Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Help me out first tripto Jtree!!!!
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

johnbiehn

Nov 7, 2002, 6:12 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1712 views)
Shortcut

Help me out first tripto Jtree!!!!  (North_America: United_States: California: Joshua_Tree_National_Park: _Joshua_Tree_National_Park_Overview_)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey everyone,
Its my first time posting on rc.com and wasnt sure where the best place to post this would be but I guess this will suffice.

I just bought airline tickets to LA for jan 3rd 2003 to head out to Jtree for the week! I am so psyched an probably will not be able to sleep until I am out there.

The problem is that I am only 19 and renting a car is not very possible. That leaves me in a hard spot to get to Jtree.

Any of you who climb there, what would you suggest? Public transportation? Any of you wanna climb for the weekend?

I'm a safe climber and have been climbing trad at the gunks and have travelled to many other areas of North America. I can lead solid 9 and some 10s. I can make it up 12's on sport but am going to Jtree mainly for the trad lines.

Thanks so much, I would love to hear from some of you!!!!

John Biehn

only 57 days till Jtree

apollodorus

Nov 7, 2002, 7:02 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1712 views)
Shortcut

Help me out first tripto Jtree!!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION??? FROM LAX to J-TREE??? You might try checking on the Greyhound bus website to see what they might have. Guaranteed, though, that you will wind up hitchhiking or justhiking from wherever they drop you off to get to the park.

esoteric1

Nov 9, 2002, 6:43 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1712 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you will get a ride into the park, just sit by coyote corner with some jugs of water and someone will take you into the park...

boretribe

Nov 11, 2002, 9:00 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1712 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I might be able to pick you up in LA and give you a ride out to JT. Email me with the details of your flight, I should know if I can manage it within a couple of weeks.

The catch... I'm a boulderer who is trying to get into trad. If you don't mind climbing with somebody who leads at 5.6 - 5.7 trad for a day or two I'm game.

I also won't be a ble to give you a ride back to LA, but isn't getting there the most important part?

-Geoff

Partner rrrADAM

Nov 11, 2002, 11:01 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1712 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd show you around, but I am currently working in Maryland. I will be there for New Year's, but will be leaving just before you arrive.

Try sending PMs to the following users...
artm
hangerlessbolt
beerandblood
mreardon
addiroids
toobogtoclimb
jeepmonkey
jt512

They are locals who I frequently climb with.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook