill] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

losbill wrote:
Too lazy go through all the posts.

Will be up Thursday PM. Sadly, and gladly, since I love my sister very much and don't often get to see her, I will be heading back Friday PM.

Since I don't have a cell phone -- Rich you are now officially "in charge" of Trad Day. Your duty is to get cell #'s of those who will not be at Rumney on Thursday night so as to coordinate Friday's events.

Where did we get a count of 10 for Friday?!!?!? Haven't confirmed with Ed, I will call him. With that many do we want to split up and put some people on Cannon? Are there enough routes for 10 people where ever we are going in Crawford Notch?

Regarding river crossings it was part of the program for Trad Friday two years ago up in Kinsman Notch!

Hey Bill... the last time Rich was put in charge of anything it ended up turning into a Full Monty. Based upon the potential for cold river crossings I have no intention of exposing my already tiny bits to the elements!

The plan now is to meet in the pull out area for Wiley's Slide around 8am. I have some cell numbers already.

Looks like we have:

Bill (arriving Thursday pm)
Me (arriving Thursday pm)
Ben (arriving Thursday pm)
Todd (arriving Thursday pm)
Alan (arriving Thursday pm)
Matt (arriving Friday am)
Jay (arriving Friday am)
Chris (arriving Friday am)

I'm sure I may have missed a couple. But for the most part looks like the traddies are all coming up Thursday night.

I am happy to say that I"m leaving the office in one hour and am officially on ruckus leave starting then! woo hoo!

Partner epoch

Jun 18, 2008, 2:46 PM
Post #346 of 507 (5175 views)
Shortcut

Re: [losbill] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There are two routes listed in the NEClimbs database that are moderates. We should be able to get all 5 parties up one or both of the routes without much hassle. Based on the descriptions I would assume that there are more out there, and for the ambitious I would assume that venturing into new territiory might just be fun.

Easy-ish slab ought to make for quick ascents as well.

I'll be at the pullout as near to 8:00 as possible.

Partner pharmboy

Jun 18, 2008, 2:50 PM
Post #347 of 507 (5173 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
There are two routes listed in the NEClimbs database that are moderates. We should be able to get all 5 parties up one or both of the routes without much hassle. Based on the descriptions I would assume that there are more out there, and for the ambitious I would assume that venturing into new territiory might just be fun.

There are also a lot of route listed in the database of NEClimbs for Crawford Notch/Mt. Willard. Looks like the approach is pretty much the same. So we should have plenty to split up and do.

I'll see if I can find my two-way radios. I have four and they might come in handy.

Partner epoch

Jun 18, 2008, 3:05 PM
Post #348 of 507 (5167 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pharmboy wrote:
epoch wrote:

There are also a lot of route listed in the database of NEClimbs for Crawford Notch/Mt. Willard. Looks like the approach is pretty much the same. So we should have plenty to split up and do.

I'll see if I can find my two-way radios. I have four and they might come in handy.
I have 2. Reminds me to add batteries to the shopping list.

GeneralBenson

Jun 18, 2008, 3:07 PM
Post #349 of 507 (5165 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

pharmboy wrote:
epoch wrote:

Can we have code names? I want to be Red Leader. You can be Wedge. Over.

Partner pharmboy

Jun 18, 2008, 3:17 PM
Post #350 of 507 (5160 views)
Shortcut

Re: [GeneralBenson] Rumney Ruckus 08 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

GeneralBenson wrote:
Can we have code names? I want to be Red Leader. You can be Wedge. Over.

But doesn't Wedge get killed? I'd rather by howling mad murdock from the A-Team. You can be Mr. T

First page Previous page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Events & Gatherings

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook