Forums: Community: Campground:
The Lounge™
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 1072 Next page Last page  View All

chossmonkey

Aug 26, 2008, 6:52 PM
Post #6226 of 26795 (4834 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

stymingersfink wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
epoch wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
I'm so goddamned bored. One call. 7.25 hours.
Again, what is bad for you is good for the greater society...
Yes, but I need the requisite number of calls in order to be able to offer a greater contribution to the good of society. They can be bullshit calls, I just need them.
What is the number?Angelic
Fifty. I got six more today, so I am up to 45... with one shift left in a relatively quiet area.
I meant the phone number
nine one one.
That simply won't do.

Looks like you are on your own.
Na.. he still has the pup to go home to at the end of the day.
I was talking about making false calls so he could get in his 50.

chossmonkey

Aug 26, 2008, 6:52 PM
Post #6227 of 26795 (4833 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

Unless his dog can do that.

stymingersfink

Aug 26, 2008, 6:54 PM
Post #6228 of 26795 (4832 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_climber] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So, I just realized that next weekend is a long weekend, and I still haven't given a good thought about where Nathan and I should head to (I'm not sure if he's thought about it either).

We've been mostly sport climbing this summer, so some place like Rumney would be good, but I'm also thinking about the Daks or maybe the Gunks.

Has anyone here bothered making plans yet?
Geo's on the Grand Canyon for two weeks, I'm supposed to pull up carpet and install some bamboo flooring while she's gone.

So... I guess that's what I'm doing.Pirate

With any luck I'll finishing the route I've been working on is what I'll be doing... oh, and drinking my face off at the Canmore Highland Games.
There was some highland renaissance festival near Detroit last weekend. They were talking about it while I was driving through.

Canmore games are one of the bigest in the area. Should be good. Hoping that i get in free again this year. They typically mistake me for a competator there.

Just found out that after close inspection of photo's and the cliff my climbing partner is certain that we are only about 30m (or less) from the top of the cliff on the new route! Whoo! That means that next day out there we should be able to push it to the top, clean a bit of the to dangerous to clean while leading and seconding blocks on rap, and possibly do the full clean accent! the only pitch that we hanev't climbed clean yet is the one we're working on right now, pitch 4 (pitch 5 if you don't have a 70m rope).
Why not just rap in and clean and bolt it?

Ground up man. Ground up.

Outside of difficulties finding the topout from above, and the time it would take to climb another route to the top (much faster than walking around), there's no need to rap to clean or finish the line as there really are no deathblocks that are goign the treaten us completing the route ground up. If there was undue risk to complete the FA ground up, sure we'd rap in, clean, bolt where needed, ect. But, when there is no need for that why not do it in a better style. Right.
Right.

chossmonkey

Aug 26, 2008, 6:55 PM
Post #6229 of 26795 (4831 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So, I just realized that next weekend is a long weekend, and I still haven't given a good thought about where Nathan and I should head to (I'm not sure if he's thought about it either).

We've been mostly sport climbing this summer, so some place like Rumney would be good, but I'm also thinking about the Daks or maybe the Gunks.

Geo's on the Grand Canyon for two weeks, I'm supposed to pull up carpet and install some bamboo flooring while she's gone.

With any luck I'll finishing the route I've been working on is what I'll be doing... oh, and drinking my face off at the Canmore Highland Games.
There was some highland renaissance festival near Detroit last weekend. They were talking about it while I was driving through.

Canmore games are one of the bigest in the area. Should be good. Hoping that i get in free again this year. They typically mistake me for a competator there.

Just found out that after close inspection of photo's and the cliff my climbing partner is certain that we are only about 30m (or less) from the top of the cliff on the new route! Whoo! That means that next day out there we should be able to push it to the top, clean a bit of the to dangerous to clean while leading and seconding blocks on rap, and possibly do the full clean accent! the only pitch that we hanev't climbed clean yet is the one we're working on right now, pitch 4 (pitch 5 if you don't have a 70m rope).

Outside of difficulties finding the topout from above, and the time it would take to climb another route to the top (much faster than walking around), there's no need to rap to clean or finish the line as there really are no deathblocks that are goign the treaten us completing the route ground up. If there was undue risk to complete the FA ground up, sure we'd rap in, clean, bolt where needed, ect. But, when there is no need for that why not do it in a better style. Right.
If you rap down the wrong place you can just clean and bolt the line for your next route.

the_climber

Aug 26, 2008, 11:08 PM
Post #6230 of 26795 (4820 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

If you rap down the wrong place you can just clean and bolt the line for your next route.

Then we're right back to the style thing.

stymingersfink

Aug 26, 2008, 11:49 PM
Post #6231 of 26795 (4814 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Then we're right back to the style thing.
what can ya say... some folk have none.

obsessed

Aug 27, 2008, 2:47 AM
Post #6232 of 26795 (4811 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Headed up to new hampshire for the weekend.
I hate you and I hope it rained the whole time!!

How was it?

obsessed

Aug 27, 2008, 2:49 AM
Post #6233 of 26795 (4809 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
epoch wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Headed up to new hampshire for the weekend.
Have fun in the rain...

we got pounded last night. An intersection in the next town over was completely washed out. heh, washed out - kind of like...

yeah not really climbing this weekend. sort of a family get together.
Speaking of which, you interested in cathedral/WH on september 28th?

In that case....I take it back. I don't hate you, I pity you.

obsessed

Aug 27, 2008, 2:57 AM
Post #6234 of 26795 (4805 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
Have that interview/meeting about the new jorb thisafternoon.

Wish me luck.
good luck (a little late but..) did you get the jorb?

sungam

Aug 27, 2008, 2:59 AM
Post #6235 of 26795 (4802 views)
Shortcut

Re: [obsessed] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
the_climber wrote:
Have that interview/meeting about the new jorb thisafternoon.

Wish me luck.
good luck (a little late but..) did you get the jorb?
He getted the jorb.

obsessed

Aug 27, 2008, 3:05 AM
Post #6236 of 26795 (4799 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

snoopy138 wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
I saw the classic bands when I was in college. Any guesses which ones?
The Beetles and the Rolling Stones?
CCR

Jimi Hendrix

The Grateful Dead

Jefferson Airplane

and lets not forget....

The Monkees
Okay, you are not allowed to guess anymore.

Chuck Berry?
whoa. I wasn't expecting that to be dug up. Then I realized its snupe, lagging behind even me.

obsessed

Aug 27, 2008, 3:07 AM
Post #6237 of 26795 (4797 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
I'm bored.

I know I should go do something useful, like paint the bathroom, but I may or may not be going bouldering in a couple of hours (waiting for my friend to call).

Ya know what? I hate Southern Ontario. I couldn't find anyone who would go sport climbing with me this weekend.

*pout*
Cheesetits is not going to show up if you want to go bouldering. History reinforces this.
I'm going to bolt some shit in a few hours. Waiting for the rain to pass right now.
Grrrr
It wasn't me she was waiting for. She does have more than one friend
And indeed I did go bouldering. I had a better time yesterday than Saturday, my arms are tight and my shoulders a little sore.

Kelly, I still can't get through the backstroke crux, but I might be getting closer.

By the fall we will nail that suka!!
Its my grip strength that keeps failing me. Either I need to get on it all the time, or I've got to find slopers I can actually hang on to in the basement and set up some sort of system wall section.

Problem in question from three years ago (for any that might be interested):
[image]http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v58/8/85/502206225/n502206225_11545_3313.jpg[/image]

is this the only boulder problem in Southern Ontario? Don't get me rong, it looks fun, but I think I've scene about 75 pictures of this and zero of other problemz.
It would appear that way wouldn't it? I think its because its down by the river and we mostly chill there and have time to take pictures.

obsessed

Aug 27, 2008, 3:10 AM
Post #6238 of 26795 (4795 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
Almost caught up, but they are closing the library.

I leave on Tuesday to meet some friends in the valley. It will still be really hot, but not much I can do about it. We will still have fun.

I've had a great time in Squamish. Long routes, short routes, bouldering. I'm sharing a tent sight with a Slovenian guy who climbs 8b+, he's been refining my technique and I've been teaching him how to trad climb. It's been great meeting other climbers.

Nearly onsighted my first .11 on gear. Monday is the last day, I really hope I send it. I could stay here for a few more weeks, easy!

Pix to come.
Going to the valley?!?! didn't you just get to squish? hrmm You must be in the valley by now then.

obsessed

Aug 27, 2008, 3:18 AM
Post #6239 of 26795 (4793 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
I saw the classic bands when I was in college. Any guesses which ones?
The Beetles and the Rolling Stones?
CCR

Jimi Hendrix

The Grateful Dead

Jefferson Airplane

and lets not forget....

The Monkees
Okay, you are not allowed to guess anymore.

Chuck Berry?

Mozart?
Okay, not funny anymore! And it was the WHO damnit!!! And I can't believe they are still touring. They are coming to this area and people are actually buying tickets! Who wants to watch a bunch of old guys play rock and roll? Besides I'd have to be stoned and I'm a good girl now Angelic

obsessed

Aug 27, 2008, 3:21 AM
Post #6240 of 26795 (4791 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
Friday, got a new Jorb.
Saturday, got roasted by the sun heading going out the one of the routes we're working on. Decided it was too hot to start climbing, worked on improving/building the trail into the climbs (one climb is already completed, 3 more on the go). Played lumberjack and cleaed fallen trees, played stone mason/excavator and improved a 20m section accross the access ledge to make the portion safe (death fall if you slipped). Finally got on the climb, massive thunderstorm, quick retreat. Had to lower out my partner so the ropes wouldn't get blown into a tangled mess, then rapped myself. Rain jacked was left by acciden on a tree at the base of the route... I was soaked.
Sunday, house work then drove out to meet a couple buddies on their way down an easy (but long day) alpine-ish peak. I was even going to pack in some extra water and beer for them, but their jeep wasn't in the parking lot... they had their oun delays with car trouble. Ran into them on the drive out. Decided to go do an easy scramble, but found out I was still dehydrated from Saturday despite drinking 4.5L of water Saturday... I found out when I got a MASSIVE leg cramp. That hurt, landing on my side hurt too. Damn thing cramped so fast it literally tossed me to the side. Hiking down hurt more.

That about sums it up.
Congrats on the jorb Brendan! Is that the one where you are going to be out driving around looking at biology crap or something?

obsessed

Aug 27, 2008, 3:25 AM
Post #6241 of 26795 (4791 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
Bec cleaned up another one of her projects on Sunday.
yeah becs! Betcha you've done a few more since then?

churningindawake

Aug 27, 2008, 3:46 AM
Post #6242 of 26795 (4787 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I sent 3 12's in a day. woo hoo!

the_climber

Aug 27, 2008, 3:53 AM
Post #6243 of 26795 (4783 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
the_climber wrote:
Friday, got a new Jorb.
Saturday, got roasted by the sun heading going out the one of the routes we're working on. Decided it was too hot to start climbing, worked on improving/building the trail into the climbs (one climb is already completed, 3 more on the go). Played lumberjack and cleaed fallen trees, played stone mason/excavator and improved a 20m section accross the access ledge to make the portion safe (death fall if you slipped). Finally got on the climb, massive thunderstorm, quick retreat. Had to lower out my partner so the ropes wouldn't get blown into a tangled mess, then rapped myself. Rain jacked was left by acciden on a tree at the base of the route... I was soaked.
Sunday, house work then drove out to meet a couple buddies on their way down an easy (but long day) alpine-ish peak. I was even going to pack in some extra water and beer for them, but their jeep wasn't in the parking lot... they had their oun delays with car trouble. Ran into them on the drive out. Decided to go do an easy scramble, but found out I was still dehydrated from Saturday despite drinking 4.5L of water Saturday... I found out when I got a MASSIVE leg cramp. That hurt, landing on my side hurt too. Damn thing cramped so fast it literally tossed me to the side. Hiking down hurt more.

That about sums it up.
Congrats on the jorb Brendan! Is that the one where you are going to be out driving around looking at biology crap or something?

No, biology is my brother Myles' thing. I'm the geologist of the family.

the_climber

Aug 27, 2008, 3:55 AM
Post #6244 of 26795 (4782 views)
Shortcut

Re: [churningindawake] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

churningindawake wrote:
I sent 3 12's in a day. woo hoo!

And you are? Who the hell are you? WTF are you doing here?

STFU Butter-churning-donny!

granite_grrl

Aug 27, 2008, 11:23 AM
Post #6245 of 26795 (4762 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
I'm bored.

I know I should go do something useful, like paint the bathroom, but I may or may not be going bouldering in a couple of hours (waiting for my friend to call).

Ya know what? I hate Southern Ontario. I couldn't find anyone who would go sport climbing with me this weekend.

*pout*
Cheesetits is not going to show up if you want to go bouldering. History reinforces this.
I'm going to bolt some shit in a few hours. Waiting for the rain to pass right now.
Grrrr
And indeed I did go bouldering. I had a better time yesterday than Saturday, my arms are tight and my shoulders a little sore.

Kelly, I still can't get through the backstroke crux, but I might be getting closer.

Its my grip strength that keeps failing me. Either I need to get on it all the time, or I've got to find slopers I can actually hang on to in the basement and set up some sort of system wall section.

[image]http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v58/8/85/502206225/n502206225_11545_3313.jpg[/image]

is this the only boulder problem in Southern Ontario? Don't get me rong, it looks fun, but I think I've scene about 75 pictures of this and zero of other problemz.
It would appear that way wouldn't it? I think its because its down by the river and we mostly chill there and have time to take pictures.
Speaking of which....it looks like I'm headed down to the glen today with a girl from RC.com if there's anyway you can make it down there today Kelly. Now that it's cooling down we're going to have to make an effort to get there a bit more I guess.

obsessed

Aug 27, 2008, 1:16 PM
Post #6246 of 26795 (4755 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Looks like chossy will have to start selling his body for sex or medical testing.
He would get more for medical testing fer sure. They may be finally able to determine the link between monkey and man.

obsessed

Aug 27, 2008, 1:18 PM
Post #6247 of 26795 (4753 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
I'm bored.

*pout*
Grrrr

Speaking of which....it looks like I'm headed down to the glen today with a girl from RC.com if there's anyway you can make it down there today Kelly. Now that it's cooling down we're going to have to make an effort to get there a bit more I guess.
I've been working later than 5 these days so by the time I got there would be 6:30ish. I assume you are going around 4?
I agree, once a week jaunts to the glen are in order.

obsessed

Aug 27, 2008, 1:20 PM
Post #6248 of 26795 (4751 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

epoch wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
epoch wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
epoch wrote:
epoch wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
So who has big plans for this weekend?
Not me. werk werk.

Doc,

September 6-7 you will go to N. Conway.

iz my last weekend of the season. Surgury will take me out for at least 5 weeks, possibly moar.
That sux.
Carpel tunnel?

Haha. No.

You would think that, but my workstation is super ergonomic.

I have a cyst that needs removin. It came about back in December and still hasn't quite healed. I'm sick of the constant draining, and the cutter agrees with me that this should have been taken out well before now. I think it is time for a new primary care physician.
On your hand?
Elsewhere.
That really does blow....especially if its the area I'm thinking its in. Then again if it is in the nether region you should be able to climb.

obsessed

Aug 27, 2008, 1:30 PM
Post #6249 of 26795 (4749 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Fuck I really hope I can end the truck registration hell today!!!
I wanna go away this weekend and I'm planning to leave for MN bright and early Monday morning.

I need to have that shit done before I leave.
You went to MN? again? why?

obsessed

Aug 27, 2008, 1:35 PM
Post #6250 of 26795 (4747 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
artm wrote:
My harness is a Misty Mountain Cadilac.
I like it.

You sport climb in that thing?

I seem to recall him doing that yesterday.
Yesterday as in July 19th, or yesterday as in two months ago when that post was made?

Never mind, it will be another two months before you see this.Tongue

less than a month!
I wasn't counting on the BET to drop off so much. Even L'habitant could keep up with it now.
Yep only 10 pages to go and I'm caught up. You guys are slackers. Its been a month since I was on here...I think

First page Previous page 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 1072 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook