RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - Mountain States

Premier Sponsor:

lisafeather

Jun 30, 2008, 8:00 PM
Post #1 of 3 (579 views)
Shortcut

Santa Fe area climbing partners for late summer/fall 2008
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My family is in Santa Fe, and I have to go visit. A bit of climbing on the side will make a duty visit more palatable! 'Am looking for partners for the enchanted towers or some other areas around Santa Fe (Los Alamos?). I've only ever climbed at the enchanted towers, but I'm aware there's much more to explore. I can lead sport in the 10's (although I accidentally flashed an 11B at ET last time, but I think it was soft or misgraded) and easy trad (yosemite 5.6) Am a bit out of practice at leading outdoors, but still able to follow up most sport 11's and trad 10's.

sysyphus

Jul 7, 2008, 6:06 PM
Post #2 of 3 (557 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lisafeather] Santa Fe area climbing partners for late summer/fall 2008 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There are plenty of great climbing areas around Los Alamos and into the Jemez near los alamos (1 hour from Santa Fe). There's no need to drive all of the way to the enchanted tower. Let me know, I'll climb with you, weekdays or weekends, whatever. It is mostly sport climbing--slab, vertical, and overhanging.

Steve

gregory_huey

Jul 11, 2008, 1:48 AM
Post #3 of 3 (547 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lisafeather] Santa Fe area climbing partners for late summer/fall 2008 [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello,
I am attending a conference in Santa Fe now to July 18. The previous two years I attended this conference and enjoyed excellent climbing at White Rock, in Diablo Canyon, El Rito and Las Conchas. I'm free any day, any time June 29 - July 18 for sport, trad or top rope. I will have all my climbing gear (70m rope, trad rack, QDs, etc). I can sport-lead through 5.11, trad-lead through 5.9+ (5.10 if the route is kind) and will try anything on TR.

Thanks,
Greg Huey
greghueylasc at cosmology.name
Number at St John's College: 505-995-4332
Will be at St. Johns, Santa Fe June 29 - July 18

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - Mountain States

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook