Forums: Community: Campground:
The Lounge™
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 1072 Next page Last page  View All

chossmonkey

Jul 28, 2008, 3:57 PM
Post #5201 of 26795 (4440 views)
Shortcut

Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

That's odd.

chossmonkey

Jul 28, 2008, 3:59 PM
Post #5202 of 26795 (4438 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

It wasn't an overly productive weekend for us either. On Sat. I finally did the route I have been putting way to much effort into. On Sunday we were both to wiped out to really do much, so we just tried to do some training.

the_climber

Jul 28, 2008, 4:44 PM
Post #5203 of 26795 (4432 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

So, you heard the fingernails on the chalk board too?

chossmonkey

Jul 28, 2008, 4:48 PM
Post #5204 of 26795 (4429 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_climber] Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
Not sure what it was.

the_climber

Jul 28, 2008, 4:51 PM
Post #5205 of 26795 (4425 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
Not sure what it was.

Could have been a Gopher chirping too... ear grating sound. We used to spend all day shooting gophers with .22's on the ranch.

granite_grrl

Jul 28, 2008, 4:52 PM
Post #5206 of 26795 (4424 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
It wasn't an overly productive weekend for us either. On Sat. I finally did the route I have been putting way to much effort into. On Sunday we were both to wiped out to really do much, so we just tried to do some training.
Saturday wasn't bad. I got to check out the next climb I'm thinking of projecting up there. I should have gotten on my old (sent) project too, but I was lazy and didn't want to have to hang the draws.

Oh, and I did a lot of falling which was some good mental training.

dr_feelgood

Jul 28, 2008, 5:06 PM
Post #5207 of 26795 (4417 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_climber] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
epoch wrote:
No FAs here this weekend, but I did get in some good climbs. Another week... boo

No FA's for me this weekend either. We were workign on a new route though. Got up the first 70m, then started a variation to take advantage of better rock to the left of the original line. I was almost 20m out on the lead from the anchors when a big ass thunder boomer started showering the peaks on the other side of the Bow Valley with a massive electrical show. Given that we could tell exactly which peaks and damn near how many meters from the summit the lighting was hitting we decided that it was prudent to get the fuck outta there! So far the route goes at 5.8, with protection being a mix of trad gear and a few bolts to reduce 50 foot runouts.

Looking forward to getting back on the bitch.

This is going to sound like a coffee shop bitch, but I worked all fucking weekend.

stymingersfink

Jul 28, 2008, 5:08 PM
Post #5208 of 26795 (4415 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
the_climber wrote:
epoch wrote:
No FAs here this weekend, but I did get in some good climbs. Another week... boo

No FA's for me this weekend either. We were workign on a new route though. Got up the first 70m, then started a variation to take advantage of better rock to the left of the original line. I was almost 20m out on the lead from the anchors when a big ass thunder boomer started showering the peaks on the other side of the Bow Valley with a massive electrical show. Given that we could tell exactly which peaks and damn near how many meters from the summit the lighting was hitting we decided that it was prudent to get the fuck outta there! So far the route goes at 5.8, with protection being a mix of trad gear and a few bolts to reduce 50 foot runouts.

This is going to sound like a coffee shop bitch, but I worked all fucking weekend.
never hear you bitch about it when you get two days off mid-week though do we?

WTF?Crazy

dr_feelgood

Jul 28, 2008, 5:10 PM
Post #5209 of 26795 (4412 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

stymingersfink wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
the_climber wrote:
epoch wrote:

WTF?Crazy

Nah, but the last day off i had was wednesday two weeks ago.

stymingersfink

Jul 28, 2008, 6:13 PM
Post #5210 of 26795 (4405 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
the_climber wrote:
epoch wrote:

WTF?Crazy

well that does suck then. I hope they're compensating you well for not having a life, either that or letting you bank your days off.

banking days is a personal favorite. to a point.

chossmonkey

Jul 28, 2008, 6:22 PM
Post #5211 of 26795 (4401 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:

Cool

Tongue

chossmonkey

Jul 28, 2008, 6:24 PM
Post #5212 of 26795 (4400 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Does Wicked Gravity ship?
That is directed towards Ax Murderer.

I figured that.

What are you wanting to order?
6" glue-ins.

I thought that might be it. He mentioned a while back that some guy from Onterio was inquiring about ordering 6" Glue in bolts. I'm assuming that was you.
That wasn't me.

Though I did already answer this post the otherday and it was promptly deleted.

What did he say about them?

the_climber

Jul 28, 2008, 6:25 PM
Post #5213 of 26795 (4397 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

stymingersfink wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
the_climber wrote:
epoch wrote:

WTF?Crazy

well that does suck then. I hope they're compensating you well for not having a life, either that or letting you bank your days off.

Yeah to a point. My Bro has something stupid on the order of 40 days banked, but has been screwed on every day off for the past 6 months. He's oncall on his days off and has to be within 1 hour of work at those times. About once a month he's able to get back to town to get his banking and whatnot done, then has to rush back out to the boonies. They're really understaffed... he's a Fish Biologist forking for the Government, so no real hope of them actually spending the money on trying to find more staff let alone paying more people to work.

the_climber

Jul 28, 2008, 6:34 PM
Post #5214 of 26795 (4394 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

I figured that.

6" glue-ins.

I thought that might be it. He mentioned a while back that some guy from Ontario was inquiring about ordering 6" Glue in bolts. I'm assuming that was you.
That wasn't me.

He was surprisd that tehy couldn't be ordered in Ontario. Mentioned something about the shipping costs driving up the price a bit, shipping to him, then to Ontario. Said he could do it, but thought it might be cheaper ordering from a shop in Ontario.
After all is said and done he wouldn't end up making any money off of it. I know some of the gear he's ordered in for me he hasn't made a penny at the end of the day, but if I'm ordering something in it typically is somethign noone else can get in (or will go to the effort to get), and I tend to spray about gear when it turns out to be kick ass. Which can be pretty good word of mouth adverts for him.

Hopefully some of the gear I ordered will be in soon, if I get down there this week I'll ask him about the glue-ins. Drop Binrat a line and see when he's coming out west again. We could look into if there would be any cost savings with getting them ordered, me picking them up and Binrat driving them back to Ontario. Just a thought.

Partner epoch

Jul 28, 2008, 6:39 PM
Post #5215 of 26795 (4390 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
the_climber wrote:
epoch wrote:

WTF?Crazy

Yeah to a point. My Bro has something stupid on the order of 40 days banked, but has been screwed on every day off for the past 6 months. He's oncall on his days off and has to be within 1 hour of work at those times. About once a month he's able to get back to town to get his banking and whatnot done, then has to rush back out to the boonies. They're really understaffed... he's a Fish Biologist forking for the Government, so no real hope of them actually spending the money on trying to find more staff let alone paying more people to work.

I never knew time was life-and-death being a fish biologist.

chossmonkey

Jul 28, 2008, 6:42 PM
Post #5216 of 26795 (4385 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

I figured that.

6" glue-ins.

I thought that might be it. He mentioned a while back that some guy from Ontario was inquiring about ordering 6" Glue in bolts. I'm assuming that was you.
That wasn't me.

He was surprisd that tehy couldn't be ordered in Ontario. Mentioned something about the shipping costs driving up the price a bit, shipping to him, then to Ontario. Said he could do it, but thought it might be cheaper ordering from a shop in Ontario.
After all is said and done he wouldn't end up making any money off of it. I know some of the gear he's ordered in for me he hasn't made a penny at the end of the day, but if I'm ordering something in it typically is somethign noone else can get in (or will go to the effort to get), and I tend to spray about gear when it turns out to be kick ass. Which can be pretty good word of mouth adverts for him.

Hopefully some of the gear I ordered will be in soon, if I get down there this week I'll ask him about the glue-ins. Drop Binrat a line and see when he's coming out west again. We could look into if there would be any cost savings with getting them ordered, me picking them up and Binrat driving them back to Ontario. Just a thought.
I'm going to MN next month and I could just have them shipped to my mom's.

The shops here suck, there is MEC and um a new MEC coming in the future. I guess there is a place in Waterloo, but I don't know if they would order. There is no place close. They are all more than an hour.

dr_feelgood

Jul 28, 2008, 6:44 PM
Post #5217 of 26795 (4383 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

stymingersfink wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
the_climber wrote:
epoch wrote:

WTF?Crazy

Yeah I am not exactly being compensated for most of this work right now. It's the internship portion of my paramedic program, plus 12-24 hours a week of actual paid work. The only thing I get to look forward to is about a $10 dollar raise once I am all licensed and such.

chossmonkey

Jul 28, 2008, 6:44 PM
Post #5218 of 26795 (4382 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I think Fixe would ship here, but I would get killed on shipping and taxes.

dr_feelgood

Jul 28, 2008, 6:45 PM
Post #5219 of 26795 (4380 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

epoch wrote:
the_climber wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
the_climber wrote:
epoch wrote:

WTF?Crazy

At last, he realized the depth of his ignorance.

chossmonkey

Jul 28, 2008, 6:45 PM
Post #5220 of 26795 (4379 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Yeah I am not exactly being compensated for most of this work right now. It's the internship portion of my paramedic program, plus 12-24 hours a week of actual paid work. The only thing I get to look forward to is about a $10 dollar raise once I am all licensed and such.
Yeah, but when you are making decent money and only working 12 days a month you won't be complaining.

dr_feelgood

Jul 28, 2008, 6:51 PM
Post #5221 of 26795 (4375 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Yeah, but when you are making decent money and only working 12 days a month you won't be complaining.
You have a bit of a point there. Especially if I find a quieter service and work 2 24 hour shifts per week.

Partner epoch

Jul 28, 2008, 7:03 PM
Post #5222 of 26795 (4371 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
epoch wrote:
the_climber wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
the_climber wrote:
epoch wrote:

WTF?Crazy

At last, he realized the depth of his ignorance.

At least I'm not working 16 day work weeks...

stymingersfink

Jul 28, 2008, 7:21 PM
Post #5223 of 26795 (4367 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
the_climber wrote:
epoch wrote:

WTF?Crazy

well, i guess you can be sure that until that point they'll squeeze you for every minute you've not got. Once you qualify for the serious OT rate they'll be playing a different tune I'll bet.

chossmonkey

Jul 28, 2008, 7:24 PM
Post #5224 of 26795 (4365 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

this is true

chossmonkey

Jul 28, 2008, 7:24 PM
Post #5225 of 26795 (4364 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

what is also true is..

First page Previous page 1 ... 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 1072 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook