RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

benkilgore

Sep 23, 2008, 3:45 AM
Post #1 of 6 (1314 views)
Shortcut

Western NC?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm new to the area and looking for people to climb with in central/western NC. I don't really know the area that well, though I am open to exploring with someone who's in a similar state.

I've got a good sport rack and all necessary gear for single pitch, but I would be happy to team up for multiples. Not quite confident in setting pro on trad yet, though I have been climbing for about 2 years. Also generally not into bouldering. I max out at about 5.10a.

Free this week and weekend, and just itching to get out there and get on the rock--so contact me if you feel the same!

Ben

Partner mr8615

Sep 25, 2008, 7:06 AM
Post #2 of 6 (1271 views)
Shortcut

Re: [benkilgore] Western NC? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hello and welcome. What part of NC are you in? I hate to tell ya, but sport options, especially under 10a are pretty much non-existant in WNC. Lucky for you, there are tons of climbers around to show you the trad ropes. Best bet would be to check out the other WNC threads on here, check out carolinaclimbers.org, or just hike up to the South side of looking glass or the cereal buttress at Rumbling Bald on a Saturday and make new friends. Best of luck!

benkilgore

Sep 26, 2008, 12:45 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1193 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mr8615] Western NC? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm about halfway between Durham and Greensboro right now, but I am headed west. Only here for a short time, and I haven't had much chance to climb the past few weeks. I miss getting out there. I don't boulder much, so I need people to get out there with, and it's always more fun that way anyway.

I understand about the sport routes, but aren't there decent places in there area where anchor points can be reached without climbing for a bit of TR?

dwise

Sep 29, 2008, 12:35 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1157 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ben,
PM me. I live in Pinehurst and try to get out to climb in NC and WV when I can. Always looking for good folks to climb with and I have plenty of trad gear & experience.
Dave Wise

jomps

Feb 24, 2009, 5:06 AM
Post #5 of 6 (942 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dwise] Western NC? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I live in Banner elk NC and im down to go climb whatever whenever it gets warm. please get a hold of me if your looking for a partner

rockitfuse

Mar 7, 2009, 8:26 PM
Post #6 of 6 (845 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I am from OH but will be in Greensboro week 20 -24 April. Hope to gym climb eves, maybe trad or sport to close crags Fri. and / or Sat. Whadayathink?

(This post was edited by rockitfuse on Mar 30, 2009, 12:53 AM)

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook